How to get to Port of Ft. Lauderdale?

Jannevt

We're going to stay at some hotel in Ft.Lauderdale havn't desided yet.

But how can we get to the port ?

When we go with Liberty in 2010 from Miami we went back to the airport/carrental and there was a shuttlebus there to take us to the harbor.

Is there anything like that in Ft.Lauderdale?

We're going to stay at some hotel in Ft.Lauderdale havn't desided yet.

But how can we get to the port ?

When we go with Liberty in 2010 from Miami we went back to the airport/carrental and there was a shuttlebus there to take us to the harbor.

Is there anything like that in Ft.Lauderdale?

Hei Janne!

Car rental agencies have a shuttlebus that goes to port everglades. if you have a rental car one of you could drop the rest of the family of at the cruise terminal, return the car and then take the shuttlebus back to the terminal.

When we stayed at the Riverside in downtown Ft. Lauderdale we opted for the hotel shuttle.

There are also public buses as a cheaper option. Haven't tested them yet.

A list of transportation options for Port Everglades can be found here:

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/transportation/

Have a fun cruise!

I know that, but was wondering if there was other option!?

A taxi will be the quickest way to the port.

However, if you are looking for the least expensive way, check out the Florida Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

There are hotels that have free shuttles to the port.

I know that, but was wondering if there was other option!?

Yes. Option 2 is stand in line for a shuttle at a hotel waiting with 20 other desperate cruisers all trying to cram into a shuttle with their luggage. Not worth saving 10-20.00 after spending so much on a cruise vacation.....

We have used all service shuttle and they have been great. Family owned and operated, new clean vans, private shuttle and all around good.

Five adults with all our luggage went from ES 17th street to pier for $30 plus tip and from pier to FLL for $35 plus tip.

WORTH IT!!!

Just email or call them and see what they can do for you. Ask that Diego, family son, drive you. Very nice young man.

Five adults with all our luggage went from ES 17th street to pier for $30 plus tip and from pier to FLL for $35 plus tip.

WORTH IT!!!

Just want to let people know that Fort Lauderdale has large SUV taxis available for the same price a sedan taxi. The cost would have been $10 to $15 to the port from the Embassy Suites and about $20 from the port to the airport.

Some hotels have free shuttle to the port.

Our hotel didn't, but they offered shuttle bus availability -- you paid $6 to the independent bus operator and the bus showed up about 10 am and took us to the port, no problem.

Everyone says that a cab is the cheapest, but what happens if the port or traffic in the city is such that you are sitting waiting and the cab meter keeps running? Just asking.

That's why Uber is a better option. No meter. You get a quoted estimated fare before hand, and your final fare should be close to it.

Hei Janne!

Car rental agencies have a shuttlebus that goes to port everglades. if you have a rental car one of you could drop the rest of the family of at the cruise terminal, return the car and then take the shuttlebus back to the terminal.

When we stayed at the Riverside in downtown Ft. Lauderdale we opted for the hotel shuttle.

There are also public buses as a cheaper option. Haven't tested them yet.

A list of transportation options for Port Everglades can be found here:

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/transportation/

Have a fun cruise!

HaraldOslo, The airport car rental shuttle only services 2 of the car rental companies. Public bus 40 stops near the entrance to the port. It might be an option for terminal 2 if you can lug luggage 2 blocks. For the other terminals, you would need to walk very far from the bus stop.

Is Uber that much cheaper? Just asking.

Keith

The one thing I really liked about Uber is that the drivers use GPS to get to my destination so I felt we were taking the most direct route while in a cab the driver might take me for a ride around the city to increase the fare.

FLL to Embassy Suites was $11.17

Edited by Justprettynpink

The one thing I really liked about Uber is that the drivers use GPS to get to my destination so I felt we were taking the most direct route while in a cab the driver might take me for a ride around the city to increase the fare.

FLL to Embassy Suites was $11.17

I agree. Keith, UBER can be significantly cheaper in some cities, and a little bit cheaper in other cities. There are codes out there that will get you a free first ride (up to $15). I have an active code right now. Here's the link:

https://get.uber.com/r/share/me/MM2472/siobhanl81ue

Here's what I love about Uber: 1) the driver comes on demand to my location - no hunting for a main road or a taxi stand, 2) I can get a fare quote if I want one, 3) I don't need cash as the ride is charged directly to the card that I have one file with Uber, and 4) as Justprettynpink said, they use GPS

Honestly, the app is SO easy to use and the process is very easy too.