Mediterranean cruise interporting

Could someone ( BOB) or ?????

Can you still interport on MED cruises

We have done so many times specifically instead of embarking in Barcelona we would like to embark in Rome instead.I can't find anything on the website :)

Could someone ( BOB) or ?????

Can you still interport on MED cruises

We have done so many times specifically instead of embarking in Barcelona we would like to embark in Rome instead.I can't find anything on the website :)

I don't know if RC has any cruises available that interport. However, you should be able to select Rome as your departure city in the search field and see cruises that depart from Rome. Then select Barcelona and see if it's the same ship.

Harmony interported in the med last year - we embarked in Rome but the main embarkation port was Barcelona. Freedom is doing the same itinerary this year but I am not sure if she is interporting - as far as I know harmony was the only RCCL ship doing this in the med last year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Harmony interported in the med last year - we embarked in Rome but the main embarkation port was Barcelona. Freedom is doing the same itinerary this year but I am not sure if she is interporting - as far as I know harmony was the only RCCL ship doing this in the med last year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes exactly what we did but cannot find any cruises on Freedom that embark anywhere but Barcelona

The smaller ships leave from Rome but not Freedom

Ha. So we booked to sail out of Barcelona. Excited, we told our oldest son...

Me: Hey we booked a cruise to the Med!

Him: Really? When?

Me: Sept 15th!

Him: Wow. What ship?

Me: Liberty

Him: No way. Can't be. We were going to surprise you & Mom and announce it later but we also booked a cruise to the Med, on Liberty Sept 19th. So there's no way it's the Liberty.

Me: Happy for you son! That's great. But I'm sure it's the Liberty.

We both immediately stat checking and sure enough, inter port cruise. We got on board on Sun, they on Wed. We were able to share time together (wife & I) and then spend some time w/ the kids as well. It worked our great for everyone but it sure was strange.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ha. So we booked to sail out of Barcelona. Excited, we told our oldest son...

Me: Hey we booked a cruise to the Med!

Him: Really? When?

Me: Sept 15th!

Him: Wow. What ship?

Me: Liberty

Him: No way. Can't be. We were going to surprise you & Mom and announce it later but we also booked a cruise to the Med, on Liberty Sept 19th. So there's no way it's the Liberty.

Me: Happy for you son! That's great. But I'm sure it's the Liberty.

We both immediately stat checking and sure enough, inter port cruise. We got on board on Sun, they on Wed. We were able to share time together (wife & I) and then spend some time w/ the kids as well. It worked our great for everyone but it sure was strange.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi,

Just curious = did RCCL charge a fee for inter porting?

Thanks,

NJ

Can't book any sailing from Rome on the UK Website for 2017 sailings either

For as long as I can remember you've been able to do this. Must mean they're not offering it this year and they want everyone to get on / off in Barcelona this time round

Maybe next year with Symphony (maybe!) they'll offer it again due to more passengers and will allow them to thin the load a bit

Hi,

Just curious = did RCCL charge a fee for inter porting?

Thanks,

NJ

No, its just that the cruise is set up so that a certain percentage of cabins are able to be booked from one port and a certain percentage booked from another. Embarkation at both ports results in a closed loop cruise back to the embarkation port. It just means they have two embarkation days, two muster drills, and two disembarkation days as the ship goes around the Med. It requires extra logistics for the cruise line to set it up, and good market analysis to set the booking percentages right so there are no empty cabins, even for just a couple days, so typically only a select ship or ships will do this for each line.

It is not advertised as interporting, but as Bob say, if you search Med cruises, and see different embarkation ports just a couple days apart, check the ship to see if it is offering cruises from different ports. Interporting has no effect on your cruise, what Goodtime experienced was a serendipitous fluke.

As mentioned above there is no additional fee however you may find that the total cost for the cruise is different depending on which port you depart from.

As I recall, it was significantly more expensive to embark in Rome vs Barcelona.

As mentioned above there is no additional fee however you may find that the total cost for the cruise is different depending on which port you depart from.

Correct.

We did the Barcelona port departure route...and compared with the Civitavecchia (Rome) route...and it was less cost.

Allure and Harmony did interporting in Civitavecchia the last two summers. The Freedom doesn?t show up for interporting on the German website either - just Barcelona.

No, there was no extra fee for interporting but the prices may have been different as the others stated before.

steamboats

• 4 weeks later...

We booked symphony originally out of Barcelona on 7/1/18, but when they announced that interpreting would happen out of Time we switched. Saved us $500 to boot. Same cabin class 10 days earlier. 3 days before or after would have been $200 cheaper.