Look! What was in Our Local Paper Today...

FRMPEI

This was a 1/2 page ad that appeared in Saturday's "The Guardian" July 19/14. Ad was so big I had to scan in two parts to fit on my scanner.

CE2014_AD_Top-XL.jpg

CE2014_AD_Bot-XL.jpg

Our travel agent told us that Canadian North was doing the Air Charter not sure if they are doing the other Canadian Cities. This look like a pretty good deal and love the idea of charter. Last year Transat stopped their direct charters form Halifax to Ft Lauderdale.

Thank You Celebrity for think that the Maritimes is worthy of these charters. Looks like will will probably book Celebrity Silhouette eastern early March rather than the 10 day Equinox.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

not sure if they are doing the other Canadian Cities. This look like a pretty good deal and love the idea of charter. Last year Transat stopped their direct charters form Halifax to Ft Lauderdale.

Yes, I saw one for London Ontario and a few others..

We are in Texas and got an email about it last Monday. Found it strange too.

Kevin, not knowing what you up there have to go thru, by your post, I guess this a good package?

Edited by wallie5446

I don't know if that is a good bargain. I see a on line TA has a the cheapest veranda for $2269 and it includes taxes, gratuiities and the driink pack for two passengers for the cruises on the Reflection.. That still leaves a huge amount left over for the air and transfers, and I would rather take a cab to and from airport than wait on a bus, and also found it not only more convienent but cheaper. The non stop flight may be the big draw. Don't know how much flights are from Halifax or if they are non stop.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

Celebrity did this at the same time this year from multiple cities and it looks as though they added a couple for the next round.

I am a travel agent and had the opportunity to join the group from Ottawa. I too prefer flying in the day before but since it is a Celebrity chartered flight, there is no major worry about the ship leaving without you or the remainder of the plane. Our flight was actually quite delayed taking off in March and delayed again when landing in FL due to thunderstorms.

It is great to have everything all included, including your transfers and yes the prices quoted are in CAD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to disagree with "sister first cruise". Just because the charter flight was done by celebrity they will not hold the ship if there is a delay. We have experienced that first hand. We were delayed and one we got into Fort Lauderdale we had 30 minutes to make the ship. Celebrity got us to the ship with 5 minutes to spare and no luggage. Luggage arrived 2 days later. They have to think of the other passengers on board. A Celebrity spokesperson gave a sales pitch here in London. He said every effort would be made to get you to the ship but depending on the weather could not totally guarantee getting to the ship on time.

Having said all of this, I do think it is a convenient package and priced fairly. But I will continue to fly the day before rather then risk missing the ship.

Yes ... saw this ad in my local paper last week too and I didn't think it sounded pricey if you consider the alternative.

Balcony cabin cost plus ....

Gratuities

Hotel (before and/or after)

Taxi/Transfer - Airport to Hotel to Ship and back

Flight Costs with food and drink included and 2 checked bags

Not doing air transfer/customs or sitting in another airport along the way (not many nonstop anymore) ... major headache, not to mention constant flight scheduling changes, especially love an unplanned overnight due to such changes at my cost (just happened)

Ship drinks included (sweet)

Peace of mind for those that find the "getting to and from" the ship overwhelming

And even though there is risk of missing the ship in bad weather they would be responsible to get you to the ship next port (and on my own yes I fly in day before)

Oh and add to that the added perk of being on a plane with other people that are all hyped up to go on a similar trip ... feels like vacation immediately.

Sounds like a pretty good offereing to me, if not for myself perhaps for others I know that can't seem to handle the bits and pieces of cruise planning. Smart marketing Celebrity!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would take them on it if I didn't already have my next couple cruises decided and not enticed enough to change but there is still time to ponder.

Only thing that could make this even better were if they were to park a ship here instead ... would love to remove the need to fly anywhere first day. Guess I'll have to move to enjoy that. :)

Only thing that could make this even better were if they were to park a ship here instead ... would love to remove the need to fly anywhere first day. Guess I'll have to move to enjoy that. :)

Now you are talking that would be SUPER SWEET.

