Dancing Waiters in Dining Room

myvot

Hi everyone

I'm sailing on the Dream on June 1 and was wondering what time the waiters dance each evening at dinner. I am my time dining and want to make sure I don't miss it.

Thanks x

Hi everyone

I'm sailing on the Dream on June 1 and was wondering what time the waiters dance each evening at dinner. I am my time dining and want to make sure I don't miss it.

Thanks x

The waiters dance at dinner? Is this just a Carnival thing?

Thats a tad scary.

It is a Carnival thing, a lot of people hate it, but I guess more like it or they would not do it. The saddest comment I read was from a guy who said it was the highlight of his cruise. I mean, what a humdrum cruise he must have had !

It is a Carnival thing, a lot of people hate it, but I guess more like it or they would not do it. The saddest comment I read was from a guy who said it was the highlight of his cruise. I mean, what a humdrum cruise he must have had !

Just been looking at some on youtube, quite impressed with Gangnam style.

I don't hate it It was just a bit of a surprise :)

:D Too funny above!

Thing is ... it seems lots of folks actually do like it.

LuLu

~~~~

We tended to see it on the hours (7p mostly). We don't mind it but it seems a lot of the wait staff themselves do :( Not sure why they make them do it. It's great when you have the folks really getting into it though!

Since about the 3rd or 4th cruise we try hard to be done and gone prior to the "dancing", don't always make it but personally I feel a bit embarrassed for the waiters. Years ago they used to come in with flaming baked Alaska, and yes it was on fire, on their heads! Open fire being paraded around on a head... Now THAT was a sight and a bit scary!

Since about the 3rd or 4th cruise we try hard to be done and gone prior to the "dancing", don't always make it but personally I feel a bit embarrassed for the waiters. Years ago they used to come in with flaming baked Alaska, and yes it was on fire, on their heads! Open fire being paraded around on a head... Now THAT was a sight and a bit scary!

back when they did this, i don't think no one worried, or scared about the fire on their heads. i didn't!:)

back when they did this, i don't think no one worried, or scared about the fire on their heads. i didn't!:)

I KNOW!!! no PC and everyone smoked in the MDR. Ashtrays on all the tables, "highball" drinks... what a hoot to remember, not sure they were the "good ole days" but a different mentality for sure.

We had a table for 2 on our 2013 B2B and had the same waitstaff both cruises. They really seemed to enjoy performing for us. Since there were just the 2 of us and they had a couple of tables of 10 & 12 we'd usually be done way before the rest of their guests. I'd find out if they were entertaining us and wait around for it because I do enjoy it.

My husband really hates the dancing/singing waiters, so he conveniently goes to the restroom when it starts! Works for us.

It's a bit redundant and personally I don't care much for it but a lot of folks really get into it, especially if it's their first time. SO, I clap and smile like most everyone else. Fice minutes each night won't ruin my dinner.

We met some people on the cruise who ended up being our trivia partners. The second day he told us he wasn't so sure if he liked cruising or not, but then at dinner the waiters danced to 'low, low' (or something) and he was like "man, this is just awesome". I know he had tons of other fun on the cruise, but he LOVED the waiter's dancing.

Me, I could take it or leave it. It really looks like some waiters like to do it, but others are clearly miserable.... One of our waiter's told us there is a lot of competition to be on the pedestals, and those people a) really love to perform and b) know you get more tips if your one of the best dancers

Archived