Coldwater Creek

iheartbda

I was just coming here to post this. I told Tim it was good news, bad news, bad news. Good news for him that they were shutting down, bad news for me that they were shutting down, and bad news for him that the sale would be starting. 😰

I got the e-mail from C.C. this afternoon and was shocked. I have been a regular customer there for years. What shocked me was that I had no idea they were in trouble. There are a few other women's clothing stores I would have thought would close down before C.C. Now I wonder if they won't be next. :(

What I fear is that if a few more women's clothing stores close, our choices will be greatly reduced, especially for women my age who can't and don't wear clothing designed for women in their twenties and thirties.

I'm really going to miss C.C., but I will definitelt take advantage of their closing sales.

I am always sorry to hear of any company going out of business. But, it doesn't surprise me nowadays. Too many companies vying for our business and they are constantly having sales to get you to buy and reduce their inventory. I do wonder how they all profit.

What a disappointment - I've been an online customer for a number of years. I have, however, noticed a decline in the quality of their clothes the past couple of years. I'll be watching for their sales to see what I need to supplement my wardrobe.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I was in there store in Seal Beach Ca. today everything is 40% off this weekend. And if you have a gift card you must use it by May 7 2014 that's the day they said the big sale starts and no more gift cards can be used after that date.

So sad to see them go.

I'm really going to miss C.C.'s catalogs. They were always well done. Now all I'll have is Chico's catalog to enjoy.

I almost forgot the Land's End catalog, but I am worried about them too because Sears is selling Land's End or changing their relationship somehow. If Land's End products will no longer be in Sears stores, how will they survive with no retail outlets?

I just hope that Talbots is in good shape. I never really found anything at Coldwater Creek.

Coincidentally, I am wearing a Talbot's shirt as I sit here! Anyway, I have been worrying about them. Their catalog is much smaller than it used to be and I know of only one Talbot's store left in my area. I'd hate to lose them because I really like their styles.

Another one I wonder about is J Jill. I don't know of any J Jill stores left near me. There are no Lands End stores in my county either other than two that are in Sears.

I am very saddened by this news. The only jeans I ever wear are their knit jeans and I don't know of anything comparable out there.

At least 75% of my wardrobe is from there. It was the one store I could always walk into and find something that fit and looked great on me. I liked that they used real women measurements on all of their clothes and accentuated my curves. I just bought the Grecian Drape top in navy for our cruise in June.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Coincidentally, I am wearing a Talbot's shirt as I sit here! Anyway, I have been worrying about them. Their catalog is much smaller than it used to be and I know of only one Talbot's store left in my area. I'd hate to lose them because I really like their styles.

Another one I wonder about is J Jill. I don't know of any J Jill stores left near me. There are no Lands End stores in my county either other than two that are in Sears.

I'm wondering, though, if those changes you've noticed (and I've noticed them too) have more to do with fewer people shopping by catalog or in store and more people shopping online.

I know several times I've gotten surveys from Talbots about my shopping habits (catalog vs. in-store vs. online) and over time I've definitely drifted to shopping more online.

Oh WOW....I had no idea they were in financial trouble either:eek:

There is a CC within walking distance of where I live...although I usually

drive there:).....I will have stop in this week. I shop at this store

ALOT.....I know most of the gals quite well.:(..........

I love many of their tops......they have the watercolor prints that have

wonderful colors:)......

They said in the email they sent me that liquidation would start in the next few months. Here is their official information from their website. http://m.coldwatercreek.com/customerservice/FAQ?mguid=366338cb-4499-428d-9966-2917c19ce454&offercode=WPH2103

Time to close out the credit line with them I guess. Sigh

They said in the email they sent me that liquidation would start in the next few months. Here is their official information from their website. http://m.coldwatercreek.com/customerservice/FAQ?mguid=366338cb-4499-428d-9966-2917c19ce454&offercode=WPH2103

Time to close out the credit line with them I guess. Sigh

Thanks for posting this. I'm looking forward to the sales but bummed at the same time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found myself, a long time Coldwater Creek customer, buying fewer and items there (and nothing in the store -- only Outlet, online). Does anyone else think CC style had gotten frumpier and frumpier (more and more "church lady") over the last 5 or more years? (Or maybe my style has simply gotten hipper...) I still continued to look first at CC Outlet for something for my older sister, whose style is somewhat less up-to-date than mine, but as I shopped the website, I kept thinking, "A woman in her seventies or eighties might wear that..." (I am 60 and my sister, 64.)

I can't say that this is why the company failed, but I had begun to wonder...

And then there was that attempt last year to change all Outlet purchases to "final sale/no returns." There was so much complaint from customers that they changed the policy back to 120 days for returns, but perhaps this whole situation was a harbinger of bad things to come...

I'm 44 and loved how their clothes fit my curves. I know people complained about their color schemes for a while but I like neutral colors. The color is back this summer but apparently a little too late.

Their styles definitely got frumpier over the last few years. I used to be able to find a few things I liked, but for the last two years or so I would walk through the store and not see one thing I would considering wearing. The catalogs were the same way

I guess what is frumpy to one person is stylish to another.:eek:

I love many of their tops and in my opinion, they are not frumpy at all.

They have muted tones of watercolors, short sleeved tops that I love:D

I own quite a few of them and others with embellishments that I think

are very pretty.

I do have issues with their bottoms, not because I think they are

frumpy but they don't fit my body.

I am 56, don't attend any type of house of worship so I wouldn't know

what type of dresses are worn "to church" anymore.

Anyway, I still like CC's tops and will look on line and stop in the store

near me to see if I can find some items on sale:D

I do hope all the sales gals will be able to find new jobs:)