Liquor purchase first night?

suds

I was on the Voyager a few years back and they had a liquor special the first night. I think you take one bottle to your cabin with no extra charge on the first night of the cruise. Does anyone know if they still do this? Thanks

I was on the Voyager a few years back and they had a liquor special the first night. I think you take one bottle to your cabin with no extra charge on the first night of the cruise. Does anyone know if they still do this? Thanks

Don't believe this special is available. There may be liquor specials, but if you wish to take it to your room, there will be a $9.50/bottle consumption fee added to the price.

Bruce

Either different ships have different specials or RCI has different specials that rotate through all the ships. Each time we've sailed, there has been some sort of liquor store first night sale.

The last one I remember was the sale on Explorer. If you bought a bottle to take to your room, they'd toss in a bottle of vodka for free to be delivered to your room on the last night, or, you could pay the consuption fee and take it with you. It was an inexpensive brand and I had no use for it but let them deliver it to our room anyway. I told the cabin steward I had no use for it and let him do with it as he pleased.

I really can't recall the other cruises as I didn't bother to visit the store with the intent of making a purchase. Next October when we're in the Med, I'll stop buy and pick up something to provide me with a night cap each evening. I hope the special is more special than that free bottle of cheap vodka.

I have read numerous threads concerning this subject. The only thing I am certain of is that the fee for taking liquer back to your room is $9.50

My questions would be, to anyone who knows:), Thanks!

1. Is the $9.50 per botlle?

2. Is there a limmit to the # of bottles?

3. Is it only on the first night?

Oh and is is it crazy busy in the store the first night, not making it worth the effort:eek:

Thanks to anyone who can help

I have read numerous threads concerning this subject. The only thing I am certain of is that the fee for taking liquer back to your room is $9.50

My questions would be, to anyone who knows:), Thanks!

1. Is the $9.50 per botlle?YES

2. Is there a limmit to the # of bottles? NO

3. Is it only on the first night?]YES

Oh and is is it crazy busy in the store the first night, not making it worth the effort:eek: NO

Carol

We were on Voyager in March. We bought our liquor for cabin consumption on the first night...no deals and no waiving of the consumption fee although the price of liquor is cheap compared to home. We never did buy any more for cabin consumption that week (bought enough to float the ship the first night:D ) so I don't know if you can buy after the first night for cabin consumption. The store wasn't busy, we bought during the main seating in the dining room.

Is it worth it to pay the fee? Meaning, is it really less expensive after that fee to buy a bottle and make your own drinks rather than just buying drinks at the bar??

It is way cheaper. At least it was for me, I drink Tanguery or Sapphire and Tonic. The bottle cost about $13 on board which is very cheap and then the $9.50 to take it to the room. This pretty much game me an afternoon drink, a drink before dinner and a drink after dinner every night of the cruise. The bar price for a call drink was about $5.50 each.

Yes, you can purchase a bottle to take back to your room any day...the last day they did not charge me to take it back to my room...

I thought the prices were excellent, and still cheaper than back home, even with the $9.50 per bottle.

I posted this several months ago...click here for original thread:

They charge $9.50 per bottle to take it back to your cabin. There are no mixers for sale, other than cokes and fruit juices, by the glass of course.

Liquor is a very good deal though. For example, here are some prices from my recent cruise:

Absolut Vodka, 1Liter: $11.95 or 2 for $19.95

Bacardi or Bacardi Gold Rum, 1Liter: $9.95 or 2 for $16.95

Dewar's White Lable Scotch, 1Liter: $13.95

Bombay Sapphire Gin, 1Liter: $14.95

Tanqueray Gin, 1Liter: $13.95 or 2 for $24.95

On the last day, they allowed me to take my purchases back to the cabin, of course there was little damage I could do at that point (in terms of impacting my Seapass account I mean)

By any chance do you know if they carry Chambord (??spelling??) ?

Nancy, I am 99.99% certain that they do NOT have Chambord in the shop, because I bought a bottle in St. Thomas, and I don't THINK that I would have done that if they had had it on the ship. Just a hazy memory, mind you.

Carol

Carol is correct here, except you can purchase any wine from the wine menu, and have it delivered to your stateroom. Expect to pay the corkage fee.

Rick

Now, Rick, that just DOESN'T sound right. How can they charge you the corkage fee when you DO purchase the wine from them? How is this any different from ordering the wine IN the dining room? Is the price different depending on whether you are ordering from THEIR menu in the dining room or for in-room delivery????

Carol :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well I guess that may be one more item I may have to pack then. ;)

Nancy, I am 99.99% certain that they do NOT have Chambord in the shop, because I bought a bottle in St. Thomas, and I don't THINK that I would have done that if they had had it on the ship. Just a hazy memory, mind you.

Carol

Is it worth it to pay the fee? Meaning, is it really less expensive after that fee to buy a bottle and make your own drinks rather than just buying drinks at the bar??

Anything I've checked it's been cheaper or about the same price. The cheaper the liquor the less advantage in pricing but, you don't have to make room to pack it if you buy it in the store.

There was a post recently from someone that said Jim Beam was higher to purchase on the ship and pay the consumption fee. I don't know if they took into consideration that the bottles on the ship or 30% larger than the normal bottles in the liquor store at home (1000 ml versus 750 ml).

I wanted to get clarification on the wine. They do not have it in the store, correct? I believe the bottles you can have sent to your room start in the $25.00 area. Are you saying that you have to pay the $9.50 corkage fee on top of that? Are these small bottles of wine or 1.5 L bottles? I really don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to bring a bottle or two on board, but $34.50 (after the fee) for the cheapest bottle of wine is a bit much!

Archived