cruise from newyork

smiley555

Hi, I am searching for cruise lines from new york. This year we have decided to go for cruise. But due to work commitments we won’t be able to go for long cruises. We are looking in to 10-15 day cruises. We found this small ship cruise from new york to montreal with blount small ship adventures which suits our plans. Please recommend us some other cruise lines. Thank you.

Hi, I am searching for cruise lines from new york. This year we have decided to go for cruise. But due to work commitments we won’t be able to go for long cruises. We are looking in to 10-15 day cruises. We found this small ship cruise from new york to montreal with blount small ship adventures which suits our plans. Please recommend us some other cruise lines. Thank you.

Many of the mainstream cruise lines sail seasonally from NYC. HAL, Cunard, NCL, Carnival, Princess, RCI are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Most of these are 7 day cruises, but you could do two back to back for your 14 requirement. Is this your first cruise? Are you interested in cruising in the future? While I admire Blount for operating US flag ships, their small ships do not have the same level of service as found on the major cruise lines, and is a totally different experience. So, if you go with Blount, and love it or hate it, do not equate it to deep sea, mainstream cruising.

I agree. Blount will not give you a true cruise experience. The cruise lines mentioned also do 7 days going to the Caribbean and Bermuda. The ships often have more then one swimming pools , hot tubs, entertainment on the Lido deck (outside pool deck) on Sea days, choice of night time activities, an outside area with pool and or hot tub just for adults and a fantastic crew.

Ships may have 10 day crises but we've only cruised from NY once so don't know who does longer cruises. On a Back to back (B2B) you actually go on two cruises. You stay on the ship for the 2nd cruise. When we have done this the 2nd cruse goes to different ports- one Eastern, next Western.

Google 'cruises from New York' and you will have lots of choices. Go to a travel agent who specializes in cruises and can answer all your questions. You can also ask questions here. And go to the ports section here to see about different ports.

Edited by Bonnie J.

For 10-15 day cruises you want something that is going to fit YOUR needs perfectly. A travel agent who specializes in cruising is invaluable in situations like this and won't cost you a cent (they may even get you real savings on a cruise). Start there to narrow down your options, then come back here with specific questions they might not be able to answer.

The New York market is (sadly) very limited. With few occasional exceptions, there are just three ships regularly sailing from New York: two Norwegian Cruise Line ships: Gem - carrying about 2,500 passengers and one of their huge ships (about 4,000) sailing from Manhattan, and a huge Royal Caribbean ship sailing from Bayonne, NJ.

It is unfortunate that such a large potential market is offered so little choice.

Cunard offers a 5-day round trip from New York to Halifax and Boston and back to New York, typically July 1-5th each year. It's the formal ocean liner Queen Mary 2 and suited for those who want to experience traditional ocean liner travel. It's unsuited for those who think dressing for dinner is a chore.

Cunard also offers a 14-nighter in Sept 27-Oct 11 with ports in New England, Canada, and an overnight in Quebec before returning to New York. Again, keep in mind that Cunard is known for maintaining its formal nights so skip this if that's not your cup of tea. (White Glove afternoon tea service that is.)

I agree. Blount will not give you a true cruise experience. .

Since when is a small ship cruise not a "true" cruise experience? Agreed that some of the over-the-top stuff that megaships have are not available on small ships. However, the small ship experience is more intimate. You get to know your fellow passengers. You get to know the crew members. You can go up to the bridge any time you like and chat with the officers on watch.

Give me that over a ship with 5000 fellow passengers and yet another supposedly wonderful new feature. Just my opinion but to me any ship over 1000 passengers or so is way to large.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Since when is a small ship cruise not a "true" cruise experience? Agreed that some of the over-the-top stuff that megaships have are not available on small ships. However, the small ship experience is more intimate. You get to know your fellow passengers. You get to know the crew members. You can go up to the bridge any time you like and chat with the officers on watch.

Give me that over a ship with 5000 fellow passengers and yet another supposedly wonderful new feature. Just my opinion but to me any ship over 1000 passengers or so is way to large.

DON

Agree, our cruise 2 summers ago on the about 700 passenger Ocean Princess in the British Isles was one of our best.

About the only thing I missed was not having Anytime Dining available. However, since one of the reasons I enjoy that is to meet many passengers, it was not missed as much as we got to really get to know several of our fellow cruisers (and crew as well).

Our unfriendliest cruise was on the extremely large NCL Epic in the Western Mediterranean. No one even wanted to share tables in the dining room. NCL actually apologized at the cirq de' soleil dinner theater that you had to share a table with others. We still enjoyed the cruise as my DW, world's finest elementary art teacher, finally got to see the great city of Florence.

Edited by ontheweb
added last paragraph