Travel agent dinner voucher question

Received a complementary speciality dinner from our travel agent for the Allure this coming Sunday.

My question is if we were to go to Chops, does it include the premium steaks and lobster?

I can't find anywhere in the fine print that specifically excludes the premium cuts.

As a matter of fact, it mentions indulging in a dry aged steak...

Any insight?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When we went on the Oasis in June, our TA had also given us a free dinner for 2 at any of the specialty restaurants.

We also went to Chops, however, it did NOT include the premium lobster, etc.

But, as someone said above, maybe it does depend on the restaurant manager.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise!:D:D

How does the voucher work since the specialty restaurants cover charge is different? Does it cover any of them or are there limits on your choice too?

When we had a couple of those vouchers from the travel agent, it would cover the basic food charge at Chops and Giovanni's, but it would not cover Chef's Table.

As mentioned above, this is something to ask the travel agent.

When we had a couple of those vouchers from the travel agent, it would cover the basic food charge at Chops and Giovanni's, but it would not cover Chef's Table.

As mentioned above, this is something to ask the travel agent.

I expected there to be limits, thanks. Not sure I will even use the voucher as there will be 3 of us. May just stick to the CK.

If you have a printed copy, bring it with you to dinner. The one time we didn't, they asked for it. We never checked to see if the voucher was on the reservation. They didn't give us a hard time but I had to bring it to the Chops after dinner. Guest Services ended up emailing our TA from the ship to verify it.

We just used our TA voucher in Chops last Thursday on the Allure.

When the DH asked if he could upgrade to the speciality part of menu they said no.

Had a great veal chop, and the DH and DD had an awesome Filet.

Enjoy

I have also been given two complementary dinners by our TA. Can I book the restaurant ahead or do I need to do it when we are on the ship?

Again, another question for the TA or the voucher fine print.

When we had dinner vouchers from the TA, we had to reserve on board. Your vouchers may be different.

Again, another question for the TA or the voucher fine print.

When we had dinner vouchers from the TA, we had to reserve on board. Your vouchers may be different.

Bob,

no answer to my question? I'm astounded. I think of you as the guy who has a link or an answer to any question.:)

Bill

The 1 1/14-1 1/12 pound main Lobster currently runs an extra 21 bucks on top of the 39 dollars PP cover charge.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. On the menu I pulled up about Chops on Royal Caribbeans page I didn't even see any mention of lobster but read about it earlier in this thread.

Thanks again

Bill

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. On the menu I pulled up about Chops on Royal Caribbeans page I didn't even see any mention of lobster but read about it earlier in this thread.

Thanks again

Bill

My pleasure.

The premium dishes at Chops requiring an additional fee are a fairly new addition. Some information on the RCI website is dated.

Thanks again

Bill

Here's a menu with the lobster:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/chops.pdf

Wow, didn't realize that the restaurants that they charge you to dine at, now include menu items that the charge you again for. Amazing all the add ons Royal continues to add.

Guess that is why we have avoided these restaurants for several years.

We also have a TA certificate for free specialty in November. Now to decide which restaurant to try.

I have also been given two complementary dinners by our TA. Can I book the restaurant ahead or do I need to do it when we are on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would suggest that you book on-board. If you book in advance, the charges will be put onto your credit card. (It's kinda like having on-board credit. You can't use it to pay down your credit card bill.):(

Received a complementary speciality dinner from our travel agent for the Allure this coming Sunday.

My question is if we were to go to Chops, does it include the premium steaks and lobster?

I can't find anywhere in the fine print that specifically excludes the premium cuts.

As a matter of fact, it mentions indulging in a dry aged steak...

Any insight?

Our TA vouchers have always been OBC credit for the amount of chops. They don't care if we go there or not or how much extra we spend. The OBC is not designated for the specialty restaurant only.