Luggage valet

cruiserjt

I am very hopeful that this program will be available on our Eclipse cruise this Holiday season. Our flight to Boston leaves later in the afternoon. Was wondering if our bags actually go on our plane or would Delta put-them on an earlier flight? Can't his complicate the baggage claim process. We have a very short window between deplaning and catching our bus home. Never done this. Our flight is a direct from FLL to BOS. It sounds like. A great service.

We've used Luggage Valet whenever offered and if our flight fits into the timing window (since your flight is later on disembark day, you should be fine). It IS a great service and has worked perfectly for us...can't say that our luggage was on the planes with us, but our suitcases have always come out on the flights' conveyors.

I hope Luggage Valet is offered at your port. Have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I went on the Eclipse out of FLL in April and November and Valet was offered. We use it whenever we can. Makes the trip home so much easier.

In November, somebody (not sure if USAirways or X) lost one of our bags but it got home the next day.

Pretty sure they'll offer it out of MIA as well.

I am very hopeful that this program will be available on our Eclipse cruise this Holiday season. Our flight to Boston leaves later in the afternoon. Was wondering if our bags actually go on our plane or would Delta put-them on an earlier flight? Can't his complicate the baggage claim process. We have a very short window between deplaning and catching our bus home. Never done this. Our flight is a direct from FLL to BOS. It sounds like. A great service.

We have used this service with Delta multiple times. It is wonderful. Never had a problem and it allowed us to walk off with just our carry-ons-

Enjoy your cruise.

It is possible for the airline to put your bags on an earlier flight, but it would likely only happen if there was another non-stop before yours.

We've not had it happen after a cruise, but it did happen when we flew home from Disney a couple of years ago. Of course, the airline had quite a few flights out of MCO and we were on one of the last of the day.

If we dock in Fort Lauderdale, can I do luggage valet to Miami? The flight is after three. Thanks

Only info I have is the flyer from a March 2013 Eclipse sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. I've attached a PDF of the file below and it indicates that the program was available for flights from Miami at that time so I presume it still is.

Luggage Valet Eclipse Martch 2013 Port Everglades.pdf

Only info I have is the flyer from a March 2013 Eclipse sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. I've attached a PDF of the file below and it indicates that the program was available for flights from Miami at that time so I presume it still is.

Not a happy camper! We enjoyed the program, but have a noon flight out of Miami on Delta for our Eclipse Jan sailing! Thought the time would be the same as fort lauderdale- Guess we will be dragging our luggage ourselves. Perhaps the times have changed as the ship is sailing from Miami this year.:eek:

Edited by Cruise a holic

I will be on the Reflection in January and have the reverse situation -- port is Miami and flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. Per an email with Celebrity, I was told that luggage valet was good for FLL for any flight from Noon on. After seeing the Eclipse notice, with the 2pm requirement, I am concerned. Anyone with experience on the time for a FLL flight after leaving Reflection?

I, too, emailed Celebrity this week re: luggage valet for our Miami port and FLL airport in November; was told that as long as flight is after 12:00 noon, luggage valet is available at both MIA and FLL, on these airlines:

American Airlines (AA)

American Eagle (AA)

Delta (DL)

JetBlue Airways (B6)

United (UA)

Air Tran (FL)

Southwest (WN)

US Airways (US)

Hope the customer service rep is right!

Thanks to everyone for the info - sounds like it will work for us in January. I will only have 3-4 bags to check and it appears the fee is a per person fee. Am I correct to assume that only the individuals paying for this service will have their boarding pass printed? Our family is traveling and I will have to plan on getting the boarding passes printed for our daughters....

Just hoping everything shows up in Boston as planned. We have about an hour and a half before the last bus to New Hampshire leaves on a Sunday night. I have to work on plan B in case of weather or flight delays. Hmmmm Boston in January - what are the chances???:rolleyes:

Cruiserjt, I believe that the limit is Three bags per person.

The document posted by Lsimon confirms this as well. the fee covers up to 3 bags.

As long as both people in the cabin are going to the same airline and final destination, both can combine luggage, not have to each pay the fee separately, assuming only a total of 3 bags between them.

Basically airline luggage tags will be assigned in 1 name only per paid fee. So if you have a program with free checked luggage that includes only 1 piece, you may want to consider checking bags under 2 separate names and paying the fee separately to avoid airline baggage fees on extra bags if ah person has ability for 1 free bag.

... I will only have 3-4 bags to check and it appears the fee is a per person fee. Am I correct to assume that only the individuals paying for this service will have their boarding pass printed? Our family is traveling and I will have to plan on getting the boarding passes printed for our daughters.......

The fee is charged for each person listed on the form irrespective of who pays the fee. The number of bags is limited to 3 per person. Any airline baggage fees will be charged as well unless you indicate a reason why they are not supposed to be charged (such as a first class ticket or an applicable frequent flyer status) which will be confirmed through the airline. I also note that in almost every case the airline baggage fees for any bags beyond 2 are usually substantially higher than the first two bags so it would seldom make sense to check more than 2 bags in one person's name.

Edited by Lsimon

I, too, emailed Celebrity this week re: luggage valet for our Miami port and FLL airport in November; was told that as long as flight is after 12:00 noon, luggage valet is available at both MIA and FLL, on these airlines:

American Airlines (AA)

American Eagle (AA)

Delta (DL)

JetBlue Airways (B6)

United (UA)

Air Tran (FL)

Southwest (WN)

US Airways (US)

Hope the customer service rep is right!

We hope so too in a big way!

.We will arrive back from Reflection, POM at 7 am, will self disembark and take a cab to FLL for a 12:15 flight on SW Air... If we get Luggage valet it will make getting off much easier and save one huge check in line for luggage at FLL....We are packing light just in case but hoping for the best! LV is a great program....well worth the cost

On the ship during your cruise.

We were almost able to use this great service on one of our cruises, but the airline changed our flight to depart 5 mins before the cruise line's minimum time. Just be ware that this can happen. (I believe it was a Royal Caribbean rather than Celebrity Cruise, but similar rules apply).

Jane