Stadium Lido vs. Dream Class Lido.....

KPfromCT

Which do you prefer?

We've done the Breeze for the past two years, and LOVED her Lido.

This year, we're looking at the Liberty out of San Juan.....

When I read reviews, of her and her sister ships, I am just NOT a fan of the stadium type seating.

Big deal, or No?

Do you like it?

It doesn't bother me at all. I think there's more good spots where you can see all the action with the stadium seating. I'm confused as to why you wouldn't like it?

It just seems so "broken up".

On the Breeze, all the chairs are fanned out on one level.

I don't know.

I DO know it won't be a determining factor in us booking a cruise.

Just curious to see what people think of one vs the other.

I never put much thought into it before. I liked the idea on the Breeze where you can sit in an upper deck surrounding the lido in a comfy chair covered from the sun but still be outside and hear and see the action if you would like.

I have cruised on 4 Conquest class that has the stadium seating , and all 3 Dream class ships , I like the Dream class better , fewer stairs to climb , and The Dream class does not have all the raillings to walk around , and try to look over or under when seated . Just a more relaxed feel to The Dream class

I do not prefer the tiered Lido. I don't know why. I just don't.

Me either!:D And I've never cruised with it.

I just don't like the looks of it.

Makes everything look so "choppy".

But we can't cruise on the Breeze forever. Or, can we?:rolleyes:

I like the stadium seating on the main area of the Lido Deck. I think that on a crowded sea day it is actually easier to maneuver since you can use the "walkways".

I do like the shaded and comfy areas on the upper deck on the Dream. You do not have this on the Conquest Class. There are not as many decks

Personally, I think that the Aft area of the Lido deck on the Breeze and on the Spirit Class (which is now there Serenity Deck) is far better then on the Conquest Class ships.

Each class has some pros and cons. I don't think you would be disappointed with the Liberty! I have sailed her 3 times and although I am really wanting to sail on the Breeze again I would sail the Liberty in a heartbeat :)

I greatly prefer the Dream class ships to Conquest/Triumph. However, I greatly prefer the stadium style lido. For me, that is a big plus for Conquest/Triumph class. Dream class has a big edge with the shaded deck above lido, the much better aft pool area, & the far superior waterslides, and the better promenade. But the stadium style lido is where I feel that Conquest/Triumph class has the big edge. I always thought it looked better visually as well. Most definitely better as far as function goes, in my opinion.

Edited by k2excursion

It just seems so "broken up".

On the Breeze, all the chairs are fanned out on one level.

I don't know.

I DO know it won't be a determining factor in us booking a cruise.

Just curious to see what people think of one vs the other.

To be honest, I like the new way better than than to older stadium style of the Conquest class. If I could replicate the additional pool it would be a sure fire win.

I don't necessarily mind the stadium seating, but I prefer the dream class. I hate the Conquest class because if you're laying on one side of the pool you're staring at the side of a hot tub and can't see to the other side. It also blocks the view of the poolside activities on sea days unless you're laying in the front