Embarkation lunch

cwbabe48

Cannot comment on the Sillie, but on the other ships, Bistro on 5 seems best for us.:D

Isn't that the one that's being converted to all sushi though?

It would be nice if they kept some options for those who find fish cooked or otherwise disgusting and/or are allergic to it so we could have somewhere quiet to go as well. :(:(

It would be nice if they kept some options for those who find fish cooked or otherwise disgusting and/or are allergic to it so we could have somewhere quiet to go as well. :(:(

Just unsubstantiated rumours at this stage.

We are on Equinox in March, anyone know if Bistro will be changed on this ship? First time on Celebrity so not much info on this line yet but willing to learn

I think someone here will post the information about the change if and when it happens.

We are on Equinox in March, anyone know if Bistro will be changed on this ship? First time on Celebrity so not much info on this line yet but willing to learn

I think someone here will post the information about the change if and when it happens.

Yes, don't worry, Bistro on 5 is a specialty restaurant that a lot of people think is overpriced and as such wasn't patronised well but if it is gone before you board you won't know what you have missed. Please do not think if it is announced here that it will happen, lots of rumours start here and never eventuate.

If or when they change the Bistro on 5, there will be an official announcement but they may not do it on all ships at the same time, it is most likely a gradual change over.

Who worries on a cruise????!!! No time for that, must relax and have fun. I just am trying to figure out what's what on a new line. I could give you all kinds of info on Royal and what to do onboard but on this one I don't have the slightest idea. First times are adventures though so looking forward to the experience. I am not a fan of sushi but it won't affect our fun either way, we would just save $10pp! Thanks again to all you Celebrity alums who are willing to share your knowledge...it is very much appreciated. Deb

Who worries on a cruise????!!! No time for that, must relax and have fun. I just am trying to figure out what's what on a new line. I could give you all kinds of info on Royal and what to do onboard but on this one I don't have the slightest idea. First times are adventures though so looking forward to the experience. I am not a fan of sushi but it won't affect our fun either way, we would just save $10pp! Thanks again to all you Celebrity alums who are willing to share your knowledge...it is very much appreciated. Deb

When you first board, there will be crew members trying to get you to buy specialty restaurant packages, they often have discounts of 20-30%. Just ask them where you can go for lunch and if Bistro on 5 has changed is now sushi (which I doubt), perhaps Tuscan Grill or another one is open for lunch.

Bistro on 5 is by no means a Specialty Restaurant. It is usually empty and is a great place for lunch any day if you love peace and quiet.

Tuscan Grill has not been open for lunch on the day you depart. .

I believe the change to a sushi place At bistro on 5 is only going to be on the reflection as a trial thing... [emoji848] I guess from that they well decide if it's going to change over on the other ships...

Bistro on 5 is by no means a Specialty Restaurant. It is usually empty and is a great place for lunch any day if you love peace and quiet.

Since they charge $10 pp, I would consider it a specialty restaurant. When we had unlimited access to specialty restaurants, both Bistro and The porch were included.

Just unsubstantiated rumours at this stage.

I can unofficially confirm Bistro will be turned into a sushi (and maybe ramen) restaurant. For now, they will trial it on Reflection. Flying in two sushi chefs from Japan. For those who like sushi this could be a win, but I agree, with the The Porch being seafood already, this could be overkill. Maybe they will move the crepes up to the porch?! The was no one At the Porch last week when I walked by. With that said, if you want quiet on embarkation day, this might be your place. And, they do have some non seafood offerings.

f7d1a9d70e6bcf1d27efc374ccb3bac7.jpg

I don't know what your definition is but mine is a place to eat where a surcharge occurs and/or it serves some food items not found in the MDR or Buffet. Bistro on 5 does both of these.:D