Cabins with bathtubs?

Californian

Am looking at cruises in Europe for next year. Are there any cruise lines that have bathtubs in their oceanview or balcony cabins? If so, which cruise line/ships?

Out of Los Angeles, we're going on Carnival Imagination and could only get a bathtub in their Grand Suite cabins.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can find a Carnival ship that has the deluxe ocean view stateroom, they will usually have the junior tub. We are on the Miracle in September and they have them. We're also on the Vista 5/17 and they have them in the Deluxe ocean vew as well as the Family Harbor Deluxe ocean view. Most carnival ships have them in the suites of course. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The trio of small ships that Windstar bought from Seaborne (Pride - Spirit - Legend) have tubs in 99% of the cabins. These smaller, yacht like, ships carry only 212 passengers. Each standard 'suite' is 277 sq ft with or without the option of buying a cabin with a French balcony. A French balcony does not lessen your cabins interior footprint like most Veranda/balconies [generally] do. These three ships are not all that expensive when compared to what you'll pay using one of the mainstream lines. Worth a look.

Edited by Magnum60

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to find the answer to the height of the bath tubs, no one even the

travel agents I've dealth with can't seem to get that info from the cruise lines.

I broke a hip 2 years ago and want a larger room, seems the larger rooms have

shower in bathtub. I don't really need a handicap room it's just that I am unable to

lift my leg very high.....I was once told when asked this question while on board

RCCL that they would give me a stool to step on. WOULD YOU BELIEVE THEY WANT

ME TO USE A STOOL TO GET IN AND OUT OF A TUB ON A MOVING SHIP?

I'm hoping some one that's in a room with a bathtub/shower can give me the height

of the tub.

THANK YOU

ANN

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks very much for the feedback. I have Carnival Corp stock so happy to hear that Holland America and Carnival have tubs in oceanview cabins. If any one knows of others, please let me know. Thanks!

family suites only. Not in regular ocean views and these are not full tubs either

The tub isn't really high sided.,..but it IS on a sort of "platform". The best thing is to SIT on the side of the tub, swing your legs around and then stand in the tub. Do the same thing to get out. It's more of a "step out" than a "step in", as the bottom of the tub is higher than the bathroom floor. They do that so they can get to the drains under the tub.

I don't know what ship/line Serene is referring to, but most of the HAL ships do have tub-showers in OVs and balcony cabins. The Koningsdam does not appear to (walk-in showers in standard OVs and verandahs). The Lanai (retrofitted OV on Lower Promenade's boardwalk) cabins on the Volendam have large/long walk-in glass showers, and at least one OV cabin (3365) has that shower too! (The OV's on the port side 3372-76 do not, they have tubs.)

I do not know if the Lanai's on the Rotterdam* have the newer showers, nor those on the S-class ships (Maasdam, Veendam)... As the HAL website diagrams for all those ships INCLUDING VOLENDAM, show tub-showers in the Lanai rooms, and I know for fact that the Volendam Lanai-s have 'Euro' showers.

All accessible rooms will have barrier-free showers.

* I will be able to tell you about the Rotterdam Lanai in two more months!

That's odd, I thought I came back to this thread and updated, but it's not here.

I inquired of a CC'er who has posted photos of our very Lanai cabin on a couple of sites, but none of the bathroom -- what to expect and what to be able to report to you here. She let me know that the Lanais on the Rotterdam have the "same old" shower in the bathtub that is standard on HAL ships (except the Konningsdam). I would presume this is true, then, of the Maasdam and Veendam.

However, on the R-class HAL ships (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Volendam, and Zaandam), each have some OVs on the Main Deck (Deck 2) that have showers only -- unfortunately most have just a couple in the very front of the ship, that have portholes only, and probably are smaller cabins, and the person asking about the shower-only wanted to get a larger room. The Amsterdam, however, has about FOURTEEN of those cabins, that must be far enough back to have windows not portholes, or so I would guess.

One thing I noticed, while looking for the daisy-like asterisk indicating "Shower Only", -- on the Navigation Deck (7 I believe) there are a pair of midship suites that are shower-only, but not "accessible"! So if you are interested in a *really* big cabin -- have a look there.

I did not search the other HAL ships -- they would have the same icon on the deck plans... except maybe not for the K'dam, since shower is the default for most of her cabins.