Smoke Stack Demolition Port Everglades-6:45 AM EDT July 16

aliaschief

This coming Tuesday morning you can join this thread and watch live the demolition of the Smoke Stacks in Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, FL. A true landmark for those who have sailed out/in to Port Everglades.

Port Everglades web cam will be covering the event.

It is due to go BOOM at 6:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time!!!:eek:

If your an early riser get a cup of coffee and join us. PJ"s and Robes optional!:rolleyes:

It will be a Sail Away-Addict Reunion.:)

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Chief:cool:

So glad you posted this. I had no idea they were coming down! I used to live in the area and while I only sailed out of that port twice, the stacks were certainly a landmark for me. Always saw them on the way to the airport. I know I am getting old when even the change of losing an "eyesore" is upsetting.;) I am not an early riser, but will try to get up and watch.

Thanks for starting the thread Chief:D

I was hoping you would:D

I will be here - not too early in the Maritimes - especially with the dogs to get me up;)

I really wanted to be there for this but it will be 11.45am in the UK and I will be working :(

I'll have to catch up when I get home and watch it on You Tube I suppose. I'll look in to read the thread and see what I missed.

Have fun everyone. I'm having sail away withdrawal:o

Mumsy.

Thanks for posting that info aliaschief. How do you know these things?:confused: I'll be watching for sure.:)

There was another thread on this plus saw it on WC FB page.

Main reason? I'm a addict.:D

Poster "Mariner" started a thread Saturday night advising us the stacks are coming down.

There was another thread on this plus saw it on WC FB page.

Main reason? I'm a addict.:D

LOL, Chief! That you are...so am I. I will try to be here...I'm not usually up til 7, but I'll try my best!

I will try to be there. Does it start at 6:45 or go boom at 6:45? Will there be four booms or one big boom? Will I have time to go out and get donuts before it goes boom?

Kathy - the demolition is set for 6:45 but I would suggest you may want to be on earlier - not sure about the booms:D

Does anyone know what company is doing the demolition? There's a very well known company called "Controlled Demolition, Inc." that does a lot of demo work. They took down our City Hall and a couple of smokestacks here in El Paso in April. (missed it live since we were on the Statendam going thru the Panama Canal).

Archived