Princess Captains Cirrcle Platinum Benefits

Travel Hunter

I recently reached platinum benefits. I read the princess website and reviewed the benefits but I am confused. Do they offer a free cocktail hour? I see they set up a mini bar is the entire cabin mini bar free?

Can I ask for wine instead of whatever they offer in the bar? How well do they stock the bar? Princess states they will do our wash, every day, once a cruise dry cleaning. Are there any benefits other that those on the website.

We are elite with celebrity and love the program

Thanks for your help

I recently reached platinum benefits. I read the princess website and reviewed the benefits but I am confused. Do they offer a free cocktail hour? I see they set up a mini bar is the entire cabin mini bar free?

Can I ask for wine instead of whatever they offer in the bar? How well do they stock the bar? Princess states they will do our wash, every day, once a cruise dry cleaning. Are there any benefits other that those on the website.

Thanks for your help

The in room mini bar is for elites and suites. The pre dinner lounge is hors devours and a reduced price drink choice.

There is an Platinum/Elite/full suite lounge nightly that offers a special appetizer item and a discounted drink special. There is no free happy hour.

The mini-bar setup is for Elites, not Platinum level.

Besides the nightly lounge, the main benefits are preferred boarding and free Internet minutes for Platinum.

You may want to re-review the benefits specific to Platinum on the Princess website.

The in room mini bar is for elites and suites. The pre dinner lounge is hors devours and a reduced price drink choice.

The website indicates the mini bar is for "Elite"

There is no mention of a lounge or reduced drinks

I posted the benefits from the webpage

So is this a hidden benefit some canapes and a reduced price drink lounge

Edited by Travel Hunter

The website indicates the mini bar is for "platinum" and does not provide an "elite" ranking on Princess

I am reviewing the wrong page?

There is no mention of a lounge or reduced drinks

Not sure what page you are looking at but the Princess Captains Circle benefits at each level can be found here

I recently reached ELITE benefits. I read the princess website and reviewed the benefits but I am confused. Do they offer a free cocktail hour? I see they set up a mini bar is the entire cabin mini bar free?

Thanks for your help

Includes all Platinum Member benefits plus:

PREFERRED SERVICES PACKAGE

Priority Ship to Shore Tender Embarkation

As a well-traveled guest with Princess, you have the opportunity to travel ashore quickly and without waiting in line in our tender ports. Simply present your Elite cruise card directly at the tender embarkation area. You will then join any remaining passengers and board the tender as soon as it is clear to embark, and will not need to wait with other passengers in the lounge area.

Priority Disembarkation

If you have independent onward travel you may contact the Circle Host towards the end of your voyage to state your request to disembark with your preferred disembarkation group. If you'd like to linger onboard longer, we'll be more than happy to give you a later disembarkation group. If you'd like to be one of the first groups to disembark, we'll gladly accommodate - the choice is yours!

Shoe Polishing Service

Your shoes will be polished upon request - this service is complimentary.

Complimentary Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services***

Upon request, your stateroom steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle!

ELITE STATEROOM AMENITIES PACKAGE

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**

Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up consisting of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once onboard you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed.

Deluxe Canapes Selection

Upon request you will receive a complimentary selection of deluxe canapés specially created by the Chef, delivered to your stateroom on formal nights (one order per Elite stateroom, each formal night). This benefit can be ordered by completing the card provided in your stateroom and hanging it outside your stateroom door by 10:00pm the night prior to the formal nights.

Afternoon Tea

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least six hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests.

PREFERRED DISCOUNT PACKAGE

10% Boutique Discount

Our Boutiques are second to none for choice and gift selection. Now, as an Elite Member, take advantage of a 10% discount storewide to buy those extra gifts for all your family back home! Your Cruise Card is your key to this wonderful benefit - simply show it when you make any purchase, and our Boutique Staff will automatically deduct 10% from your purchase price.

Complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting

Our Grapevine Wine Tasting Event is popular and many of our Members attend, so we have made arrangements to pick up the cover charge for you!

*Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

**For passengers 21 and over, complimentary mini-bar set-up is one time only, per stateroom. Complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting is one per cruise, per Elite Member.

***Excludes same-day service

Plus, the following Platinum Member Benefits:

Includes all Ruby Member benefits plus:

Complimentary Cruise Atlas^

Every year you will automatically receive a copy of our Princess Cruise Atlas. It includes details on all itineraries and sailings for that year, making it easy for you to plan ahead.

