FLying Fish Sandwich - Close to Port

lakegirl16

Looking for a recommendation on a flying fish sandwich that is close to the port? OR perhaps close to shopping? Not sure where that is in relation to port? Thank You!

Thanks for asking..we're looking for the same possibly..as we're still in the planning stage and welcome all recommendations :)

we just came back from the equinox and went to Carlisle beach (beach right after Boat Yard. Hubby had a delicious flying fish sandwich - restaurant was not much but he said food was good

this beach is close to port I believe it was $5per person to get there and also $5 to return

There is a spot near the pier after you exit the main building and go right to the local vendors shopping area. You have to sneak through a small alley but the beer is cheap and the flying fish is great. There has been a problem with the flying fish supply and I don't know what the availability might be, but we will be looking to have some in February.

There is a spot near the pier after you exit the main building and go right to the local vendors shopping area. You have to sneak through a small alley but the beer is cheap and the flying fish is great. There has been a problem with the flying fish supply and I don't know what the availability might be, but we will be looking to have some in February.

That's the place we frequent for flying fish. Unfortunately, when we were there in early November, they didn't have any, although we still got a good cheap meal from them. Hopefully the supply will be better when we return in April.

Jane

• 2 weeks later...
That's the place we frequent for flying fish. Unfortunately, when we were there in early November, they didn't have any, although we still got a good cheap meal from them. Hopefully the supply will be better when we return in April.

Jane

Thanks!! anyone have the name of this restaurant?

Thanks!! anyone have the name of this restaurant?

I can't remember, but I'll see if I took a picture of it. I wouldn't exactly call it a restaurant...it's a counter and about five tables...outside. Kind of tucked away in a corner... Let me check my photos...

Jane

cuz fish stall is the best by all accounts, its by carisle beach though. Look on beepbus.com for bus times.

Anyone know where i can get a good rotti? Whats the best thing to eat at friday fish fry?

i normally like the fish! Bon appetite!

• 2 weeks later...
The ones I've had have not been spicey...just very tasty!

You can put as much pepper Sauce on the cutters as you wish!!! mild, mild, mild to Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

Enjoy!!!

Thanks. :) Great one can have the sandwich spiced to their individual taste.

• 3 weeks later...

On our first visit we stumbled upon this little place and enjoyed their flying fish.

On our next visit we spent the day at the beach with the intention of stopping here again when we returned to the port. She was out of flying fish but told us had we stopped in our way out to tell her we'd be back, that she would have been able to have some for our return. Needless to say, next time we'll do that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It's been many months since the last post.

Does anyone know the name of this place for cutters tucked between stalls & alleyway?

Lady Jane was going to look for a photo.

Or can anyone else help?

Destination: Cutter sandwich, local fish shack, walking distance from terminal building.

Have read the reviews of "Cuz's Fish Shack" but it's somewhere near the Radisson so not handy to the port.

Thanks! Or any other suggestions for local food like conch fritters, etc. highly appreciated!

Does anyone know the name of this place for cutters tucked between stalls & alleyway?

Or can anyone else help?

Destination: Cutter sandwich' date=' local fish shack, walking distance from terminal building.

Have read the reviews of "Cuz's Fish Shack" but it's somewhere near the Radisson so not handy to the port.

Thanks! Or any other suggestions for local food like conch fritters, etc. highly appreciated![/quote']

Also interested in this place after reading these posts

Or can anyone else help?

Destination: Cutter sandwich' date=' local fish shack, walking distance from terminal building.

Thanks! Or any other suggestions for local food like conch fritters, etc. highly appreciated![/quote']

Afraid I didn't find a photo. Last time we were there, the little place didn't have any flying fish...price getting too high. We'll be there again in April and see what we can find.

Jane

Let's see if I can clarify locating the little place at the pier.

When you are standing in the terminal bldg. (shops) with the ship at your back, you will exit this bldg. at the far right corner exit.

You will see the craft stalls immediately in front of you. It is an "L-shaped" structure with the shorter part on the left. This is where you will find an opening between vendors. Enter here and in a milli-second you will be at the other end at the restaurant.

A very basic food area, a few tables and plastic chairs. But, oh so friendly. From what I've read here, flying fish (their specialty) is sometimes not available. But worth the 5 min. stop to check out before heading out for the day.

Hope this helps.

Let's see if I can clarify locating the little place at the pier.

When you are standing in the terminal bldg. (shops) with the ship at your back, you will exit this bldg. at the far right corner exit.

You will see the craft stalls immediately in front of you. It is an "L-shaped" structure with the shorter part on the left. This is where you will find an opening between vendors. Enter here and in a milli-second you will be at the other end at the restaurant.

A very basic food area, a few tables and plastic chairs. But, oh so friendly. From what I've read here, flying fish (their specialty) is sometimes not available. But worth the 5 min. stop to check out before heading out for the day.

Hope this helps.

This does help! Thank you. We're open to other local fish so will definitely check it out. Especially if we can stop early to get a heads up.