Mama Mia show changed

carsaw

I didn't realize they changed Mama Mia to Rock of Ages on the Quantum. Since the Breakaway has Rock of Ages I was a little disappointed :(

I believe quantumoftheseas will stay mama Mia and its anthem that's getting rock of ages

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where did you get this information?

Just called C&A to book another cruise and the rep said Mama Mia is being replaced with Rock of Ages on the Quantum. (I hope that information is incorrect). She also said Anthem will have We will rock you.

Edited by carsaw

I think your C&A rep is mistaken. It would be very difficult to change a full scale Broadway production to something different at this point. The performers have already been rehearsing Mama Mia for quite some time now in South Florida and Royal Caribbean already obtained the rights to the show.

I guess anything is possible but it seems very unlikely.

The shows have to be purchased to grant them the right to show them on the ship. They also cast for the specific roles and not just generic singers and dancers. So there is no way at this point for them to make a change for anytime in the near future.

Just called C&A to book another cruise and the rep said Mama Mia is being replaced with Rock of Ages on the Quantum. (I hope that information is incorrect). She also said Anthem will have We will rock you.

This begs the question - how can a rep get the info so wrong? Where would the rep get such info? Most of the time they are robots reading from a script on their workstation.

The original poster got it wrong or misunderstood.:cool:

I did not get it wrong or misunderstand what she said. She repeated it 2X when I expressed my displeasure with the musical change. In addition, I am not the only one that got it wrong or misunderstood because the call was on speaker phone.

I have no idea why she would say something like that if the information is not correct. :rolleyes:

I just booked mama mia for my quantum cruise. Royal reps have been known to get things wrong on occasion.:eek: two days ago I faxed a booking transfer request form. I called to see if they got it and how long it would take. The Rep said 20 days. :eek: It was done the next day. :D

I wonder if RCCL monitors CruiseCritic and if they did should they correct misinformation?

Does any cruise line monitor CruiseCritic?

I'm sure they do as they have an official representative on both the Celebrity and Azamara boards that posts regularly.

There is also an official RCI rep that has posted and answered a few questions here on these boards but not regularly

I did not get it wrong or misunderstand what she said. She repeated it 2X when I expressed my displeasure with the musical change. In addition, I am not the only one that got it wrong or misunderstood because the call was on speaker phone.

I have no idea why she would say something like that if the information is not correct. :rolleyes:

Royal Caribbean has a lot of call center employees at several different call centers across the country. Sometimes people are misinformed or relay the wrong information. It is a mistake, and it happens in all industries. Even though it probably shouldn't happen, unfortunately it does.

I wonder if RCCL monitors CruiseCritic and if they did should they correct misinformation?

Does any cruise line monitor CruiseCritic?

Yes, Royal Caribbean does monitor Cruise Critic.

I don't know why they would put Mama Mia on any ship that isn't all female.

It is definitely a chick flick and most men will be bored.

I saw it on Oasis and it was fine. My husband decided not to go and after sitting through it myself, I'm glad that he didn't.

It doesn't seem fair to the entire ship population ,that they wouldn't have a production that appeals to both sexes.

Some of us are actually capable of being in touch with our feminine side. And the music from this show is always popular when played by cover bands on ships, I think it is a great choice for a ship :D

I saw it on Oasis and it was fine. My husband decided not to go and after sitting through it myself, I'm glad that he didn't.

It doesn't seem fair to the entire ship population ,that they wouldn't have a production that appeals to both sexes.

You're an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums