What a waste!

bobndee

Just yesterday we received a brochure from Azamara that said "We saved the best offer of the year for last." It was a restatement of the double upgrade offer.

In that brochure we found a cruise in 2016 that fit us exactly, so we called Azamara directly his morning. We were told that the cruise in the brochure was not part of the double upgrade, despite the brochure saying it was. Also, the cruise price quoted was significantly higher than listed in the brochure.

Needless to say, we didn't book it.

Azamara went to a considerable expense to compile, print and mail a brochure and then obsoleted it even before it could be delivered. A total waste of their time and money and my time. :mad:

I don't know which cruise Bobndee was considering, but I do know that our sailing on Quest Sept 9, 2016 was initially on the Double Upgrade list and removed just about 3 weeks later. By that time, all verandas were gone except for V1 GTY, which is still available today but not at the Inside price. Azamara raised prices incrementally over the brief sale period and eventually removed the sailing from the offer. We're glad we acted quickly!

Just yesterday we received a brochure from Azamara that said "We saved the best offer of the year for last." It was a restatement of the double upgrade offer.

In that brochure we found a cruise in 2016 that fit us exactly, so we called Azamara directly his morning. We were told that the cruise in the brochure was not part of the double upgrade, despite the brochure saying it was. Also, the cruise price quoted was significantly higher than listed in the brochure.

Azamara went to a considerable expense to compile, print and mail a brochure and then obsoleted it even before it could be delivered. A total waste of their time and money and my time. :mad:

All it means that the cruise you were interested in was very popular and sold out, that's all. That's the trouble between "real" time (internet on computer) and "advertisement" time (brochure by mail). For all you know, your cruise might have booked its last balcony cabin from the time your postman delivered your brochure to the time you actually read it and called Azamara. It's not like Azamara has thousands of balcony cabins like the big ships do. They sell out fast when there's a good promotion on, like this one. I know this for a fact because the TA we're on in 9/16 and the Med cruise we're on in 9/15 were both on the promo and now they're not because the balcony cabins are all booked.

There are still plenty of cruises available for you to choose from that are listed in the brochure. A lot of them have sold out but not all, so I wouldn't say that Azamara wasted their time or money, or yours either, if you find something else you like.

BTW Bonnie--I'm still waiting for my brochure! My friend Sandi aka Librarylady19 got hers last week. Should I e-mail Nicole to request one? I'd like to have it since it's my quote that's on the brochure cover. :D

All it means that the cruise you were interested in was very popular and sold out, that's all. That's the trouble between "real" time (internet on computer) and "advertisement" time (brochure by mail). For all you know, your cruise might have booked its last balcony cabin from the time your postman delivered your brochure to the time you actually read it and called Azamara. It's not like Azamara has thousands of balcony cabins like the big ships do. They sell out fast when there's a good promotion on, like this one. I know this for a fact because the TA we're on in 9/16 and the Med cruise we're on in 9/15 were both on the promo and now they're not because the balcony cabins are all booked.

There are still plenty of cruises available for you to choose from that are listed in the brochure. A lot of them have sold out but not all, so I wouldn't say that Azamara wasted their time or money, or yours either, if you find something else you like.

BTW Bonnie--I'm still waiting for my brochure! My friend Sandi aka Librarylady19 got hers last week. Should I e-mail Nicole to request one? I'd like to have it since it's my quote that's on the brochure cover. :D

Hi Deirdre, yes, write leclubvoyage@azamaraclubcruises.com to request the brochure. I can't begin to say how the distribution of the promo material is sent out. I would imagine bulk mail...in which case the actual delivery is at the mercy of the local post offices.

Hi Deirdre, yes, write leclubvoyage@azamaraclubcruises.com to request the brochure. I can't begin to say how the distribution of the promo material is sent out. I would imagine bulk mail...in which case the actual delivery is at the mercy of the local post offices.

Thanks Bonnie. We usually do get the mailed brochures so I'll keep my eye out for the next few days. If nothing comes I'll contact Nicole.

Hi bobndee,

I have confirmed this with the RM team...sailings are pulled from the special as they fill up and space becomes scarce. Sorry you missed out on the voyage you wanted. Hopefully there is another still available?

