Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

"Barefoot Beach cabanas have a private beach only for cabana rental guests"

It does?? I was there in April 2014 and didn't see a separate beach for "cabana only" on Barefoot. Some of the cabanas had waterfront access, but I didn't see that any had their own beach.

Towels are available for anyone, regardless of whether or not they've reserved a cabana. We were able to use as many as we wanted - and for those concerned about shade, Barefoot has plenty of shaded areas under the palm trees :)

I think it should have read that Barefoot Beach is for Gold Seapass Card holders only (full suites and Pinnacle Club members). There is plenty of room for those without a cabana, you just need to show your gold card to enter.

I need opinions on the best time to book the zip line? We have a cabana on Nellie's. Is it better to go right off the ship, before it gets hot, busy, other reasons? Or better to get settled, relax, go for a swim, and look forward to the zip line before or after lunch?

I need opinions on the best time to book the zip line? We have a cabana on Nellie's. Is it better to go right off the ship, before it gets hot, busy, other reasons? Or better to get settled, relax, go for a swim, and look forward to the zip line before or after lunch?

Personally speaking, I would get my cabana and then go for the zip line. Crowds build during the day. :)

Hi Chris – nice to read another one of your threads! I’ve read through most of this and maybe I missed the answer, if so, I apologize. I’ve only been to Labadee once before but was lucky enough to have a cabana. This time, I think we might pass on a cabana but would like to be on Barefoot Beach. We walked over to Adrenaline Beach last time and the water appeared to be rougher and it was more crowded. If I recall correctly from last time, we needed a wristband to be able to access Barefoot Beach/our cabana. Do you know if it’s possible to go to Barefoot Beach without renting a cabana? And if so, is lunch still included? One more question – is Nellie’s Beach considered the same thing as Barefoot Beach, but the cabanas or up on the rocks?

Thanks so much, and look forward to your next live review!

Do Jr. Suites count when you say that suite guests have first dibs on cabanas? Jr. suites don't always get the same perks as "regular" suites. Sailing on Freedom in Dec. 2015 - first time in a JS and first time going to Labadee.

Which beach is best for children to swim (in regards to waves, rocky bottom, etc)?

Hi Chris – nice to read another one of your threads! I’ve read through most of this and maybe I missed the answer, if so, I apologize. I’ve only been to Labadee once before but was lucky enough to have a cabana. This time, I think we might pass on a cabana but would like to be on Barefoot Beach. We walked over to Adrenaline Beach last time and the water appeared to be rougher and it was more crowded. If I recall correctly from last time, we needed a wristband to be able to access Barefoot Beach/our cabana. Do you know if it’s possible to go to Barefoot Beach without renting a cabana? And if so, is lunch still included? One more question – is Nellie’s Beach considered the same thing as Barefoot Beach, but the cabanas or up on the rocks?

Thanks so much, and look forward to your next live review!

I can answer your question -- gold seapass cardholders have access to Barefoot Beach, regardless of whether or not you book a cabana. If you are in a full Suite or a Pinnacle Club member of Crown & Anchor, you have access to this beach, otherwise, not. Access to the beach includes the upgraded buffet lunch. Nellie's Beach is free access, available to anyone. The same types of cabanas are available for rent: beach, overwater, and hillside. (We have rented cabanas on both beaches, most recently, 3 weeks ago.) I hope this helps. :)

Do Jr. Suites count when you say that suite guests have first dibs on cabanas? Jr. suites don't always get the same perks as "regular" suites. Sailing on Freedom in Dec. 2015 - first time in a JS and first time going to Labadee.

Which beach is best for children to swim (in regards to waves, rocky bottom, etc)?

Junior Suites are not included in the group who has first access to Barefoot Beach cabanas, only full Suitess -- Grand Suite and higher.

My best guess on which beach is best for children is Columbus Cove or Nellie's Beach.

I think that pretty much covers the over the water cabanas. Next we'll cover the beach cabanas. At this point, so the questions wouldn't get lost in posts, I'd like to see if anyone out there has any questions? I'll do my best to answer them

Bugsy4271 -

Thanks for putting this together as I am enjoying learning from your experiences of booking/using the cabanas. Here are my questions:

1) I'm curious to know if your booking of these cabanas varied much between a cruise on RCCL and Celebrity?

2) What type of stateroom do you book when you arrange for a cabana? The reason I ask is only because I know the suites have first shot at booking cabanas before standard category staterooms do. Also, I think I have read that if you are not in a suite, you cannot book these until you are on the cruise ship. Because of that I wondered if you had booked a non-suite stateroom and did you have any challenges that you had to plan for?

My answer may not help if things have changed... My cruise is 2/2015. I booked my cabana in may 2014, the day someone on cruise critic notified us on roll call that they had been able to start booking excursions. Knowing they sold out fast online, I signed on asap and got a cabana on Nellie's beach. I am in an inside cabin on Oasis.

