Nichole Tropical Storm

OCruisers

Tropical Storm Nichole is heading directly for Bermuda ... in charted path for this weekend.

Because of Matthew, nil to no attention has been given to Nichole ... but it won't be fun for those there.

The tracks I see indicate Nicole will probably not reach Bermuda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

The tracks I see indicate Nicole will probably not reach Bermuda.

Same here and there's no warnings in the newspapers to batten down the hatches. Of course, things could always change.;)

Same here and there's no warnings in the newspapers to batten down the hatches. Of course, things could always change.;)

Nicole now has a track that could threaten Bermuda next Wednesday but Nicole is a flake. It keeps changing direction. Right now it is heading south from Bermuda. I think Matthew and Nicole are influencing each other. There is a lot of time still for Nicole to veer off from the north turn track that would threaten Bermuda next Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Breakaway is not going to Bermuda this week. Staying overnight in New York and then going somewhere else. Probably the Bahamas. Nicole is still moving south but is predicted to head north. There will also be swells from Matthew on the route. NCL doesn't want to risk it. That is a prudent decision.

Edited by Charles4515

Nichole is now a HURRICANE and heading directly toward Bermuda. :eek:

The storms name is Nicole. Bermuda has issued a hurricane warning for Thursday. Nicole is still a quirky storm. It is predicted to pass over Bermuda but it is not exactly taking a direct track.

I hope everyone stays safe in Bermuda and any damage is minimal.

The storms name is Nicole. Bermuda has issued a hurricane warning for Thursday. Nicole is still a quirky storm. It is predicted to pass over Bermuda but it is not exactly taking a direct track.

I hope everyone stays safe in Bermuda and any damage is minimal.

It is a CAT 2 hurricane with a direct hit over Bermuda, not a storm.

???? What? I was just giving an update. Why the incredibly rude remark?

A Category 2 hurricane is still a storm. You said it was not a storm. From this mornings Royal Gazette.

"Bermuda is facing a direct hit from a mega storm now closing in with winds of 95 knots and gusts as high as 110 knots.

Hurricane Nicole was upgraded to a Category 2 storm yesterday afternoon and, according to the Bermuda Weather Service, will unleash its full fury at around 1pm tomorrow."

This morning our NECN chief meteorologist said that Nicole is on a direct path to Bermuda.

Please stay safe.

Yes, it is. When I posted that nine days ago it was on a different track. Nicole later decided after going in circles to track to Bermuda. Like a magnet. And gaining strength. My thoughts are with the people of Bermuda today.

Edited by Charles4515

Early reports are that there are downed power lines and poles but roads are passable and some power has been restored. Some serious damage but less than feared. A late eastward wobble may have spared Bermuda the worst winds.

Edited by Charles4515