Last minute itinerary change to Bermuda..please help !

Whensdinner

spent an enormous amount of time planning for the ports we were going to but just got word that because of Erica our ship is going to Bermuda for 3 days instead. We leave Saturday and just don't have a lot of time to look into it.

It's me, my husband, our daughter and son in law and our 3 grandchildren, 12, 9 and 7 years.

We are on the NCL Gem, it doesn't have excursions listed for us yet.

Looking for suggestions on what to do that's fun for all...

There are so many wonderful things to see and do in Bermuda.

What are you interested in?

Horseshoe Bay Beach is great

St George is a UNESCO would heritage site

Tobacco Bay is a calm sheltered beach

Lots of forts to explore

Rent a whaler or jet skis

Catamaran tour

Stand up paddle boards

Crystal Caves

Aquarium

BUEI

Thanks for the suggestions, now that the initial shock of the change has worn off I can see that there's plenty of things to keep us occupied.

The transportation to and from the ship what with buses, ferries, cabs and vans is confusing but I'm sure we'll sort it out.

Bermuda is 1000% better than Bahamas!! :D

Read a little on this board and you'll see that it's pretty easy and straight forward. You can buy 1-2-3 day passes that are good for the busses and ferries.

You can take cabs or there are special busses and mini-buses that go right to Horseshoe. There's a hop-on hop-off bus in St George.

If you look at some of your options and let us know what you are interested in there are plenty of helpful folks here to help you with transportation directions.:D

Here's a map of Dockyard that shows the ship and where buses ferries etc are

http://dockyardbermuda.com/planning-your-visit/

This is a good site and here are some free things ot do

http://www.gotobermuda.com/21-Free-Things-To-Do/

Here's some rentals

http://www.kswatersports.com/index.php

This place books activities and is right off the ship

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/

I'd have booked your sailing if I had known -- Bermuda from Manhattan is the ideal itinerary. One day you should take the ferry to St. George - a couple of great beaches there: Fort. St. Catherine and Tobacco Bay, the fort is worth checking out, and St. George is a sweet town for walking around.

While there is a lot of things are in Dockyard, it really is just a huge tourist trap - probably the high spot is the Frog and Onion Pub - best hamburgers on the island.

If you have riden motorcycles or scooters you might rent for a day or so - a great way to get around the island - but not recommended if you are not experienced - learning to drive on the left while getting used to scooters is tough.

If you have a really special event to celebrate and are willing to spring for an expensive cab ride and a great meal, go on line and make reservations for dinner at Tom Moore's tavern - check it out, a really special place.

The boat is great idea. We did it two years ago and loved it. Get the Ferry to St. George and walk around there. Tobacco Bay Beach is wonderful for snorkeling and just watch fish while standing up in the water. Great History places in St. George as well. Hamilton is a shopping mecca but just a big city as far as I am concerned. A must see is Horseshoe Beach. The walk between Horseshoe is Warwick has fantastic views. You will not be disappointed in Bermuda. As said, so much nicer than the Bahamas and you got a good deal because the Bermuda port charges are a LOT more than the Bahamas and you are getting Bermuda for the price of the Bahamas. That is like getting a Cadillac and pay for an old Volkswagon!!!!!

transportation in Bermuda is very easy. You can buy an unlimited transit pass good on ferries and busses. When you get on the bus ask the driver to let you know where to get off for your destination and they are happy to let you know. Taxis are very expensive

The boat is great idea. We did it two years ago and loved it. Get the Ferry to St. George and walk around there. Tobacco Bay Beach is wonderful for snorkeling and just watch fish while standing up in the water. Great History places in St. George as well. Hamilton is a shopping mecca but just a big city as far as I am concerned. A must see is Horseshoe Beach. The walk between Horseshoe is Warwick has fantastic views. You will not be disappointed in Bermuda. As said, so much nicer than the Bahamas and you got a good deal because the Bermuda port charges are a LOT more than the Bahamas and you are getting Bermuda for the price of the Bahamas. That is like getting a Cadillac and pay for an old Volkswagon!!!!!

I know what you are saying, but Hamilton is not a big city. It is a business center. Population of Hamilton is around 2,000. I think about 13,000 work there during the day. Population of Bermuda is around 65,000. There are things to do in Hamilton other than shopping. There are a few museums, parks, Fort Hamilton, and last but not least Pubs and Restaurants.

Edited by Charles4515

I know it's short notice and you don't have time to read my review, but if interested in just scrolling to see the pictures, something might spark your interest that you might want to go see.

Bermuda is a beautiful place to visit. If I was diverted on a cruise, I would only hope this is where they would take me. :D

You got lucky. :)

It's a much better cruise to go to Bermuda.

I just returned from Boston to Bermuda to Boston cruise on NCL Dawn and it far exceeded my expectations seeing I'm a big time, huge number of repeater cruises on HAL.

Have fun and be safe at sea.