What's the weather like?

kaylaw25

What can I expect for the weather in Cozumel in January?

When we did our cruise from Tampa in 2012 (the first week of February, so close to your question) it was in the mid-80's in Cozumel. We did an AI beach day and had loads of fun.

Definitely beach weather

It is usually beach weather - however, if a cold front or vortex dips low, as it did for one of my frequent trips to Coz in January, it can be an effort to get into chilly water. On this one cruise, pax were wearing jackets during the Miami sailaway as temps were in the 40's, and it almost hit 70 in Coz with a cool breeze.

I did remind myself that it was still 65 degrees warmer in Coz than back home in NY.

Thanks to everyone else who replied without being a jack@$$. I went back in April and it was extremely hot. I was just curious if there was an obvious change in the climate. I don't like cold water so I'll make sure to avoid it if its too cool.

What can I expect for the weather in Cozumel in January?

We've been there twice in January, once it was a little overcast in the morning and then cleared up, the other time it poured buckets of rain in the morning and then cleared up. Both days the temps got to the mid 80s.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks to everyone else who replied without being a jack@$$. I went back in April and it was extremely hot. I was just curious if there was an obvious change in the climate. I don't like cold water so I'll make sure to avoid it if its too cool.

If you just used "google" and not ask a silly question, like is it hot in the Caribbean, you wouldn't have gotten the remarks. You did not ask about the water either. I did not see an accurate answer posted either. You can get an accurate answer, by actually going to a weather report, and getting the historical highs and lows, along with an accurate water tempature. Five people randomly answering will not give you the answer you want. You also need to wash your potty mouth.

Keep track if this turns out to be an El Nino year. The southern US will be a lot wetter than usual and if the jet stream pushes south into Texas, it can be chilly and pouring rain in Cozumel.

I learned this lesson the hard way on January vacations to Cancun and Cozumel.

I cannot believe I'm actually going to address this nonsense LOL.....buuuut I think its absolutely ludicrous that there are adults who still don't know how to keep scrolling past a post that is not directed at them or that don't have anything positive to input, only negative condescending, ill-willed comments. I could quote each and every negative poster but ummm no ma'am and no sir I don't have time to read each and every one of you for filth today.

First off whoever referred to my panties I don't wear any, there's no need to be concerned with my undergarments. Secondly, I did look at the weather online and a bunch of temperatures mean nothing to me. I like to hear first hand how people actually felt. I live in a part of the country that when the temperature says 85 degrees it feels like 105 because of the humidity and heat index. Since when have you ever met a meteorologist that is accurate in their prediction of the weather? I've never seen it. Historical temperatures and an almanac does not predict future weather and it also doesn't tell me HOW IT FELT during January, if you believe that it does GET YOUR LIFE.

I asked a question because I felt like it. The question was legitimate as I have seen other members of cruise critic post similar questions about Alaska, Bahamas, Jamaica, etc. Simply put, you don't know if you don't ask. Whether you felt my question was dumb or not if you don't have anything positive to add please exit MY post stage left immediately. I don't NEED to do anything except enjoy my cruise & keep working to fund my cruising. What you NEED to do is find you somebody to play with because I am not the one. You also NEED not tell me what I NEED to do because last time I checked I was an adult and not your child.

Once again, I acknowledge that I shouldn't have taken the time to respond to foolishness, but I felt moved to say something to address you internet thugs that hide behind your computer screens and are consistently anal to others on this forum. Your past posts speaks volumes as to your character. NOT A GOOD LOOK for you. That is why I said what I said to Drico. Initially I thought maybe I was being sensitive but after clicking on his profile and reading some of the previous posts I realized that this person is genuinely out to harass, oppress, intimidate and terrorize people. I will not be one of those people.

There is no need to address me further because I will not be returning to this post.

Edited by kaylaw25

I cannot believe I'm actually going to address this nonsense LOL.....buuuut I think its absolutely ludicrous that there are adults who still don't know how to keep scrolling past a post that is not directed at them or that don't have anything positive to input, only negative condescending, ill-willed comments. I could quote each and every negative poster but ummm no ma'am and no sir I don't have time to read each and every one of you for filth today.

First off whoever referred to my panties I don't wear any, there's no need to be concerned with my undergarments. Secondly, I did look at the weather online and a bunch of temperatures mean nothing to me. I like to hear first hand how people actually felt. I live in a part of the country that when the temperature says 85 degrees it feels like 105 because of the humidity and heat index. Since when have you ever met a meteorologist that is accurate in their prediction of the weather? I've never seen it. Historical temperatures and an almanac does not predict future weather and it also doesn't tell me HOW IT FELT during January, if you believe that it does GET YOUR LIFE.

I asked a question because I felt like it. The question was legitimate as I have seen other members of cruise critic post similar questions about Alaska, Bahamas, Jamaica, etc. Simply put, you don't know if you don't ask. Whether you felt my question was dumb or not if you don't have anything positive to add please exit MY post stage left immediately. I don't NEED to do anything except enjoy my cruise & keep working to fund my cruising. What you NEED to do is find you somebody to play with because I am not the one. You also NEED not tell me what I NEED to do because last time I checked I was an adult and not your child.

Once again, I acknowledge that I shouldn't have taken the time to respond to foolishness, but I felt moved to say something to address you internet thugs that hide behind your computer screens and are consistently anal to others on this forum. Your past posts speaks volumes as to your character. NOT A GOOD LOOK for you. That is why I said what I said to Drico. Initially I thought maybe I was being sensitive but after clicking on his profile and reading some of the previous posts I realized that this person is genuinely out to harass, oppress, intimidate and terrorize people. I will not be one of those people.

There is no need to address me further because I will not be returning to this post.

If we had to take a statistical count, I believe we would find that there are more dumb answers than there are dumb questions.

The poor dear. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed AGAIN!