Just returned from Crown Princess 7 Day California Coastal. Photos.

WehoAtlantis

Hi all!

Just returned from Crown Princess on a 7 day California Coastal Cruise that included Los Angeles (San Pedro), San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Encenada. For those interested, I've included some Princess Patter info, menu's and plenty of photos from our cruise. I'm in the process of labeling the pics and they should be finished by the end of the weekend. Hope you enjoy if you haven't been on Crown or are just interested. It is the last album in my sets.

--Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotsauce34/sets/

Hi all!

Just returned from Crown Princess on a 7 day California Coastal Cruise that included Los Angeles (San Pedro), San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Encenada. For those interested, I've included some Princess Patter info, menu's and plenty of photos from our cruise. I'm in the process of labeling the pics and they should be finished by the end of the weekend. Hope you enjoy if you haven't been on Crown or are just interested. It is the last album in my sets.

--Mike

Great photos & a very comprehensive photo journal of your CA Coastal cruise.

We're boarding in 3 weeks and eagerly anticipating another CA Coastal cruise on the Crown Princess. Appreciate taking the time to share your photos & including some menu photos. Hopefully we'll have the always available items (shrimp cocktail, salmon, etc) you had because the new Curtis Stone items are less desirable for us. Did you try the Salty Dog?

Thanks again...

Hi all!

--Mike

Thanks for sharing we sail on the Crown in two weeks.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. A few questions as I will be on the April 23 sailing.

What days were the formal ones? In San Francisco is the Hop on Hop off bus in the terminal? Were there any issues with the trolley in Santa Barbara if you do it on your own? What night was the 50's- 60's rock and roll?

Thank you,

Carole

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. A few questions as I will be on the April 23 sailing.

What days were the formal ones? In San Francisco is the Hop on Hop off bus in the terminal? Were there any issues with the trolley in Santa Barbara if you do it on your own? What night was the 50's- 60's rock and roll?

Thank you,

Carole

I can't answer your questions but just wanted to say Hi! We might go on the Crown again in October on their 28 day RT from LA. I think I might pass on their miniature golf course though!

I can't answer your questions but just wanted to say Hi! We might go on the Crown again in October on their 28 day RT from LA. I think I might pass on their miniature golf course though!

Hi Meryl,

We were on the Crown last month and I did pass on the mini golf? Four months is a long time to be booted. I am still out of balance and still going through therapy. Since we hate flying we are so limited to where we can go. 28 days sounds great but I could never get that much time off from work. Tell your DH that my team won the motown triva on the february cruise, just love those oldie trivia contests. He was so good on our oldies triva last year.

We might do this same cruise october 8th.

Regards,

Carole

Hi Astro Flyer,

We wanted to but never made it in. It seemed to take a lot of space from the Wheelhouse Bar. I wanted to try the Poutine and Lobster Mac n Cheese. Only to add on more weight:) It was never filled probably due to the $19.00 per person fee. I like the concept though.

We enjoyed having Sushi and Sashimi and the Tapas in The Vines Bar and the British Pub lunch in The Crown Grill was great. The Fish n Chips were much better than at The Harbor on the pier in Santa Barbara. The pub lunch was only one day.

--Mike

Thank you,

Carole

Hi Carole,

Formal nights were Sunday (at sea) and Thursday (San Diego). We took a cab into San Francisco, but there were double decker buses in the terminal. Not sure if that is what you meant and I am not sure of the price.

No issues in Santa Barbara. State street is an easy walk away. The trolley line was close to the tender drop off with a fifteen minute or so wait. The trolley always seemed filled as many passengers used it. There is a bike taxi that seats two for $5.00 per person as well. He was waiting by the shuttle line. We just walked to State street and then had lunch on the Pier at The Harbor Restaurant.

I do not remember the night for the 50's and 60's rock n roll. It may have been on Tuesday since that is the only Princess Patter I cannot find.

Hi Meryl,

We were on the Crown last month and I did pass on the mini golf? Four months is a long time to be booted. I am still out of balance and still going through therapy. Since we hate flying we are so limited to where we can go. 28 days sounds great but I could never get that much time off from work. Tell your DH that my team won the motown triva on the february cruise, just love those oldie trivia contests. He was so good on our oldies triva last year.

We might do this same cruise october 8th.

Regards,

Carole

Congrats on the trivia win! Once you retire then you can do the long cruises. We enjoy them but I'm not so sure our SIL does as he either has to mow our lawn or shovel the driveway depending on the season!

I looked but I no longer seem to have your email. If you still have mine send me an email and tell me about your cruise.

Hi all!

--Mike

I just looked at all your pictures Mike. Thanks for sharing! I'll be on the Crown for a Pacific Coastal April 30th. My friend and I love to sit in Crooners in the evenings. Would you be able to tell me about the entertainer there?

Marilyn

Edited by Mare10

I just looked at all your pictures Mike. Thanks for sharing! I'll be on the Crown for a Pacific Coastal April 30th. My friend and I love to sit in Crooners in the evenings. Would you be able to tell me about the entertainer there?

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

The singer / piano player was Tommy McPhee. He sounds like Elton John and has a great voice. He usually started around 9:00 pm in the Crooners.

I bet your hoping the next four weeks goes by quick!

--Mike

Great pictures! Thank you!

Did you have fixed or anytime dining? If you had anytime, was it smooth or long lines?

Was the Maitre'd Neville from India or someone else?

Hi Victory2020,

We had anytime dining and there was no wait. But we had just the two of us. I don't recall seeing any lines to eat in the two anytime dining rooms. We also ate in The Vines bar, poolside, The International Cafe as well as the cabin.

I do not remember the the names of the Maitre'd, but I believe both were from Croatia in DaVinci and Michelangelo which were the anytime dining rooms.

--Mike

Hi Victory2020,

We had anytime dining and there was no wait. But we had just the two of us. I don't recall seeing any lines to eat in the two anytime dining rooms. We also ate in The Vines bar, poolside, The International Cafe as well as the cabin.

I do not remember the the names of the Maitre'd, but I believe both were from Croatia in DaVinci and Michelangelo which were the anytime dining rooms.

--Mike

Thanks Mike. What time did you eat? We like a table for 2 also, & last year on the Crown anytime seemed to be a disaster. Am trying it again in 3 weeks.