International Cafe

majortom10

The egg, cheese and ham (I've never seen sausage) sandwich is adequate if you are in a hurry and just want something hot, with no regard for quality. It goes straight from freezer to convection oven to your plate; you are better off ordering it from room service as the transit time in the covered tray gives the sandwich a little more time to be evenly warm. And room service will bring you butter/jelly/cream cheese/etc when nothing of the sort is available at the IC to mitigate how extremely dry the English muffin is--which is to me a fatal flaw of the IC: a seemingly lovely collection of breakfast breads which you have no choice but to eat hard and dry.

The egg, cheese and ham (I've never seen sausage) sandwich is adequate if you are in a hurry and just want something hot.....

Same here. We're just off Ruby (January 2015) and there was only the egg, cheese, and ham. Not one with sausage.

LuLu

Does anyone know what the iced coffee situation is at the IC? (I'll be on the Coral, if it matters) I know its been asked before, but the latest thread I could find on it was from 2011. I'm an iced addict...can I get plain iced coffee (and would it cost a punch) or do I have to get iced lattes?

Does anyone know what the iced coffee situation is at the IC? (I'll be on the Coral, if it matters) I know its been asked before, but the latest thread I could find on it was from 2011. I'm an iced addict...can I get plain iced coffee (and would it cost a punch) or do I have to get iced lattes?

You can get regular iced brewed coffee at the IC, if your coffee card was purchased on the cruise that you are on it would not have a punch taken as brewed coffee and tea are unlimited on the cruise that you purchased your coffee card on. Otherwise a punch would be used for it if you card was from a different cruise.

I personally am OK with coffee in the Buffet made from the coffee concentrate, either iced or hot. (I am not a big coffee drinker most of the time, and I use a lot of cream/milk with sweet & low, so YMMV on the flavor/taste of the concentrated coffee!) The brewed coffee is really good Iced, so I do sometimes go that route though!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

They have brewed coffee which I'm sure they'd be delighted to serve over ice for you. If you've bought your coffee card on the voyage you're currently on, brewed coffee is free when you show the card. If the coffee card is old, don't waste a punch -- brewed coffee only costs about $1, so you're better off just paying for it. Or getting your iced coffee from the HC where it's free.

The egg, cheese and ham (I've never seen sausage) sandwich is adequate if you are in a hurry and just want something hot, with no regard for quality. It goes straight from freezer to convection oven to your plate; you are better off ordering it from room service as the transit time in the covered tray gives the sandwich a little more time to be evenly warm. And room service will bring you butter/jelly/cream cheese/etc when nothing of the sort is available at the IC to mitigate how extremely dry the English muffin is--which is to me a fatal flaw of the IC: a seemingly lovely collection of breakfast breads which you have no choice but to eat hard and dry.

I don't remember seeing a convention oven, but did see a sandwich press. No, the sandwiches weren't made fresh from scratch before your eyes, but I had them several times during the two weeks I was aboard Royal Princess and rather enjoyed them. Quick and tasty. I also had the same sandwich from Room Service, and it really wasn't any better in quality due to its transit time.

As for "no regard to quality", I'm sure most of the items served at the International Cafe don't compare to a local bakery shop or breakfast restaurant, but there wasn't a single item that I ate from there that I did not enjoy. Gourmet? No. Tasty, with a cup of cappuccino or coffee? Yes, indeedy.

:D