Searching for the perfect.... fill in the blank

magandab

A friend of mine and I often discuss our apparently fruitless search for the perfect.... for us it can be pair of jeans, purse, bra, you get the idea.

So, just for fun, what is that one item (or two or three or...) you search for but never seem to quite find.

Oh, believe it or not, I am on an endless search for the perfect white t shirt. You know, the one that's shaped like a girl, is true white, is long enough, but not too long, isn't see through but is silky feeling. Get the idea?

P.S. And of course there is the seemingly endless search for the perfect haircut.. sigh

Pair of shoes.

I've gotten to the point where I just cannot tolerate heels any longer due to nerve damage in my right foot. The only shoes I can wear (besides sneakers, of course) look like orthopedic shoes.

Why can't a well made, flat shoe be made to be comfortable without that thick looking sole? I've tried ballet flats…too flat, I need the arch support. Munro makes a great flat shoe, then I see women a lot older than I wearing them and I just think, I'm in old lady shoes :(

I want all that at a price point I can also tolerate. Edit: I wear a 10 wide, doesn't help.

Edited by Happy ks

Wallet.

I have perfect leather wallet from years ago. Zips all around, a zippered coin area, plenty of credit card slots, and 2 compartments for currency, so I can keep my US separate from my Euros… The zipper on it is failing and won't stay closed :( It isn't made anymore (I've done an exhaustive search). And, I have yet to find something that I like that meets all the requirements… I don't believe it was a travel-specific wallet, either. I've used it as my daily wallet for 7 years now.

Pair of shoes.

I've gotten to the point where I just cannot tolerate heels any longer due to nerve damage in my right foot. The only shoes I can wear (besides sneakers, of course) look like orthopedic shoes.

Why can't a well made, flat shoe be made to be comfortable without that thick looking sole? I've tried ballet flats…too flat, I need the arch support. Munro makes a great flat shoe, then I see women a lot older than I wearing them and I just think, I'm in old lady shoes :(

I want all that at a price point I can also tolerate. Edit: I wear a 10 wide, doesn't help.

Try Born flats . They are comfortable & still stylish . They do have good support & last forever.

Wallet.

I have perfect leather wallet from years ago. Zips all around, a zippered coin area, plenty of credit card slots, and 2 compartments for currency, so I can keep my US separate from my Euros… The zipper on it is failing and won't stay closed :( It isn't made anymore (I've done an exhaustive search). And, I have yet to find something that I like that meets all the requirements… I don't believe it was a travel-specific wallet, either. I've used it as my daily wallet for 7 years now.

Have you taken the wallet to a shoe cobbler?

They can do amazing repairs, maybe even to a wallet?

Size 11 wide shoes that look girlie. I will say that when I do find shoes, I get my money out of the because I totally wear them out!

I also always have my eye out for glittery/shimmery/sparkly blouses that are long enough to cover my gut for formal night. Always on the hunt for that!

I'm on the hunt for the perfect white capri's. I want them slimming, but not too tight I look like I'm wearing pants that are too tight. I want them to hit just below the knee. I want them to be able to either be dressed up or dressed down.

Not asking too much, especially for January :rolleyes:

Waterproof/resistant coat with removable liner to wear in Fjords and Arctic Circle. Something long enough to cover my rear end. I have jackets that I wear here, but my rain coat isn't big enough to wear with fleece under and my warm coat is not waterproof. Don't want to spend $300 for North Face 3 in 1, we just don't get that cold here.

I have a pair, most uncomfortable pair of shoes I own, I have no idea why I still keep them.

I've never found Born to be comfortable (or wide) either - you're not alone ;-)

Waterproof/resistant coat with removable liner to wear in Fjords and Arctic Circle. Something long enough to cover my rear end. I have jackets that I wear here, but my rain coat isn't big enough to wear with fleece under and my warm coat is not waterproof. Don't want to spend $300 for North Face 3 in 1, we just don't get that cold here.

I just bought this Lands End coat (got a great sale; it's on sale again) in December. Wore it to NYC for a Dec trip and it was during the heat wave - too hot :-( Hoping it will be a white & cold December in Europe next year because I'm hoping this will be my coat for our Christmas Market river cruise!

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-waterproof-down-parka/id_258758

For 3-in-1 coats, I've had a Columbia since the mid-90s - got it for skiing, wear it when I need the various layers. It's sportier than I prefer for travel, though. But much cheaper than North Face;) This looks like the current version of what I have - http://www.columbia.com/Women%E2%80%99s-Bugaboo%E2%84%A2-Interchange-Jacket/SL7904,default,pd.html

But this is cute (and more $$) if you want something longer http://www.columbia.com/Women%E2%80%99s-High-Street-Daily%E2%84%A2-Interchange-Jacket/WL7207,default,pd.html

I'm searching for the perfect pair of skinny water resistant but not rain or exercise pants for travel. My husband found some but they either don't make women's versions or they're super expensive. Will suck it up and pay the money if they're the perfect pants. But want to maintain at my current weight longer (I lost 60lbs last year, so if I'm going to spend $200, I want to make sure I'll be at this weight for a while:D)

I bought one similar to this last year and love it. Unfortunately they don't seem to carry mine anymore. :confused:

Just note this is the waterproof she'll so you need to also get a zip-in liner or you can wear it over a fleecy jacket or sweater you have.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Womens-Clothing/Womens-Outerwear/Womens-Heavyweight-Outerwear|/pc/104797080/c/104789880/sc/104480280/i/104155380/Cabelas-Womens-Grand-Teton-PrimaLoft174-Zoned-Parka-with-Dry-Plus174/1615182.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fwomens-heavyweight-outerwear%2F_%2FN-1102477%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104155380%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104797080&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104797080%3Bcat104155380

A Princess raincoat in XL size will cover almost anything. We never travel without them. Sharon has a L.

Wallet.

http://www.ruelala.com/event/product/91121/1160126030/0/DEFAULT

Size 11 wide shoes that look girlie. I will say that when I do find shoes, I get my money out of the because I totally wear them out!

THIS! I wear an 11W too.. sometimes more like an 11.5W but I can never find those and 12s are too big. Sigh.

In addition to the never ending hunt for shoes, I'm always looking for the perfect dress pants. I recently lost weight and now I can't find anything that fits right. If they fit great in my waist/hips, they're too short and don't come in Long. If they do come in Long, they are too baggy and look frumpy. It's exhausting!

Edited by iheartmarshall

A friend of mine and I often discuss our apparently fruitless search for the perfect.... for us it can be pair of jeans, purse, bra, you get the idea.

So, just for fun, what is that one item (or two or three or...) you search for but never seem to quite find.

Oh, believe it or not, I am on an endless search for the perfect white t shirt. You know, the one that's shaped like a girl, is true white, is long enough, but not too long, isn't see through but is silky feeling. Get the idea?

P.S. And of course there is the seemingly endless search for the perfect haircut.. sigh

something to wear with nice dresses, 3/4 sleeve.

Kathy...I can't wear Born shoes either....they have always been

too narrow..and I don't have a wide feet. I have tried them on a

few different times and they are always uncomfortable to me

as well:eek:

Searching for the perfect... Wristlet or small crossbody purse. I want one that is large enough for iPhone, money, lipstick, small hairbrush, and not much more. I want something beachy or tropical, but not gaudy and still classy. I've yet to find anything that seems just right for me.