Submarine in Port Everglades 19/1

Extra Kim

I remember back in 2001 on the Tropicale, going up to the buffet for breakfast before we disembarked and looked over and up at the USS Eishenhower aircraft carrier docked across the dock from us (we were at 22 they were at 25). Wish our camera wasn't packed already.

My husband worked on subs for 30 years....he thinks that might be a boomer....with missles...am sure there will be a person or 2 who will know for sure....there are 2 navy shipyards in our neck of the woods so there are often sightings....still a thrill to realize what you are looking at...

there are always subs off the coast of South Florida - they come into Port Everglades to fuel. You don't often see them so you were lucky to get the sighting.

Marianne

Perhaps to resupply or just give some liberty to the crew. All of our subs are nuclear powered and do not refuel in civilian ports.

Hank

Do not think they would be on a list that could be seen by casual observers.....my husband was a "nuke" for many years....wrote courses to train others to keep everything up and running....I made him retire before he started to glow in the dark...:D