I was surprised to see the price hike -- the first time we booked a cabana, in late 2011, it was $150. The prices have been steadily climbing.

Supply and demand. :)

Since the "supply" has remained the same (I'm assuming no new cabanas have been built) while the demand has gone up, it sounds more like "price gouging".

I can answer your question -- gold seapass cardholders have access to Barefoot Beach, regardless of whether or not you book a cabana. If you are in a full Suite or a Pinnacle Club member of Crown & Anchor, you have access to this beach, otherwise, not. Access to the beach includes the upgraded buffet lunch. Nellie's Beach is free access, available to anyone. The same types of cabanas are available for rent: beach, overwater, and hillside. (We have rented cabanas on both beaches, most recently, 3 weeks ago.) I hope this helps. :)

Junior Suites are not included in the group who has first access to Barefoot Beach cabanas, only full Suitess -- Grand Suite and higher.

My best guess on which beach is best for children is Columbus Cove or Nellie's Beach.

If you were there three weeks ago which beach has better sand?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a cabana with another couple so the cabana reservation is in their name. We have since changed from a balcony to one of the new GS on Deck 11. I hope to call RCL concierge to see if we can change that reserved cabana to one on the suite beach. Is this possible?

Norine

We booked a cabana with another couple so the cabana reservation is in their name. We have since changed from a balcony to one of the new GS on Deck 11. I hope to call RCL concierge to see if we can change that reserved cabana to one on the suite beach. Is this possible?

Norine

Yes Concierge should be able to do it when they contact you about 2 weeks before the cruise. I was on the Allure last New Years and had it done. However be careful what you wish for the sand was better at Nellie's than Barefoot that is why I asked travelgoddess1 how the sand was at the beaches?:D You can still go to Barefoot for the Suite buffet grilled Steaks & Lobster tails

Yes Concierge should be able to do it when they contact you about 2 weeks before the cruise. I was on the Allure last New Years and had it done. However be careful what you wish for the sand was better at Nellie's than Barefoot that is why I asked travelgoddess1 how the sand was at the beaches?:D You can still go to Barefoot for the Suite buffet grilled Steaks & Lobster tails

Hi you can also email the concierge a few weeks before your cruise to request a cabana on barefoot beach. I would request which type of a cabana you prefer. I have done this several times in the past without an issue. Good luck and happy cruising !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bugsy4271 -

Thanks for putting this together as I am enjoying learning from your experiences of booking/using the cabanas. Here are my questions:

1) I'm curious to know if your booking of these cabanas varied much between a cruise on RCCL and Celebrity?

2) What type of stateroom do you book when you arrange for a cabana? The reason I ask is only because I know the suites have first shot at booking cabanas before standard category staterooms do. Also, I think I have read that if you are not in a suite, you cannot book these until you are on the cruise ship. Because of that I wondered if you had booked a non-suite stateroom and did you have any challenges that you had to plan for?

I have only been on one Celebrity cruise but there was not much difference other than Silhouette did not spend as much time in Labadee as Oasis and Allure did(7 hours versus 9)

Suite guests can reserve cabanas at Barefoot Beach which is exclusive for suite guests. Sometimes if no cabanas are available at Nellie's you can request to be waitlisted for one and may be offered one at Barefoot if they are available.

Nellie's is for everyone else and I've always been in either a junior suite or balcony. I was always able to reserve in advance online. This sounds like it might have changed but I have not tried to book one lately to see if indeed that is the case. I reserved my cabana for my upcoming cruise aboard Quantum nearly 16 months ago

If you were there three weeks ago which beach has better sand?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds as though you answered your own question. I was not aware there was a difference in the sand, to be honest. :)

Norine

Yes, just contact the Concierge. If the price has gone up since you booked, you pay the difference.

It was possible to book a cabana online at Nellie's Beach prior to August. Since then, according to an email I received from shore excursions in Miami, in response to this specific issue, you must book the cabana onboard for Nellie's Beach. (We booked Nellie's cabana online last March for our December cruise.)

Edited by travelgoddess1

I have only been on one Celebrity cruise but there was not much difference other than Silhouette did not spend as much time in Labadee as Oasis and Allure did(7 hours versus 9)

Suite guests can reserve cabanas at Barefoot Beach which is exclusive for suite guests. Sometimes if no cabanas are available at Nellie's you can request to be waitlisted for one and may be offered one at Barefoot if they are available.