Bonnie

The funny thing about the new brochure and the Sept. 2016 Quest TA is: the sailing is described as "7 NIGHTS. LONDON, PARIS, QUEBEC CITY & MONTREAL." Then, the itinerary which follows correctly details the ports and the several sea days, to accurately reflect 15 nights. But, the headline's wrong.

It's always something, right? : )

Hi bobndee,

I have confirmed this with the RM team...sailings are pulled from the special as they fill up and space becomes scarce. Sorry you missed out on the voyage you wanted. Hopefully there is another still available?

Bonnie

When I checked the Azamara site yesterday before calling, the Sept. 2016 Quest TA I was interested in was still shown, with prices listed. Based on that, I assumed (wrongly, I am now informed) that the cruise still had space available.

In these days of fast changing situations the days of the brochure have to be numbered.

Personally I would have no issue if they disappeared altogether. I rely on the web for my info now and I know many are like me in that respect

When I checked the Azamara site yesterday before calling, the Sept. 2016 Quest TA I was interested in was still shown, with prices listed. Based on that, I assumed (wrongly, I am now informed) that the cruise still had space available.

Your assumption was only half wrong. That's the transatlantic we're on and yes, there is still space available. I check it fairly often (just in case of price drops haha) and the V1, V2, and V3 cabins that were part of the promotion--$2700 I believe for a veranda, the inside price--are long gone. They went flying off the shelves like hotcakes since the itinerary is so interesting. What's left are higher priced VX veranda and suite cabins which are entirely bookable.

The availability of space can be a moving target until very close in. For example, a travel professional may have a client that wants 10 staterooms and 1 suite for a family reunion. Then the matriarch goes into the agency and decides she wants another voyage, or another line, for whatever reason. The original inventory is released and available again. This example of fluctuating inventory, and a multitude of others, is happening every day until the ship is full, or sails. The advice, as given here frequently by others, is when you see a voyage & stateroom that you like, don't wait too long to decide.

The advice, as given here frequently by others, is when you see a voyage & stateroom that you like, don't wait too long to decide.

Which is exactly what I did - I received the brochure Monday afternoon and called Tuesday morning, only to be told nothing was available. But that's not my point. My point was that Azamara went to a lot of trouble and expense to produce a brochure that was obsolete before it was mailed. Why bother if all it does is upset customers?

Which is exactly what I did - I received the brochure Monday afternoon and called Tuesday morning, only to be told nothing was available. But that's not my point. My point was that Azamara went to a lot of trouble and expense to produce a brochure that was obsolete before it was mailed. Why bother if all it does is upset customers?
That promotion has been going on for months, so you were a bit late to the party. And the cited brochure went to the printer long before it reached your mailbox. One would have to be clairvoyant to know what will be sold out and what will not weeks or more before a brochure is delivered. Edited by marinaro44

I think you're really mad at yourself but it's easier to blame Azamara because you missed out on the sale prices for transatlantic verandas. It's simple arithmetic. Cabins on a ship are a limited quantity. To be exact, 158 V1, V2, and V3 verandas. Not a bottomless pit! So 158 customers look at the brochure they got on Monday afternoon AND book it Monday afternoon. The 159th customer--you--sleeps on it and when he calls on Tuesday morning the cabins are all booked. You know how the early bird gets the worm.... ;)

Coincidentally, that brochure you received features my quote: "...I was kicking myself for not taking advantage of this Azamara offer earlier this year and now it seems we migh have an opportunity again!" You want to know why I said that? Because the very first time Azamara offered the double upgrade, I, like you, dilly-dallied and missed out. By the time I got around to calling, all the verandas featured in the sale had been booked. I was NOT a happy girl. However, much to my delight the offer was repeated and this time around, I did not hesitate. Use me as a cautionary tale. If you see something you like, BOOK IT. There are only 158 cabins and soooooo many more customers than that wanting exactly what you want.

Edited by dln929
spelling

I just got my copy today! Who should I be mad at???

BTW, this brochure seems to include all Azamara cruises from mid-2015 to Dec 2016. So it wouldn't have made sense for them to remove any that had already sold their Verandas. And it makes a good reference for me to keep as I dream about other Azamara cruises. :)

If i recall you can hold a cabin for a couple days then pay the deposit.. plus finally payment not due to 90 days out. there are cabins I love and grab them. In America you can get your money back or move it to another cruise.. not as easy in the UK.