Concierge benefits?

pzbz

Sorry, Pinnacle/Diamond Plus/diamond lounges in RCI terminology, Concierge lounge on Celebrity.

There is no Concierge lounge on Celebrity. There is a special lounge for some suite passengers, but not for CC.

There is a desk where the Captain's Club host or hostess hangs out and I think across the hall on the same side the Concierge has their desk. But no lounge

I guess I've been imagining the lounge I and many others go in every evening (except embarkation and officer party evening) between 4:45-8ish.

That is just a bar area for Elites and other Captain Cub member who get this perk from 5-7 happy hour time. It is also just a regular bar too.

When there are lots of folks who get this perks, you get a voucher instead. But there is no designated bar or lounge just for the evening cocktail party.

Remember Royal and Celebrity are two different lines even though the loyalty programs are honored and perks offered on both.

I guess I've been imagining the lounge I and many others go in every evening (except embarkation and officer party evening) between 4:45-8ish.

Whoever said "On Celebrity there is no Concierge Lounge" is correct. I think what you are referring to is the lounge that is available to Captain's Club Elite Members and above. It is usually in the Sky Lounge of some ships between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. each night except embarkation and officer party evening. Sometimes if there are a lot of elite and above members on board a particular cruise, they give you drink vouchers instead of gathering at the Sky Lounge, which are good at any bar on the ship. Michael's Club is a lounge open to only suite guests I believe.

Breakfast menu is pretty much the same as in the other cabins now. The only difference is they include some capuchino's and smoothies. Often the line to get on the ship is shorter in other areas. Most of the CC benefits are fluff or available to everyone on the ship.

We are used to Princess, where we can write in anything we want for breakfast on the balcony. Is this not the case on Celebrity???

That is just a bar area for Elites and other Captain Cub member who get this perk from 5-7 happy hour time. It is also just a regular bar too.

When there are lots of folks who get this perks, you get a voucher instead. But there is no designated bar or lounge just for the evening cocktail party.

Remember Royal and Celebrity are two different lines even though the loyalty programs are honored and perks offered on both.

I am kinda familiar with lounges as I am Diamond Plus on one and Elite Plus on the other. I NEVER throw that out but I think in this case it's warranted. As for the vouchers, you receive three a day, with exceptions, that are available to use in designated bars only during the hours of the Captains Club/Concierge lounge opening. I sometimes travel with people who haven't travelled quite as much and don't have access to the lounge which is when the vouchers come in handy for me. The lounge is certainly designated, at least it has been on all the Celebrity ships I have been on and there is usually a sign that says something along the lines of "Captain's Club Event, Private Function", or something like that. It's really an enjoyable time as you inevitably end up meeting people you have met on previous cruises. In fact exactly one year following our honeymoon, we met the same couple on the Eclipse sitting in the same area as we originally met on the Millennium.

I am kinda familiar with lounges as I am Diamond Plus on one and Elite Plus on the other. I NEVER throw that out but I think in this case it's warranted. As for the vouchers, you receive three a day, with exceptions, that are available to use in designated bars only during the hours of the Captains Club/Concierge lounge opening. I sometimes travel with people who haven't travelled quite as much and don't have access to the lounge which is when the vouchers come in handy for me. The lounge is certainly designated, at least it has been on all the Celebrity ships I have been on and there is usually a sign that says something along the lines of "Captain's Club Event, Private Function", or something like that. It's really an enjoyable time as you inevitably end up meeting people you have met on previous cruises. In fact exactly one year following our honeymoon, we met the same couple on the Eclipse sitting in the same area as we originally met on the Millennium.

Okay, so we're talking about the same thing, it's just a question of terminology. The captains club nightly event doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you are in a concierge cabin, it's strictly for Elites and above. The reason I mention this is that we don't want new cruisers to be confused thinking that there is a specific lounge for concierge class passengers. There definitely is not.

Celebrity is a marketing marvel. Concierge cabins have a few perks which may or may not make your trip better. A bottle of sparkling wine,thicker towels, canapes, shower gel, flowers,fruit, footstools, heavy bathrobes, more room service breakfast items. I have sailed in many types of cabins. Regular cabins are very nice. They have thick towels. You can get canapes and fruit from room service. Room service requests and cabin steward requests are received well. For me, since I am elite plus and do not anticipate ever reaching Zenith level, the extra points are not an incentive. What Celebrity has created is a level of exclusivity. I am amazed at how many people will spend extra to be in a concierge cabin. Often concierge cabins are not in good locations.

Okay, so we're talking about the same thing, it's just a question of terminology. The captains club nightly event doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you are in a concierge cabin, it's strictly for Elites and above. The reason I mention this is that we don't want new cruisers to be confused thinking that there is a specific lounge for concierge class passengers. There definitely is not.

This. I agree using phrases such as 'concierge lounge' on a thread about cc benefits could be confusing to newbies to say the least!!!

It appears it's just a matter of semantics. Yes, there is a bar that Elite and above Captain's Club members go to. It used to be Michaels Club, now it's the Sky Lounge. But, let me repeat this, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Concierge Class category of room that the OP is discussing in this thread. Also as I stated before, there is no Concierge Lounge on Celebrity ships.

Of course there is a Concierge Lounge on Royal for Diamond + and above, & those in Suites. Different deal all together.

Edited by ORV

You are absolutely correct. I sincerely apologise for the terminology and I did not intend to confuse people but I do see how I could have. Happy cruising everyone.

You guys just keep trash talking about Concierge Cabins:). May help to stop people booking them and keep the prices lower lol. I get really annoyed when AQ is priced less than CC which happens a lot. In that event, I sometimes just book a reg cabin because Blu is not worth an up charge to us and most AQ locations are in iffy locations

It appears it's just a matter of semantics. Yes, there is a bar that Elite and above Captain's Club members go to. It used to be Michaels Club, now it's the Sky Lounge. But, let me repeat this, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Concierge Class category of room that the OP is discussing in this thread. Also as I stated before, there is no Concierge Lounge on Celebrity ships.

Of course there is a Concierge Lounge on Royal for Diamond + and above, & those in Suites. Different deal all together.

Thanks Orv for getting the topic back on track.[emoji3]

No more flowers in Concierge Class. We saw the welcome return of turndown Chocolates. We liked the bubbily, but our dinner table mates said it was horrible and never opened it. For those not in the know, our cabin steward saw us fumbling with the things in the minibar, and cleared it so we could put our bubbily inside.

Canapes are ordered by 11:00 am each day. Fresh fruit was automatic, but I gave the steward my preference on the first day.

It was interesting, because we did a B2B on a Princess Mini-Suite and Concierge Class. The mini-suite was much larger, but had only soap and and a tube of lotion, in addition to the mystery body wash and shampoo in the shower. Fruit was ordered, and they had a much more limited breakfast room service menu. The only hot item on the Princess menu was their version of an Egg McMuffin. But princess did honor write-in items. Concierge class had many options, but never honored our write-in requests. Toiletries were much better in Concierge Class!

We had a horrible balcony. On one side, it was so narrow, that the chair wouldn't face outward! The next cruise consultant stuck us with the balcony when we booked onboard our last cruise, and also misrepresented the square footage by 15 feet. They really need a second monitor in the cruise sales office, so we can also study the deck plans.

Room service is wonderful on those scenic cruising days. We had room service deliver at 6 AM on Tracy Arm Fjord Day and enjoyed the beautiful scenery in the golden light.

Edited by knittinggirl

No more flowers in Concierge Class. We saw the welcome return of turndown Chocolates. We liked the bubbily, but our dinner table mates said it was horrible and never opened it. For those not in the know, our cabin steward saw us fumbling with the things in the minibar, and cleared it so we could put our bubbily inside.

Canapes are ordered by 11:00 am each day. Fresh fruit was automatic, but I gave the steward my preference on the first day.

It was interesting, because we did a B2B on a Princess Mini-Suite and Concierge Class. The mini-suite was much larger, but had only soap and and a tube of lotion, in addition to the mystery body wash and shampoo in the shower. Fruit was ordered, and they had a much more limited breakfast room service menu. The only hot item on the Princess menu was their version of an Egg McMuffin. But princess did honor write-in items. Concierge class had many options, but never honored our write-in requests. Toiletries were much better in Concierge Class!

We had a horrible balcony. On one side, it was so narrow, that the chair wouldn't face outward! The next cruise consultant stuck us with the balcony when we booked onboard our last cruise, and also misrepresented the square footage by 15 feet. They really need a second monitor in the cruise sales office, so we can also study the deck plans.

Room service is wonderful on those scenic cruising days. We had room service deliver at 6 AM on Tracy Arm Fjord Day and enjoyed the beautiful scenery in the golden light.

Was this small balcony on celebrity? I've never heard anyone mentioning anything like that before

The extras don't mean much. The only ones I appreciated were the extra points and the footstools on the balcony. The canapes were stale and useless, didn't even notice the other amenities/upgrades.

I would never pay much extra; we paid $50 pp extra, but also got $100 extra OBC. Otherwise I wouldn't have booked CC.

The extras don't mean much. The only ones I appreciated were the extra points and the footstools on the balcony. The canapes were stale and useless, didn't even notice the other amenities/upgrades.

I would never pay much extra; we paid $50 pp extra, but also got $100 extra OBC. Otherwise I wouldn't have booked CC.

My wife and I recently returned from Alaska on the Millennium. We had a C2 cabin. Were the "perks" worth the extra money ? ABSOLUTELY NOT !:mad: Was the location worth the extra money? YES ! :cool: Cost depends on what is important to you and yours.:)

My wife and I recently returned from Alaska on the Millennium. We had a C2 cabin. Were the "perks" worth the extra money ? ABSOLUTELY NOT !:mad: Was the location worth the extra money? YES ! :cool: Cost depends on what is important to you and yours.:)

What location did you have?

The past several Celebrity cruises, we've had C3 cabins. I agree with many of the posters that the little foot stool on the balcony doesn't seem like much, but it really does make a difference when sitting on the balcony. The one concierge benefit I haven't seen mentioned is the, "Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences." I love a body pillow. When you ask for this in the concierge cabin, they bring in this huge pillow. It must be five feet long and looks like they've literally stuffed a body into it. I love it and get it every time!!!

John

We typically book a CC cabin ( usually not much more than a regular balcony) as we do enjoy the extra perks and the 123 go incentives. That being said, on our upcoming Caribbean cruise on the Equinox ( next March) I just saw that the price of a Cc cabin is more than twice that of a balcony cabin ( 1600. vs 3300). I can't imagine anyone booking a CC cabin at that cost difference ( ours was closer to the balcony price when we booked). Not sure what Celebrity is thinking!

Was this small balcony on celebrity? I've never heard anyone mentioning anything like that before

Small balcony on Celebrity Infinity. It was 8108. It was noted at Cruisedeckplans as having a small irregular balcony, but I didn't see that on the deck plans at Celebrity.com. Celebrity.com has some of the worse deck plans I've seen. I can't zoom them.

Both rooms on either side of the celebrity suites were noted as having irregular balconies, but nothing I could see at celebrity.com.

Edited by knittinggirl

Small balcony on Celebrity Infinity. It was 8108. It was noted at Cruisedeckplans as having a small irregular balcony, but I didn't see that on the deck plans at Celebrity.com. Celebrity.com has some of the worse deck plans I've seen. I can't zoom them.

Both rooms on either side of the celebrity suites were noted as having irregular balconies, but nothing I could see at celebrity.com.

Has it here http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-infinity#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-infinity/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-in-cc