No alarm clocks?

dreday3

I read there are no clocks in the room. Am I correct to assume you can set a wake up call? I've been known to sleep thru my cell phone alarm. :p

Yes, the stateroom phone has an automated process to set a wake-up call.

I read there are no clocks in the room. Am I correct to assume you can set a wake up call? I've been known to sleep thru my cell phone alarm. :p

The last 3 cruises I have taken along one of my LCD alarm clocks from home. A nice touch from home, and no need to learn any of the particulars of the ship alarm clock if they have one.

Your stateroom TV has a clock channel -- just an analog clock, black screen, white dial. We usually turn it on at night, and it acts as a perfect nightlight. You can adjust the brightness up or down.
:confused::confused: What ship, I have never seen this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsPete View Post

Your stateroom TV has a clock channel -- just an analog clock, black screen, white dial. We usually turn it on at night, and it acts as a perfect nightlight. You can adjust the brightness up or down.

Wow, after all these years, I did not know that. Thanks. Do all ships have them?

Are they only on the newer ships?

I would think they could put that " TV Channel " on all ships.

I just hope it is a Royal thing, and not a Holland or Celebrity !

:D

Set the alarm on your cell phone to the most annoying ringtone or song you can think of. Max out the volume, put it just out of reach from the bed, and set several alarms spaced at maybe 2 minute intervals. If an outside or balcony cabin, leave the curtains slightly or wide open. :D

If iPhone are used as alarm clocks, it's best to put them in airplane mode, else the time might change to something other than ship time. If airplane mode must stay off, then be sure to put the clock into manual setting mode.

We use Room Service for our wake up call, and it works very well.:D We just put the hang tag on our door each night, with an order of coffee for 2, and you can specify a time span. (like 6:30-7:00 or 7:00-7:30 or 7:30-8:00) They call you on the phone to let you know they're bringing your tray, which is great! You get the call, you have time for a quick trip to the bathroom and to throw on a robe, then you hear the knock on the door. Viola…coffee is here.

Our experience has been very consistent. We do this every day (except…sob:(…the last day…when you need that coffee the most:() and the majority of the time we get the phone call at the beginning of the time span. (like you specified 7:00 to 7:30 and the phone rings at 7:04) It's a great routine…Buz answers the phone…he gets up and prepares for the delivery...I stay in bed…coffee is delivered…I stay in bed…then I can smell the coffee and I get up.;) We have some coffee, then go to breakfast somewhere. Works for us very well!:)

Judy

Set the alarm on your cell phone to the most annoying ringtone or song you can think of.

I've used the Smurf theme song' date=' Power Rangers theme song, and something called

which is actually a foreign language profanity (and a very annoying tune to wake up to). :eek:

All compel me to get out of bed and TURN THAT CRAP OFF immediately... and I am NOT a morning person! :cool: