Alcohol for stateroom

retird

i am new to Holland America. I see I can pre order a bottle Of alcohol for consumption in my cabin. Some posts say it can be purchased on board as well. Is this one bottle or can you purchase anytime during the cruise and where do you purchase it onboard?

You can order as many bottles as you want either pre-cruise or on board the ship.

The price will be the same no matter when you order.

Bottles are 1 liter.

If you wait until you are on the ship, you just call room service.

If you are in a Neptune Suite or the Pinnacle Suite, you can have the concierge place your order.

You can preorder online or just call room service while on the ship. I normally wait and call in room dining and order the alcohol we normally drink. One liter bottles will be delivered. Prices are IMO reasonable for cruise lines.

You can preorder online or just call room service while on the ship. I normally wait and call in room dining and order the alcohol we normally drink. One liter bottles will be delivered. Prices are IMO reasonable for cruise lines.

I agree with Wesport and KK.

We normally pre-order on line, but we are subject to exchange rates so I try to "choose" the right time.

I also like to have something in the room in case I am hosting someone :)

IMO, HAL's prices are reasonable considering you are on a ship. but,we pay Canadian prices here and have high taxes ;)

• 2 weeks later...

In rough terms, what is the average price a bottle?

Thanks.

It is a long time since I have cruised will HAL. At that time there was no restriction on bringing bottles of wine onto the ship for in-cabin consumption.

I like a glass of wine on the balcony before dinner.

From what I have read that is no longer the case.

What can we bring on board?

What can we order for our cabin and what are the prices?

It is a long time since I have cruised will HAL. At that time there was no restriction on bringing bottles of wine onto the ship for in-cabin consumption.

I like a glass of wine on the balcony before dinner.

From what I have read that is no longer the case.

What can we bring on board?

What can we order for our cabin and what are the prices?

Carol, you can bring one bottle of wine on pp (up to two people in the cabin) without charge. You can bring additional bottles of wine on board at embarkation or in ports provided you will pay the $18 corkage (or HAL will store them for you).

Now, the "free" bottle operates by the old rules - in cabin consumption only. The bottles you pay corkage on can be consumed anywhere on the ship. Just make sure that the sticker is on them.

You can still bring all the soda, water, etc. That you can CARRY ON (wine is also carry on).

You can order just about anything for your cabin - whether it be wine, liquor, etc. Prices are on the HAL site. Just log in, select your cruise and indulgences/beverages and you will see the list and various prices.

You can also order when you get on board.

If you happen to be a 3 or 4* mariner, remember that the mini bar and wine packages (Navigator and Admiral) are at a discount. (25% for 3* and 50% for 4*).

You can order the wine packages for delivery to your room on line or on board if you so desire or, even have a portion of your package sent to your room.

Carol, you can bring one bottle of wine on pp (up to two people in the cabin) without charge. You can bring additional bottles of wine on board at embarkation or in ports provided you will pay the $18 corkage (or HAL will store them for you).

Now, the "free" bottle operates by the old rules - in cabin consumption only. The bottles you pay corkage on can be consumed anywhere on the ship. Just make sure that the sticker is on them.

You can still bring all the soda, water, etc. That you can CARRY ON (wine is also carry on).

You can order just about anything for your cabin - whether it be wine, liquor, etc. Prices are on the HAL site. Just log in, select your cruise and indulgences/beverages and you will see the list and various prices.

If you happen to be a 3 or 4* mariner, remember that the mini bar and wine packages (Navigator and Admiral) are at a discount. (25% for 3* and 50% for 4*).

You can order the wine packages for delivery to your room on line or on board if you so desire or, even have a portion of your package sent to your room.

Our problem is that we live in Spain where wine, even very good wine, is very cheap. The person I am travelling with will have a fit if I tell him that, in addition to the cost of the wine, we will have to pay $18 corkage - lol

Looks like my liver will have a bit of a holiday as well as me.

Our problem is that we live in Spain where wine, even very good wine, is very cheap. The person I am travelling with will have a fit if I tell him that, in addition to the cost of the wine, we will have to pay $18 corkage - lol

Looks like my liver will have a bit of a holiday as well as me.

I know. That's why when we are in Spain we bring wine on and pay corkage. We can't get a lot of the varieties in Canada and, even if we could the price would be much higher ;)

So, we are the reverse and happily pay the corkage.

Are there other brands not shown on the list which can be ordered? DH doesn't like either of the gins. Too perfumey.

I'm with you on your gin taste. I know when we were on the N Amsterdam in September, they didn't have Beefeaters. Sob! Sob!

Here is the price list for Embarkation Day as well as during the cruise:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Spirits-and-Beer-for-Stateroom.pdf

That is really helpful, many thanks for taking the time to provide the link. My initial thoughts are HAL have priced these drinks fairly, they have to make a profit after all.

There are 3 adults in our suite, can't we each bring one bottle?

There are 3 adults in our suite, can't we each bring one bottle?

I think you can. the policy used to have a different wording.

Here is the link to the policy on HAL's webiste:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Shipboard%20Life&contentMenu=Onboard%20Policies&contentSubMenu=Can%20I%20Bring%20Alcoholic%20Beverages%20Onboard#

Thanks for the info. Each person 21 or older (various ages per country regulations) can bring one bottle in our carry on, so we can bring 3 in our carry ons. We can bring more, but will be subject to the $18.

"Gin and Tonic" is on the HA site for a cheaper price and I think it still a liter of booze. I have gotten Beefeater before (several years ago).

DD

The bottles are still one litre.

Important consideration as often they are 750 ml here.