Suite Perks, Freedom class

Can someone point me in the direction, or post a list, of the perks included in Suites for Freedom Class boats? Either a grand suite or owners suite? Specifically we will be sailing on Freedom. I cant seem to find a current listing, and I know there have been some changes in the past year but Im not sure if those apply to all boats or just Oasis and Quantum class. Thanks Much in advance!

Honestly, the perks are nothing special. The one perk I did like was being able to have breakfast in Chops. I don't mind the Windjammer, but, I do hate the crowds. Beyond that, Bob sent you a link to the list...there may be some on there that are appealing to you.

For us the biggest perk of the suite is the room itself. We aren't really room dwellers but I still like the space to spread out on a week long cruise. We sailed Oasis suite class and the best part was Coastal Kitchen...totally worth the extra money. Sailing Freedom of the Seas in December in a grand suite. For us the best perks are priority show tickets/seating and VIP pool area. We always think we will dine in our room since we have special menus but we never do!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did Liberty last year and also will do it in a few days, we like the perks , but VIP pool is pretty bad not close to pool , much better on Voyager class. Breakfast in specialty is really nice, also lunch on sea days and seating for all lunch's. Concirge walks you off ship and disembarkation and also priority for tenders. VIP seating for shows, including Ice show which can be crowded

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are sailing Freedom of the Seas and this is our first time on RCCL. We have been on NCL and Holland in suites and these appear similar, but I have a few questions about the perks.

• Does anyone know how the VIP Pool or show seating works? For example, I am going with my husband but friends are going as well. DH will not go to the pool, so can my friend accompany me to the pool? Are they strict on the actual suite guest being the one to attend or can a friend be a substitute?
  • Which specific restaurants are free for breakfast and lunch for suite guests? Chops?
  • Is room service still free for all meals? I saw the new delivery fee and was unsure.

Thanks!

Sailed on Liberty last month in grand suite the suite lounge is great a lot of room and bar service 430 to 800 every night, priorty embark and disembark and tender was also nice. The full menu for room service without a charge is also good.

Pool seating has changed on Liberty for suite/gold card it is now on tiered seats close to pool like it is on Voyager class, very nice improvement, they are just checking for gold card for pool seating and they do check, for a small negative looks like RCCL is moving breakfast from chops to Giovanni's , miss the small buffet that had pasties and fruit, they still will walk around to offer pastries. Lunch is just served on sea days and they ended that early at 1pm, pretty sure it used to be later.

We did Liberty last year and also will do it in a few days, we like the perks , but VIP pool is pretty bad not close to pool , much better on Voyager class.

At one time Liberty's VIP pool was the tiered seating. It was pretty disappointing when they changed it.

As noted above Liberty now has the gold card seating at the tiered area on the pool deck. Very nice now. Only gold card holders are allowed in that area as well as in the theater and ice rink. However, 10 minites before the shows, that seating will be opened to others. So your friends might get lucky and be able to sit near you at that time.

Hi,

Does anyone know how the VIP Pool or show seating works? For example, I am going with my husband but friends are going as well. DH will not go to the pool, so can my friend accompany me to the pool? Are they strict on the actual suite guest being the one to attend or can a friend be a substitute?

I don't think I saw this answered completely. My experience has been that they don't care who is holding the card, just as long as they have one. We have substituted guests for the tours as well, and the do check the identities for the bridge tour. Again, they seem willing to allow substitutes.

Enjoy your cruise.

I don't think I saw this answered completely. My experience has been that they don't care who is holding the card, just as long as they have one. We have substituted guests for the tours as well, and the do check the identities for the bridge tour. Again, they seem willing to allow substitutes.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree, I keep all my cards and I am sure gold card from last year would work, have cards going back to 80's, although they have only been gold for last few years

Honestly, the perks are nothing special. The one perk I did like was being able to have breakfast in Chops. I don't mind the Windjammer, but, I do hate the crowds. Beyond that, Bob sent you a link to the list...there may be some on there that are appealing to you.

I agree, was good to avoid the crowds at breakfast. We also had a special brunch invite at Chops which I really enjoyed.

A small moan though ... breakfast in Chops is cooked to order but on the sailing we were on, the quality disappointed. Of course this will very much depend on the sailing and staff on duty but do wish RCCL put more effort to deliver on meeting expectations.

Perks I enjoyed on Freedom class (IOS) :

Special invites to events like brunch at Chops.

Behind the scenes tour.

Reserved seating area. Particular helpful at the ice show where it was very crowded.

The concierge lounge is good both for free drinks / snacks as well as the concierge helping out on bookings etc. but as a diamond member, prefer the Diamond lounge on the Freedom class.

On reflection, I would not pay a premium for a suite for future cruises on this class of ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! I didn't see an answer either!

Do you know if any wifi/Voom is offered for suite guests?

Suites on Freedom class do not get free WiFi.

Thanks, Bob! You are the go to guy! I always see your helpful answers on these threads! This our first time on RCCL and I feel like I have never ending questions! :D

Suites on Freedom class do not get free WiFi.

Bob is right, but, this is bogus and it's one of the things that really bugs me about RCI The suite perks are very inconsistent across the fleet. What you get on one ship, you may not get on another. Some of them make sense to me. Coastal Kitchen for example, you can't offer a dining experience where the venue doesn't exist. The wifi is another story. They could do this fleet wide. There's not reason not to.

Anyway, Bob is right. ;-)

Agree would love more perks to be on all ships, understand about Coastal Kitchen but they could easily have decent reserved pool seating on all the ships but just choose not to. I think suites now have a private place for all meals on Celebrity? Going on Summit next year which is a older ship and they have one

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

HI there

just curious how you like the suite on the Freedom..we are going in November.. Im wondering what perks you liked on the Freedom for having a suite. TIA for your input!! Sharon

For us the biggest perk of the suite is the room itself. We aren't really room dwellers but I still like the space to spread out on a week long cruise. We sailed Oasis suite class and the best part was Coastal Kitchen...totally worth the extra money. Sailing Freedom of the Seas in December in a grand suite. For us the best perks are priority show tickets/seating and VIP pool area. We always think we will dine in our room since we have special menus but we never do!

Sent from my iPad using Forums