Gift from Azamara

Bluebury

We sailed with Azamara in SE Asia a few months ago. I had read somewhere that you get a gift on your return but had also read on this forum that many people had not received a gift even after several Azamara voyages so was not expecting anything.

I was surprised to receive a small package a couple of weeks ago delivered to my home. Not having ordered anything so not expecting anything I was hesitant when I opened it. The package contained a gift from Azamara as a welcome home. This was unexpected but very appreciated.

We have in our house a wall and when we go away on holiday we try to buy a small photograph, painting or piece of art to go on that wall. Every time that we look at it there are so many memories. We have put the thoughtful gift that we received from Azamara on that wall and when I look at it I always have a smile on my face and a warm feeling inside.

Thank you Azamara - you really are special.

My understanding of the gifts given out with Le Club Voyage is that they are specific to gaining status from taking an Azamara cruise. If you are using reciprocity from Celebrity Captain's Club or Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor for your status or take a cruise with them rather than Azamara to move level then you won't get a gift.

Phil

You are correct Phil, we have always been at the Discoverer level from our first Azamara cruise by dint of being Elite by that stage on Celebrity.

It is nice that new cruisers to the group/line are being recognised, its no big deal the old hands get nowt for me

I think the Explorers get passport covers if I have read correctly elsewhere

My understanding of the gifts given out with Le Club Voyage is that they are specific to gaining status from taking an Azamara cruise. If you are using reciprocity from Celebrity Captain's Club or Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor for your status or take a cruise with them rather than Azamara to move level then you won't get a gift.

Phil

Understood. We weren't Elite/didn't have reciprocity status when we started cruising on Azamara, and also were not Elite when the new Le Club Voyage program started.

We had previously sailed twice with Celebrity and then this was our first cruise with Azamara. Our journey (pun intended) in February of this year and as I said earlier our gift arrived a few weeks ago.

It is a small painting of an Azamara ship (still white hull) in a frame. Now many of you will probably think that is boring, naff or any other number of negative opinions but for our wall and our memories it was perfect.

Thank you again Azamara.

:(

We only did a tidgy widgy little 2 night celebrity. I was waiting for my Aza gift :(

You will only get a gift if the cruise you took on Azamara took you to the next level; ie if it takes you to 5 or 10 points ( or if it is the very first cruise you took with ACC. If you have already been on X then you will have already started in the loyalty programme.).

If you board with 4 points from your X cruises and the ACC cruise gives you 2 points, you will then have 6, so will have passed the 5 point threshold, and therefore will get the gift.

If you board with 7 points and your ACC cruise gives you 2 points you will then have 9 so you will not be on a new tier and will not have crossed any threshold so you will not be getting a gift. Simples.

Needless to say, if it is a cruise on X that takes you over the 5/10 points threshold then you don't get a gift from ACC.

You will only get a gift if the cruise you took on Azamara took you to the next level; ie if it takes you to 5 or 10 points ( or if it is the very first cruise you took with ACC. If you have already been on X then you will have already started in the loyalty programme.).

If you board with 4 points from your X cruises and the ACC cruise gives you 2 points, you will then have 6, so will have passed the 5 point threshold, and therefore will get the gift.

If you board with 7 points and your ACC cruise gives you 2 points you will then have 9 so you will not be on a new tier and will not have crossed any threshold so you will not be getting a gift. Simples.

Needless to say, if it is a cruise on X that takes you over the 5/10 points threshold then you don't get a gift from ACC.

Explained with a working example which is better than I did and easier to understand!

Phil

Well, we reached the magic 10 points on our Azamara cruise in April and no sign of the "gift" so far. We had earlier reached 5 points on an Azamara cruise in 2011 and, guess what - no gift.:)

I rang Le Club Voyage in the UK about a month ago but they didn't seem to know anything about the scheme. They told me that they would contact Miami and get back to me - I'm still waiting. :)

I would be interested to know if anyone in the UK has ever received anything from Azamara. I suspect this scheme applies to the US only, although it doesn't actually say so anywhere.

Well, we reached the magic 10 points on our Azamara cruise in April and no sign of the "gift" so far. We had earlier reached 5 points on an Azamara cruise in 2011 and, guess what - no gift.:)

I rang Le Club Voyage in the UK about a month ago but they didn't seem to know anything about the scheme. They told me that they would contact Miami and get back to me - I'm still waiting. :)

I would be interested to know if anyone in the UK has ever received anything from Azamara. I suspect this scheme applies to the US only, although it doesn't actually say so anywhere.

Yes I am in the UK and I got my gift. It was posted from the US though. I'd call again and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Previously, we had one Celebrity cruise in Concierge class, which I believe was worth two points, next AZ for 1 point, upcoming AZ 1 point, so presumably, then we'll move up a level and get a gift?

2+1+1 = 4 in my book! so it will be after another Az cruise that you will reach 5 and get the gift (so long as that 5th point is earnt on Az)

Hi Phil,

We are fine and looking forward to the Quest again for the Oct. 23 and Nov. 2 b2b cruises!! We were on the Quest to the Baltic in June and it was just wonderful!!! We stayed 3 days in London prior to the cruise and were thinking of you and Helen!!

I also notice Jade has responded here! Hope you are well!!

It is interesting to note how many are NOT getting gifts!!! LOL Still want an upgrade!!

Anne

We took our first Azamara cruise last October, live in the USA, and never have sailed on any other ship in the RCL/Celebrity/Azamara family (because our previous four cruises all were on Oceania), but we still have not received any first-time cruiser gift.

However, (1) we had a great shipboard experience; (2) we sail again on Quest next month; and (3) we finally have begun receiving print brochures (after almost a year of requesting them).

Hi, Bill Leiber: we are in the midst of redecorating our den/library, so we would be more than happy to have an Azamara painting to hang on the wall. :)

Pam

We sailed for the first time with Azamara in June and were at Discoverer level on the back of being Elite with Celebrity.

We were joined on board by my mother and one of her friends, neither of whom have any RCI group loyalty status.

My mother told me today that on Friday she received an Azamara stainless steel water flask as a welcome home gift. She totally bemused when I explained that this was her welcome gift, and even more baffled that she was receiving a gift and we probably wouldn't.

Glad the Azamara gift, post cruise, has been explained. I have been on 2 Azamara cruises and wondered what I had done to blot my copybook as there

was no gift received after either cruise.

Now I know: and I won't be expecting one later this year, either.

Archived