Shareholder OBC credit

ozjohnau

Hi

I sent off my shareholder info to carnival AU , what is the process to receiving the credit? Email , just appears on the manage booking Docs ?

I've received the credit through Princess , but not sure on Carnival

Cheers

John

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If Carnival AU is similar to the US site, you'll find the OBC on your cruise documents. If you 'print' them, same area where you print your luggage tags, you'll see the invoice with your OBC.

Edited by SadieN

I faxed it in , thanks I will check next week

It's funny, if you talk to different people in that department some say only fax it others say only email it. For this past cruise I had faxed it, after a few days called in... Nobody could find my info. I had to email it directly to the person I was talking to.

Go figure....

It's funny, if you talk to different people in that department some say only fax it others say only email it. For this past cruise I had faxed it, after a few days called in... Nobody could find my info. I had to email it directly to the person I was talking to.

Go figure....

Haha [emoji924][emoji924][emoji924]I called the Carnival Australia local number and the guy in Sydney had no idea ! He connected me with Miami reservations. She said to fax it.

I have had the credit on a number of princess cruise.s

John [emoji924][emoji924][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by ozjohnau

This is my recent experience in the last month. Faxed it in. Heard nothing from CCL for four days I called and they told me it takes 5 to 10 business days. This is my ninth SH-OBC and it never took this long. After 7 business days from faxing it in, I called them again. The rep said it was approved the day before. We never got the email stating that. I looked at my online docs and no credit shown. I called back and the same rep said that sometimes it will not show up on the online docs. So, she emailed me an updated statement showing that I did receive my SH-OBC. I printed it out with my request letter to take on the cruise in case we do not get the credit and I can work with guest services to obtain it. She did tell me that they have a verification process to ensure people actually own enough stock and that is why it is taking longer to process. When I asked her why we did not get an email confirmation (same email address for the past 12 cruises). She said sometimes there is a hiccup in the process.

It sounds to me that the amount of requests, couple with verification process has added delays and the occasional missteps in the process. Hopefully, they will improve and prefect the process.

Go figure....

I ased the rep, what would I do if she could not find my fax. She said I could email it directly to her.

The first rep I spoke with said the faxes go directly into a file server and they process them in the order they are received.

I always fax it in and receive a responding e-mail in about a week or so...never more than 10 days.

I print out that email and take with me just in case, but it usually shows up on my Carvinal invoice with any other OBC.

How many shares do you have to have to get the obc?

At least 100 shares. The amount of OBC you get depends on the length of your cruise. I bought my shares in my IRA so I didn't even have to use current income to acquire the shares.

rjl: the info is on Carnival's website under Investor Relations.

I submitted mine via email, as I always do, on 4/4 but neglected to attach my statement. I immediately sent a second email with the same info and statement attached.

I typically get an automated response that my email was received. Then, usually within a couple of days (but once in just under an hour), I receive an email that my OBC has been applied.

Well, several days later, I got an email response saying I hadn't attached the info. Hmmm, I thought. What about the 2nd email? I never received a response to the one that had all the info.

Anyway, it said to fax it in, which I did on Monday morning (I'm a CPA and I'm just a little busy these days!). Still nothing. I've never had this problem before. There are a couple of others on our Vista 5/1 roll call having the same problem. Others sent theirs in and had it applied promptly.

If it doesn't show up by the beginning of next week, I'll call someone. Please don't tell me I have to go through my TA. I never book using one but did for this cruise because I joined a cabin that had already booked.

I always email mine to my Carnival PVP, and she forwards it for me. Then I usually get an email in 2 or 3 days that the credit has been applied. Then at that point, I can see the credit showing on my online documents on the page where my cruise price details show.

How far in advance can I submit for the OBC? Thanks

I don't know. I always wait until I've paid off the cruise before applying. I paid off my upcoming cruise last week and I applied a couple of days later. No word yet, but this is also the first time I've paid off a cruise early (currently 164 days until I sail). The email I received indicated it could take them 7-10 days to respond.

I just faxed the February statement in for my mom for her 4/30/16 cruise and 9/17/16 cruise and she got 2 emails a couple of days later that the OBC was applied to both upcoming cruises. I thought you had to do it a lot closer to the cruise but they accepted it for the sept cruise already.

If you go into the shareholder benefit document on the carnival corporation site, there are dates in the document around when your reservation must be made by, and when you must cruise by. These dates are updated every so often.

Currently, the credit is applicable for reservations made by Feb 28, 2017 for cruises taken by July 31, 2017.

I mailed my request in a few weeks ago. I got back a response after about two weeks (mailed from Canada) saying the document wasn't legible. I faxed in another version last Saturday and it was applied today. I got an email and could see it on my cruise documents.

I did call Carnival last night to follow up. I was told you need to contact Guest Services or Guest Admin or something like that and they are only available during the day - 9-5:30 I think.

Edited by cath32
More info

Well decided to check , so I called carnival and she checked , it hadn't been added she told me to wait a week if it hasn't shown up , and give them a call back and they will expedite it [emoji924][emoji924][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, mine was applied later on the same day I replied above.

I typically don't send mine in super early because they don't have to honor it months and months in advance, but if it's going to take weeks now instead of hours/days, I may submit mine sooner next time.

I'm guessing people know where to see it on their docs, right? And if you're sailing with friends, be sure they understand that when that shows up, it's not a shared OBC! I had to explain that to a travel companion who was thinking she was getting some free spending money. Sorry, nope. All mine! ;)

Just an FYI: I recently applied for this via fax and received an email reply. They did not honor this as I had received $50 OBC as part of the booking promotion. *Sigh* I will try again for my next cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also booked a cruise in feb 2017 , sent off my shareholder info and they have already applied the credit . I had also received obc from the travel agent!

John

Edited by ozjohnau