Here are photos of Grand Princess premium ocean view rooms

lindabaz

These are photos of L306 (Lido deck), just behind the pizza station. There are three premium ocean view rooms and the Grand Suite inside a private entryway. The entryway has two doors, one opening directly into the hallway and the other immediately inside the glass doors onto Lido deck.:

SUC51665_zps5b654c76.jpg

SUC51667_zps987cb090.jpg

SUC51668_zps7bdb3cc2.jpg

SUC51669_zpsc12a73f2.jpg

SUC51666_zpsffc92b6a.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Never knew these existed. Only on the Grand Princess or all Grand class ships. Nice cabin.
There are two very similar cabins, S702 and S704, that were added along with 10 full suites aft on the Sun deck (15) on the Golden during her 2009 drydock. Could be a nice place for kids if parents booked one if the suites.

The Grand is the only ship with these cabins forward on Lido deck (14). On the Golden and later Grand class ships there are only balcony and inside cabins on Lido deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I booked one of these cabins for our Christmas cruise to Hawaii. So nice to see pictures of how our room will look. I am so fair skinned that I really don't give a rats butt about a balcony. I love the big windows! Besides I am only steps away from the outdoors and pizza.

Is the bathroom standard? Smallish stall shower, friendly shower curtain? Oddly enough there was a price reduction on our sailing and from what I could see this was one of the few cabin categories that was reduced.

Thanks for posting these pictures! I noticed the 2 cabins on the Golden's Sun Deck and wondered what they looked like. As someone up thread posted, these are probably representative of the Golden's cabins as well.

Thanks!

These are photos of S704. The only other cabins back there on the Sun Deck are 10 suites. These two cabins are finished off like the suites with more wood, granite counter tops, better light fixtures, etc. The windows also go all the way to the floor. The bathrooms are just as small as every other oceanview cabin.

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

Outside view of the two cabin's windows.

Golden+Princess+S702+and+S704.jpg

There is also a nice seating area with lounge chairs just out side of the hallway door. It is just one deck down to the back of the Horizon Court.

Sun+Deck+Lounge+Chairs.JPG

Edited by IECalCruiser

These are photos of S704. The only other cabins back there on the Sun Deck are 10 suites. These two cabins are finished off like the suites with more wood, granite counter tops, better light fixtures, etc. The windows also go all the way to the floor. The bathrooms are just as small as every other oceanview cabin.

Thanks for posting those too! After I responded to this thread I did a search and found these same pictures for the Golden. I have a mini suite booked for Alaska but every time I see this cabin available, I stop and think about how much money I could save and still have a great view. I like the fact that you're close to open decks for outdoor viewing, as well as the buffet and bar.

I've never sailed without a balcony, and don't know if Alaska is a good place to try an inside, but this cabin might make me change my mind. My concern is that the weather will be too cool to use the balcony anyway.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Thanks for the pics - we are in L304 on the 3/15 sailing, glad to see a good photo of the rooms. Princess was actually nice enough to contact the ship and send a photo as the website doesn't accurately show these rooms - but yours are much better.

Price wise these actually weren't better than a balcony on our sailing, I think it was equal - but the fact we probably won't be using a balcony much with temps topping out in the 60's and the location makes it unbeatable to us.

Just went to the Princess site and checked out a bunch of sailing dates for Golden trying to get an idea of how these rooms are priced but deck 15 ocean view is sold out on all of the ones I checked. Apparently a lot of folks know about these cabins so they go fast. :)

Just went to the Princess site and checked out a bunch of sailing dates for Golden trying to get an idea of how these rooms are priced but deck 15 ocean view is sold out on all of the ones I checked. Apparently a lot of folks know about these cabins so they go fast. :)
Those Sun deck cabins could be nice if you are sailing in one of the suites and you are traveling with children and at least one is 16 years or older.

• 1 year later...

Those particular ocean view cabins on the Golden are priced higher than a balcony!!!

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the pics - we are in L304 on the 3/15 sailing, glad to see a good photo of the rooms. Princess was actually nice enough to contact the ship and send a photo as the website doesn't accurately show these rooms - but yours are much better.

Price wise these actually weren't better than a balcony on our sailing, I think it was equal - but the fact we probably won't be using a balcony much with temps topping out in the 60's and the location makes it unbeatable to us.

I would book one of these (6) cabins in a snap if one was available when I book our next Alaska cruise. As I mentioned earlier, I did book one last year for a Hawaii cruise but got upsold to a window suite. I am still looking forward to giving one a try. And yes, the price was very similar to the balconies in the same area but a balcony is not what we wanted.

As for the ones on the Grand that are just behind the Pizza station and Trident Grill, did you notice any noise from the sun deck above? We were right under the Trident Grill once ... never again. Just wondering if these were just as noisy.