What some of our American friends don't realize is how expensive it is for us Canadian to fly. We don't have a "Southwest Airlines" here in Canada. We are already pricing flights to Fort Lauderdale and easily hitting the $800 spot return. Plus add to that $25/person for your first bag of luggage and then add to that $25 more to reserve your seat. That is $50/person times 2 for roundtrip. ($200 per couple).

Last March for the first time we flew in two days early which was less stressful but added cost of two nights Hotel room plus eats. I am loving this Celebrity deal more and more and it is a very attractive package for us Maritimers. So much so that we already sent our e-mail to our TA to book Silhouette for March 1 for four.

THANK YOU CELEBRITY

Regards

Kevin Reid

Celebrity offered this out of Hamilton, Ontario last year, and again this year it is in our local newspaper weekly, again out of Hamilton - - only on the Reflection and it includes air.....

• 1 month later...
Celebrity offered this out of Hamilton, Ontario last year, and again this year it is in our local newspaper weekly, again out of Hamilton - - only on the Reflection and it includes air.....

Do you know anyone that took them up on the offer last year? Would love to hear others first hand experiences/thoughts on this.

They have it on the Celebrity site now.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/canada-vacation-package?icid=hp_cr1_bkndg_1401_topg_lk_935896

On here in the fine print appears it's US$ so be interesting to see the final tally CAD$ when all said and done. Still considering this package for end of March but will at least wait until I've sailed first time with them in November. Soooo enticing!

The offer was available out of Ottawa last year, and I have seen the ad for similar cruises this year. After crunching the numbers we realized that it was no cheaper (and likely less flexible) than booking the cruise and airfare on our own, since we are fortunate enough to have a number of airlines (and airports) to choose from.

Also, from the description given by a local travel agent who has a weekly radio show, the flights are not necessarily charters but regularly scheduled departures on which Celebrity has booked a certain number of seats, so availability is limited (and not all passengers would be fellow cruisers).

It may be worth it for peace of mind, and for those who don't want to extend their stay before or after the cruise.

We started seeing these ads in Ottawa at the end of last year. My personal feeling is that you are paying a premium for this "all inclusive" product but for some people it's worth it.

A lot comes down to how cheap a flight you can find and how much time you are willing to put into it. Comparing what I can do on my own to what is offered in Ottawa it would be about $250 more per person.

I have friends who like the idea of one stop shopping and think this offer is great.

All in all it's a good idea however.

We have been on many Celebrity cruises. We were just thrilled to see that they were offering a package out of Hamilton. So we decided to go out of Hamilton this past April. We wanted to go in March but they were sold out. I have to tell you it was the best thing we could have done.

We are 10 min. from the airport and did not have to drive to Toronto or Buffalo. With the weather being what it is during the winter months we did not have to go to the departure city the night before which would mean paying extra fir hotel parking and meals or go to Florida a day or two before the cruise.

Our son drove us to the airport 2 hours before our flight.

I was somewhat apprehensive of what to expect as this was the first time that the package was being offered.

When we got to the airport the reps for Celebrity were there and we were checked in without a long delay. They had chartered a airline Canadian North that I had not heard of before this cruise. They service was excellent the food very good by airline standards. They serve you breakfast going to Florida and dinner coming back. They also serve all drinks coffee,tea,alcohol and soda. They give you ear phones to watch a movie as well. All thus us included in your package. When we arrived in Miami there were Celebrity reps there to tell us when we were to meet the buses. The driver took all of the luggage and loaded the buses and we were off to the port.

The cruise itself was wonderful. Post cruise the buses were there to take us back to the airport for our flight home. We were so impressed we are booked to go on another cruise this winter out if Hamilton.

Is it not cheaper to do it this route but it is less stressful and everything is done for you. Plus if the weather being what it can be if they cannot fly out they would make other arrangements. If you are thinking of going on a cruise this winter than I would give this one a try. I don't think that you would be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk