Your onboard lounge benefits just got better

We are worried that RCL will slowly change over to the 3 drink voucher system and close down the designated Diamond lounge system which used to include unlimited drinks and hot and cold appetizers for 3 1/2 hours. We think this is a response to the vast numbers of Diamond and above guest. This is not a great idea and is not a way to reward the cruises who have been loyal thru all those years.

Has anyone received this email for the Allure? I'm going 8/17 and I'd rather have the drink vouchers. I'll be traveling with my 2 kids - both diamond but the oldest is 20 so not old enough to drink (legally), with the drink vouchers I can be with them and still get a drink. I usually don't use the lounge since going by myself I've always felt very uncomfortable there, but not on other place son the ships

We are worried that RCL will slowly change over to the 3 drink voucher system and close down the designated Diamond lounge system which used to include unlimited drinks and hot and cold appetizers for 3 1/2 hours. We think this is a response to the vast numbers of Diamond and above guest. This is not a great idea and is not a way to reward the cruises who have been loyal thru all those years.

Don't worry, they are building the new ships with DL's.

What is that???

THE MATRIX is what the ship calls "the list of drinks" that CAN be served in the Diamond and Concierge Lounges.

Some ships have that listed posted in their lounges. On the Grandeur they have a copy under the glass of each table in the lounge. It is an excellent way to educate/inform guests so that they do not demand a drink that is not "allowed" to be served in the lounge. The ships who have displayed the matrix are brilliant.

THE MATRIX is what the ship calls "the list of drinks" that CAN be served in the Diamond and Concierge Lounges.

Some ships have that listed posted in their lounges. On the Grandeur they have a copy under the glass of each table in the lounge. It is an excellent way to educate/inform guests so that they do not demand a drink that is not "allowed" to be served in the lounge. The ships who have displayed the matrix are brilliant.

Oh you mean this.

Edited to add: Sorry for the small size - pretty hard to read!

photo1.jpg.fb10547e9216956e9e7443248050f08d.jpg

photo2.jpg.4b0c0966e6909d8f0b62173b42647c3d.jpg

Edited by leaveitallbehind

As Nhsaltshaker pointed out, all the ships either have a DL now or will be getting one soon. (With the exception of Majesty I think, but drink vouchers there would certainly solve the perk problem there since it has neither a CL nor a DL.)

So…I don't believe the DLs will close. I think vouchers have come about as a way to alleviate the crowding and also because a large number of people have complained to Concierges and on their cruise surveys about not being able to bring their non D,D+,PC friends/family/cabin-mate, etc. with them into the DL or CL for cocktail hour. It may be that they are working toward a 3 drink max per person for lounge cocktails, though. Again, I don't find that to be unreasonable. I don't believe that "unlimited" cocktails was ever the intent of this loyalty perk. The intent most likely was to give us each a few free drinks, not a 3 1/2 hour binge every evening.

If I were to speculate, I would think they might take away CL access for those of us who are D+ after they finish putting DLs on all the ships. The DL offers the exact same amenities to D+ and it would help solve overcrowding in the CL. Vouchers also would help solve the crowding situation in both CL and DL since the complimentary drink perk would not be restricted to the lounge any more and people could enjoy their drinks anywhere on the ship with whomever they choose to hang with. (Just my thoughts…)

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

Has anyone who is cruising on the Allure for the 6/29 departure received an email on this?

I am scheduled to be on the 6/29 sailing of Allure and would love to have this feature....some of my travel mates may not be eligible for the lounge benefit as I am and it would be nice to have drinks with them.

So…I don't believe the DLs will close. I think vouchers have come about as a way to alleviate the crowding and also because a large number of people have complained to Concierges and on their cruise surveys about not being able to bring their non D,D+,PC friends/family/cabin-mate, etc. with them into the DL or CL for cocktail hour. It may be that they are working toward a 3 drink max per person for lounge cocktails, though. Again, I don't find that to be unreasonable. I don't believe that "unlimited" cocktails was ever the intent of this loyalty perk. The intent most likely was to give us each a few free drinks, not a 3 1/2 hour binge every evening.

If I were to speculate, I would think they might take away CL access for those of us who are D+ after they finish putting DLs on all the ships. The DL offers the exact same amenities to D+ and it would help solve overcrowding in the CL. Vouchers also would help solve the crowding situation in both CL and DL since the complimentary drink perk would not be restricted to the lounge any more and people could enjoy their drinks anywhere on the ship with whomever they choose to hang with. (Just my thoughts…)

Judy

Yep, I don't think they will close the Diamond Lounge. I don't like speculation very much, but I think you are correct, if there is a change it would be taking away the Diamond Plus access to the CL. Maybe leaving Pinnacle with access.

Here's the list from Enchantment:

Enchantment_DL_CL_drinks.JPG

Yep, I don't think they will close the Diamond Lounge. I don't like speculation very much, but I think you are correct, if there is a change it would be taking away the Diamond Plus access to the CL. Maybe leaving Pinnacle with access.

Just to clarify if anyone felt I was implying by my original post that they would close the Diamond Clubs - I absolutely don't believe for a minute that they would do that, especially now that they are - or soon will be - on all ships (except Majesty).

My only concern was in wondering if this could be a step towards limiting access by tier to them. I don't have any information indicating that would happen and most certainly hope it doesn't. It was only a comment of wondering if that would be a possibility.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I really like this idea due to the fact that we sometimes travel with people who are not Diamonds. Generally, at night I would drink Lemontinis. I wonder if that's allowed since the ingredients are pretty much on that list.

Anyone want to guess?

macy

[quote name='britty1']The email states Diamond Plus and Pinnacle - yet some of you are talking Diamond - so is it across the board - Diamond and above ???? :D[/QUOTE]

Diamond also got the email. We just do not have access to the Concierge Lounge, only the Diamond Lounge.

We received our email today for our July Freedom cruise. We have a November Oasis cruise and did not receive the email. Others from our Oasis thread did receive the email today...:confused:
Many on here have different opinions (that is why I read CC ;)); we will start out having drinks in the lounge to meet new people then try a couple of the other bars just for fun. Possibly will meet others in the lounge that will want to try out the vouchers with us. At this time I think it is an interesting idea and we are willing to give it a try. Maybe the next perk would be having a drink served to us on our balcony at 5:00 while we are getting ready for the evening???? RCCl, hope you are reading this...

It makes no sense to say they will close the DL lounges....RC has been spending millions to put them in all the ships and set them up with areas for breakfast/canapés , a $10,000 coffee machine. (the new ones make great lattes...) and a DL concierge... what I think they want to avoid is over flow areas....this may be the solution.

On our last 4, 7 day cruises both CL and DL lounges were not full at all...in fact they were quite empty. :confused:

[quote name='robandana']It makes no sense to say they will close the DL lounges....RC has been spending millions to put them in all the ships and set them up with areas for breakfast/canapés , a $10,000 coffee machine. (the new ones make great lattes...) and a DL concierge... what I think they want to avoid is over flow areas....this may be the solution.

On our last 4, 7 day cruises both CL and DL lounges were not full at all...in fact they were quite empty. :confused:[/QUOTE]

And how much money are they spending to build and outfit the Quantum of the Seas, only to rip her apart seven months later and re-fit her for the Asian market?!?!?!?!