Eurodam Micro-Review Dec 7-14, 2014 Western Caribbean

bshow

We were on Eurodam last week and had a great time. A few random observations:

* Ship is in great shape. No problems with anything in our VC cabin. Service friendly and efficient as always.

* We traveled as a family group of 8 and used open seating. Worked fantastic for us. We showed up around 6pm each evening and were always immediately seated. The dining room manager told us that getting a large table is easy since most people don't want them.

* Dining room menus have been simplified. There was one night nothing much appealed to me, so I had the NY strip steak. It was superb! Wine service was generally good. Had one dinner at Tamarind and one at Pinnacle Grill. Both were excellent.

* The Dive In is really nice and is executed perfectly. The ordering/pager system is great! The burgers are very good and the fries are excellent. Didn't try a dog, but they looked good. HAL really did a great job here.

* Guitar player in the Crow's Nest was way too loud. He would have been great as background music, but as it was, he was extremely annoying.

* There is a new team of singers/dancers. The first show seemed off to me, but the rest of the shows were excellent. Did not see the comedian.

* Not much live music by the main pool on sea days. The steel pan player performed a couple of times. Never saw the HAL cats; maybe it was just timing.

* We did two shore excursions through HAL and I was very impressed with both. HAL shore excursion team was friendly and helpful.

* Key West was great fun. The "papers please" probing by gun-toting US government goons before going ashore was creepy and offensive. Welcome to the police state.

* Embarkation was fast and efficient. Disembarkation was quite slow, supposedly due to the lack of CBP goons, although there seemed to be plenty by the time we got there. The slowness wasn't a problem for us, since we had a late flight, but I suppose some folks were upset. We were close to last group off and it was after 10:30am before we were in a cab headed for the airport.

Anyway, a nice relaxing cruise with wonderful service from HAL. Great value for the money. Can't wait to go again!

Thanks for sharing your mini-review.

We were on the Eurodam for two weeks (thanksgiving week and first week of December) and entertainment was different each week.

Thanksgiving week - pool games at aft pool twice, steel pan player was there four days, great comedian and the band at BB Kings was excellent.

First week of December - no pool games, steel pan player was there two days, no comedian and band at BB Kings (different band) was ok.

Agree with almost all of your comments except we thought the dining room menu had been trimmed considerably. We ended up at the buffet and room service the second week as the menus were almost exact duplicates.

* Ship is in great shape. No problems with anything in our VC cabin. Service friendly and efficient as always.

* We traveled as a family group of 8 and used open seating. Worked fantastic for us. We showed up around 6pm each evening and were always immediately seated. The dining room manager told us that getting a large table is easy since most people don't want them.

* Dining room menus have been simplified. There was one night nothing much appealed to me, so I had the NY strip steak. It was superb! Wine service was generally good. Had one dinner at Tamarind and one at Pinnacle Grill. Both were excellent.

* The Dive In is really nice and is executed perfectly. The ordering/pager system is great! The burgers are very good and the fries are excellent. Didn't try a dog, but they looked good. HAL really did a great job here.

* Guitar player in the Crow's Nest was way too loud. He would have been great as background music, but as it was, he was extremely annoying.

* There is a new team of singers/dancers. The first show seemed off to me, but the rest of the shows were excellent. Did not see the comedian.

* Not much live music by the main pool on sea days. The steel pan player performed a couple of times. Never saw the HAL cats; maybe it was just timing.

* We did two shore excursions through HAL and I was very impressed with both. HAL shore excursion team was friendly and helpful.

* Key West was great fun. The "papers please" probing by gun-toting US government goons before going ashore was creepy and offensive. Welcome to the police state.

* Embarkation was fast and efficient. Disembarkation was quite slow, supposedly due to the lack of CBP goons, although there seemed to be plenty by the time we got there. The slowness wasn't a problem for us, since we had a late flight, but I suppose some folks were upset. We were close to last group off and it was after 10:30am before we were in a cab headed for the airport.

Anyway, a nice relaxing cruise with wonderful service from HAL. Great value for the money. Can't wait to go again!

Thanks for your review. I just was in Key West and didn't see any "gun-toting government goons" anywhere. And I find that phrase offensive.

Your "goon" comment was totally uncalled-for, inappropriate, and offensive. You might want to hope that the first cruise ship ISIS chooses to "visit" isn't one you're on. And he even said "please?" Please.

Are you referring to the Immigration officials who are securing our country from foreign terrorists and others who have no right to enter the US? Key West is the first port of entry into the US for many cruises after the ship has been in foreign countries so everyone's documents are checked to be sure no one is sneaking in and then disappearing who do not have the right to be in the US. Government Goons? Offensive? Creepy? You should be glad these professional agents are there protecting you instead of insulting them! :mad:

Your "goon" comment was totally uncalled-for, inappropriate, and offensive. You might want to hope that the first cruise ship ISIS chooses to "visit" isn't one you're on. And he even said "please?" Please.

I too found the "goon comment offensive & ignorant - I was going to post - bshow needs to be reminded of 2 hijacked planes crashing into buildings & murdering thousands of people on US soil.

Edited by Rotterdam

I too found the "goon comment offensive & ignorant - I was going to post - bshow needs to be reminded of 2 hijacked planes crashing into buildings & murdering thousands of people on US soil.

How soon they forget. It was three buildings and a field. :(

However, I do agree with your (and that of others) comment that the use of the word "goon" (twice!) is offensive.

For a minute there I thought I was the only one who was disgusted by the OP comments regarding the government goons and "police state".

Why would anyone think this is an appropriate comment to be made on this website or any other? :confused:

Thank you very much for your review. We will be on the Eurodam in March and was wondering if the formal nights were the sea days.

Yes, the two sea days were the formal nights on this itinerary. Worked out nicely. Enjoy your trip in March.