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. You, along with your family or guests that are traveling with you in the same stateroom will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Disembarkation Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum Members to use the Platinum Disembarkation Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Complimentary Internet Credit#

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

There is an Platinum/Elite/full suite lounge nightly that offers a special appetizer item and a discounted drink special. There is no free happy hour.

The mini-bar setup is for Elites, not Platinum level.

Besides the nightly lounge, the main benefits are preferred boarding and free Internet minutes for Platinum.

You may want to re-review the benefits specific to Platinum on the Princess website.

Okay I made a mistake I am Elite, so Princess does have a nightly lounge with reduced drinks? Do you know the hours?

Also how does the mini bar work

Not sure what page you are looking at but the Princess Captains Circle benefits at each level can be found here

Thanks I read these but I am confused about the mini bar, can I get wine instead? How much alcohol is in the bar?

Also it seems as if there is a lounge for elite members with free drinks Have you experienced this

I think you are looking at the perks for Elite. Laundry and a mini-bar setup are not perks for Platinum.

There is a cocktail lounge each evening for Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers, however, drinks are not free.

So I am Elite

Do they do your wash daily? How about dry cleaning

What hours are the cocktail lounge

Are the drinks reasonable

Platinum Disembarkation Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum Members to use the Platinum Disembarkation Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation

maybe it's just my mood today, but I love this one! You can enjoy "refreshments and peace..." Must mean that everyone else is hungry and in pandemonium!!!! :eek:

Thanks I read these but I am confused about the mini bar, can I get wine instead? How much alcohol is in the bar?

Also it seems as if there is a lounge for elite members with free drinks Have you experienced this

Here is what I found on CC. You only get one mini bar setup per cabin not per Elite passenger in cabin.

The mini-bar set-up consists of the following items (subject to change and availability):

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Whiskey - Canadian Club

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis XX (Toohey's New will replace Dos Equis XX on Dawn Princess and Sun Princess)

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- 2 Small Waters

- 2 Perriers

You can also exchange the complete mini bar setup for two coffee cards. Yes you can exchange your complete mini bar setup for one smaller bottle of wine.

When you arrive in your stateroom there will be a card with the location and what is offered every night that they have the pre dinner lounge . Drinks are around $5.00 but since I don't drink I'm just going from memory.

They do have laundry but not a dry cleaning any more. They call it something else. Don't expect it back next day. Also depends on number of Elites on board. Not sure why you would want it done every day.

So I am Elite

Do they do your wash daily? How about dry cleaning

What hours are the cocktail lounge

Are the drinks reasonable

Wash is done daily. It is normally returned the late the day after it is turned in. You can pay to have same day service.

No dry cleaning.

The Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge is from 5 to 7 each evening. You will get a card listing the time and place, the appetizer of the day and the drink special. I think it is one drink each evening that is $5. All other drinks are at normal prices.

Elites qualify for amino-bar set-up in their stateroom

The elite/platinum lounge is a nightly function For elites and platinums held in a certain venue between the hours of 5-7 every night. In the lounge you will find hors d'oeurves and you will also be entitled to free sodas or reduced-price cocktails. Not sure if only the featured drink is at a reduced price or all alcoholic drinks, But there was no charge for my Soda in August.

The Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge is from 5 to 7 each evening.

On the second leg of our Ruby B2B (that ended on November 8) the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge had hours from 5 to 7:30. I didn't notice whether that was true on the first leg.

On the second leg of our Ruby B2B (that ended on November 8) the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge had hours from 5 to 7:30. I didn't notice whether that was true on the first leg.

The published hours were 500 to 700 for the first leg but I don't know if they observed that or not because we were gone before 700.

One thing I found strange was I could order ANY cocktail during that period for $5 when in February on the Ruby we were only able to get the featured drink for $5.

Mike:)

One thing I found strange was I could order ANY cocktail during that period for $5 when in February on the Ruby we were only able to get the featured drink for $5.

We noticed that too - especially since I order the el mejor margarita almost exclusively :D.

Hmm, on our B2B on the Ruby in March we could get any of the special drinks on any day for $5. On our October B2B on the Golden we were told only the featured drink of the day would be $5. I now wonder if it depends on which server or bartender that you deal with that makes the difference. :confused:

My friend and I are both Platinum. We did receive a voucher for a free drink to be used at any bar at any time during the cruise. We were just on the Golden. I enjoyed my free Pina Colada at the aft pool while we were docked in Ensenada.:):):) I believe this is in lieu of the free drinks that used to be at the Captain's Cocktail party.