Nellie's is for everyone else and I've always been in either a junior suite or balcony. I was always able to reserve in advance online. This sounds like it might have changed but I have not tried to book one lately to see if indeed that is the case. I reserved my cabana for my upcoming cruise aboard Quantum nearly 16 months ago

I found Barefoot Beach to be a bit rocky, I have never swum at Nellie's thats why I asked how the sand was. Anyone out there who has an opinion feel free to chime in please. We are in an Owners suite this February already have an over the water reserved at Nellie's

thinking of sticking with it to see how the beach is.:D

Norine

Hi Norine! You can contact the Concerge to see if you can get a cabana at BB. If you can and they allow us lowly non-suite guests ;) to join you I will cancel our reservation on Nellie's. (We are the other couple referenced in Norine's post). BB sounds as f it would be ncer just because it would be less crowded. If we remain at Nellie's we should still get the upgraded buffet since we reserved it so long ago. I have the e-mail which states the same.

We were at BB a long time ago, before they made it suites exclusive and I don't remember the sand there as being anything different than most beaches. It was nice.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I know it is 6 months ago but this past July the entrance to the water at Bare foot beach was broken shells on one side and so smooth on the other.

We were wearing our water shoes and then we noticed people on the other side just walking the shoreline and we went over and it was smooth.

I guess it just depends on the currents and sea conditions on what comes in.

Safe travels

I know it is 6 months ago but this past July the entrance to the water at Bare foot beach was broken shells on one side and so smooth on the other.

We were wearing our water shoes and then we noticed people on the other side just walking the shoreline and we went over and it was smooth.

I guess it just depends on the currents and sea conditions on what comes in.

Safe travels

When I was last at Labadee we were at BB (a long time ago) the beach was silky smooth. However, in the water, I stepped on something in the sand that caused me a great deal of foot pain for weeks. Once home an x-ray showed a line that looked like a Sea Urchin quill or a needle going straight up into my foot! Nothing was imbedded, but it certainly caused an injury. Ever since I have always worn water shoes on the beach and in the water, You never know what could be in there. The sand that day was nice, so it never really occured to me to wear shoes untl I felt that searing pain!:eek:

When I was last at Labadee we were at BB (a long time ago) the beach was silky smooth. However, in the water, I stepped on something in the sand that caused me a great deal of foot pain for weeks. Once home an x-ray showed a line that looked like a Sea Urchin quill or a needle going straight up into my foot! Nothing was imbedded, but it certainly caused an injury. Ever since I have always worn water shoes on the beach and in the water, You never know what could be in there. The sand that day was nice, so it never really occured to me to wear shoes untl I felt that searing pain!:eek:

Ginny, that's good advice. I never would have thought you could injure yourself, but that is because we never go in the water. We are not sun worshipers, so we head for the shade whenever we go to a beach. That's why we like the cabanas, they do provide sun protection.:) I hope you eventually fully recovered.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Ginny, that's good advice. I never would have thought you could injure yourself, but that is because we never go in the water. We are not sun worshipers, so we head for the shade whenever we go to a beach. That's why we like the cabanas, they do provide sun protection.:) I hope you eventually fully recovered.

Yes, I did fully recover, but it took a long time. We also like the shade, but also like to go into the water. I am looking forward to our cabana in May wth our friends Norine and her DH. But, I will like the water access as well.:) I will be wearing my water shoes for sure.

• 1 month later...
This set of photos given to me by Anne

These Barefoot Beach ones are located close to the buffet and in my opinion wouldn't seem very private. But I could be wrong

C1beach_zpsea6fd3c1.jpg

Here are the ones that are over the water at Barefoot Beach:

C4overwater_zpsd864d893.jpg

C5barefootbeach_zpse0b7ce88.jpg

The top one that doesn't seem private....is that a standard cabana on barefoot? Do you know if it faces or is close to the water?

Jess

Jess, the first photo faces the water and is called a beach cabana (as opposed to overwater or hillside). We had the B2 cabana in late January, and it is very close to the water -- I think the one in the photo is a little farther back, and close to the buffet. The second photo is one of the 4 overwater cabanas that face away from the ship. On our second stop in Labadee (last week) we had OW#6, which is the one on the right, in the distance across the beach, in photo #3. It is sort of peeking around the corner of OW#5 in the center of the photo. OW #6 is probably the most private cabana. Also in the third photo is B#2, surrounded by the blue chaise lounges, to the left of OW #'s 5 & 6.

I hope that helps.

Jess, the first photo faces the water and is called a beach cabana (as opposed to overwater or hillside). We had the B2 cabana in late January, and it is very close to the water -- I think the one in the photo is a little farther back, and close to the buffet. The second photo is one of the 4 overwater cabanas that face away from the ship. On our second stop in Labadee (last week) we had OW#6, which is the one on the right, in the distance across the beach, in photo #3. It is sort of peeking around the corner of OW#5 in the center of the photo. OW #6 is probably the most private cabana. Also in the third photo is B#2, surrounded by the blue chaise lounges, to the left of OW #'s 5 & 6.

I hope that helps.

Thanks! That really helps! Leaving Friday [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk