Which Itinerary should we pick??

JABrown104

We are trying to pick a cruise for our anniversary next year and would love some feedback. Both cruises will be out of NOLA, both on the dream, price is only a $10 difference.

Cozumel, Mexico; Belize; Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

OR

Montego Bay, Jamaica;Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico

Ive promised hubby some form of historical excursion, and I want to go to a beach, and relax, and snorkel.

Ive cruised once, so ive been to Cozumel and Belize. But im happy to go back.

Edited by JABrown104

We have done both itineraries, but enjoyed the first one more. Since we enjoy Mayan ruins, we visited Tulum in Cozumel and Lamanai in Belize. Both were booked through the cruise line and well worth it, in my opinion.

Maybe seeing pictures will help you decide. I'll insert links below. My wife takes pictures for her website and makes the into slide shows.

Mayan Ruins of Tulum (Cozumel)Shore Excursion

Lamanai Mayan Ruins (Belize) Shore Excursion

Happy anniversary and have a wonderful cruise1

We'd do the first one, because we've only been to Belize and Roatan once, (Cozumel several times), while we've been on the islands of the second itinerary many times.

But we enjoy both and always find something new to do. If your husband is looking for Mayan ruins, the first would be best. They all have beaches--although it's harder to access them in Belize.

I don't like Jamaica but based on what you said I would go with the second itinerary. Cozumel will provide the opportunity for viewing of the ruins and several ports including Cayman Islands are good choices for beaches.

Keith

Have you considered looking at excursions available on both trips and choosing the one with the best excursions from your point of view? It is really impossible for anyone to choose for you since only you know what you truly prefer. Also suggest you look at things like ship size and time in port.

The beach at any of these will be fine for your beach day and snorkeling is similar to expect Belize you have the opportunity to snorkel on an atoll which is beautiful and a different snorkel experience. But, since your husband wants a historical stop he should look at the port's historical options and see which appeals most to him.

I've been to all places and personally would have a tough time choosing since I prefer snorkeling in Belize, but really didn't care for Isla Roatan because where the ship goes appears to be a cruise ship made town with nothing local about it. Jamaica is always fun and I didn't snorkel in the Caymans, but heard it was good snorkeling, Cozumel we always hire a Jeep with driver for the day to go where we want on our schedule so we have a blast. You can't really go wrong with these cruises. Do some research and enjoy whichever you choose

Edited by Wayfairers

I would do a beach day in Cozumel.

The ruins there are not impressive compared to other sites.

If you go to Chankanaab, there are replicas of antiquities from all over Mexico and a reproduction of a Mayan homestead.

Plus it has a beach and palapas and hammocks.

Tulum is beautiful, but you have to take the ferry and all that time consuming stuff.

What about a back to back on Triumph?

Edited by mzloolue