Affordable hotel options in Fort Lauderdale

Riemercruisin

I always look on this forum for guidance for hotels before or after our cruise.

Unfortunately I usually see input from locals advising the higher end properties. I don't feel comfortable at a high end hotel with valet parking, posh people and spa/resort options.

What are some solid options in Fort Lauderdale for the fall (October) that's not at the beach but clean and fresh (preferably new)? Chain hotels with free breakfast and free parking that aren't dumps (No Rodeway Inn, Ramada nor LaQuintas).

I look on TripAdvisor but there are just too much to choose from, so I'm looking for experienced cruisers who have stayed at a great property without breaking the bank.

Yes, that's been advised too. I was actually looking for tips from folks who have already stayed at a good place.

Springhill Suites, Dania Beach has been a good choice for us in the past.

I've stayed at the Hyatt Place on 17th street as well. Good location, good condition, close to the port, and adjacent to a fairly new shopping village with several restaurants to choose from. Breakfast is also included.

It's truly none of my business why you don't feel comfortable at a higher end hotel, but I do want to share our experience. For our last cruise we were planning on staying at a Hampton Inn near the airport. We wanted to keep it simple at a chain hotel that we are familiar with and trust, and that's normally modestly priced . But then we realized that we could stay at the W Resort right on Ft. Lauderdale Beach for $25 more than what the Hampton Inn was charging. So we told ourselves "why not" and changed our reservation to the W.

Long story short, it was absolutely fantastic, and easily one of the highlights of our vacation, even before we set foot on the ship. Fantastic room with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, in an awesome, modern property located on a great stretch of beach. We didn't really care for the resort amenities, we didn't eat at the property restaurants, and having a bellboy, valet attendant, and room attendant frequently ensuring that all of our needs were met is not something high in our priority list on pre-cruise stays, but it was such a nice start to our vacation to be pampered the way we were for not much more than a Hampton Inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hyatt Place 17th St,

embassy Suites are good and also reasonably priced for Oct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither of these properties are new, but they are both solid options in good locations.

Roz

I would second Spring Hill Suites in Dania Beach. On our cruise 2 years ago we stayed at the Red Carpet Inn on the night before the cruise and it was a little terrifying. We had the same hotel booked for 1 night post cruise as well and cancelled it immediately! Jumped on Cruise Critic and used very trustworthy Bob's suggestion for Spring Hill Suites as an alternative.

[quote name=Tapi;53349858. But then we realized that we could stay at the W Resort right on Ft. Lauderdale Beach for $25 more than what the Hampton Inn was charging. So we told ourselves "why not" and changed our reservation to the W.

Long story short' date=' it was absolutely fantastic, and easily one of the highlights of our vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote]

Now you made me go look, Hahaha. Unfortunately the W resort is close to $300 for my dates.:loudcry:

Plunge Beach Hotel is a brand new hotel in Lauderdale by the Sea:

http://www.plungebeachhotel.com/

Rates for October range from $87/night to $127/night. There is a $25 resort fee, but it includes a lot: beach chairs, umbrella, WiFi, bicycles, pool/beach towels, fitness center, and valet parking.

Thank you. But we don't want to stay at the beach and that resort fee includes everything we will not be using, except wifi.

If you have no car, I'd recommend the Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites ( on busy 17th St.) or check out Doubletree Bahia Mar, which is across the street from the beach (our choice for location).

Join Hilton Honors for a discounted rate for Bahia Mar and the Embassy Suites. Not sure what you consider "affordable" tho.

Those three will have you in walking distance or nearby to everything for your post cruise stay. And they will be more moderate compared to others, especially in the fall.

Springhill Suites is good too. BUT with no car you are going to need uber or a car to get into Ft. L.

Those three will have you in walking distance or nearby to everything for your post cruise stay. And they will be more moderate compared to others, especially in the fall.

Springhill Suites is good too. BUT with no car you are going to need uber or a car to get into Ft. L.

Thanks for your input. We will have a car. That's why the hotels with high valet parking fees are a no-no.

I will check out the hotels you've all recommended. Thank you.

Hyatt is offering a deal on Travelzoo to members.

It is worth it to sign up. Though Travelzoo, we stayed at

the Westin Beach Resort in March at 149.00

Here is a link to some pricing on the Hyatt,

Do check out the link that says check dates for th full month of October.

https://www.travelzoo.com/hotel-booking/4134/?marketType=2&searchGuid=54a48942-3622-44aa-b6f1-af6ca4cf3ee5

Thanks for your input. We will have a car. That's why the hotels with high valet parking fees are a no-no.

Hyatt Place is $7.00 per night for parking.

We have also stayed at Cambria Suites. No free breakfast, but there is a mini fridge in the room. We went to the grocery store the night before and got some bagels and fruit for the morning before we set sail. Easy peasy.

OK then. With a car, you can use the chains in the Dania area and zip around easy enough. Springhill Suites are nice properties. And you'll park for free while you stay.

I'm back!!! Last question, I promise.

I got a good deal at the Comfort Suites in Dania Beach - fairly new, large suites, parking & breakfast included.

For a couple of dollars more I can get Hyatt Regency Pier 66 (no breakfast, valet parking, but better location).

This is for a tower room, which according to TripAdvisor are better rooms.

What should we do????

I'm back!!! Last question, I promise.

I got a good deal at the Comfort Suites in Dania Beach - fairly new, large suites, parking & breakfast included.

For a couple of dollars more I can get Hyatt Regency Pier 66 (no breakfast, valet parking, but better location).

This is for a tower room, which according to TripAdvisor are better rooms.

What should we do????

What option works best for you ?

only you can make the decision