Sold out.....cabins opening up right before final payment?

BaileyandBella

Hi all....

I am already booked, but hoping to move my cabin closer to my kids cabin. Nothing has opened up in weeks. Final payment is soon, just wondering if cabins usually open up, or if most people end up cruising :)

Thanks

It's very common for cabins to open up once it's final payment time. For my upcoming cruise, it appeared sold out for weeks, and then once we were past final payment, there were cabins available in almost every category. Good luck!!

There are always some people who do not make final payment.

Call your Cruise Line often the days just before final payment is due.

If you have a TA, request they assist in determining if there are any cabins that would interest you.

If any TA's have unsold cabins that they've been holding, they turn them back over to the cruise line after the final payment date. The day after final payment date is your best time to check.;)

Actually for some cruise lines, you must notify them of cancellation the day before final payment is due or you can be penalized as notifying them during penalty period.

I strongly suggest contacting the cruise line starting two days prior to final payment and then repeatedly during the next several days.

I have just been going into their website each day (as if to make a new booking)......is calling a better option, or are their websites always current?

I have found RCI's website to be very current...within minutes (or seconds) of me changing cabins, the cabin that I gave up was showing as available.

And if you ask to be put on the waitlist, let them know if you want to be waitlisted for a particular type of cabin or would be willing to take anything. For instance, some people might not be willing to sail in an inside cabin and others would not want to pay for a suite.

A cabin opened this morning and I jumped on it. Not as close as I wanted, but it's better than it was.

:)

Congratulations. Happy you have gotten a cabin located closer to where you want. Who knows but another even better could still free up.

Thank you for letting us know the 'update'. :)