Booking flights from UK - US Airways any advice please?

DaisyDoo246

Hi

We're flying from Manchester into Orlando to pick up a cruise from port canaveral. US Airways are coming out the cheapest. Having never flown with them I don't know anything about them. Any experience with them or advice?

Many thanks

Hi

We're flying from Manchester into Orlando to pick up a cruise from port canaveral. US Airways are coming out the cheapest. Having never flown with them I don't know anything about them. Any experience with them or advice?

Many thanks

Hi When are you flying? we have not used anyone other than

Virgin for the last 6/7 years, their PE from Man to Orlando

Is really good, but they have upgraded the planes and the

Configuration is different. Hope we are not disappointed in Feb

Would you let me know what US airways are like if you do

Fly with them, also do they have a Premium Economy Section.

Thanks

g.inns@hotmail.co.uk.

We flew US Airways from Los Angeles to Sydney, AU and back. 14 hours. While it wasn't what I would call fun (what flight is) it definitely wasn't bad. One thing I did was book us bulkhead seats in the center section. My reasoning was that we wouldn't have anyone reclining in our laps (overnight flight) but it turned out I think we had 3 or 4 inches more legroom too. Everything had to be stowed in the overhead compartments but I paid a bit extra for priority boarding so we could beat the folks with what I consider oversized carry-ons. The food was even pretty good.

I always fly Virgin and no one else for trans-Atlantic. Don't mind spending the extra to get to London (I live in Lancashire and don't fly direct to New York from Manchester).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always fly Virgin and no one else for trans-Atlantic. Don't mind spending the extra to get to London (I live in Lancashire and don't fly direct to New York from Manchester).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree. We fly the Manchester to Orlando route every year and would not consider any other airline. Virgin have consistently delivered a good product and excellent customer service.

We've just flown with Us airways from Manchester to San Juan via Philadelphia. Last year we flew Virgin. We thought Us were good although we had read poor reviews. Seat pitch was bigger than virgin and therefore more comfortable. Food usual airline fare although we had to pay for it on the Philadelphia to San Juan leg. In flight entertainment trans Atlantic good but nothing available on the other flight.

We would definitely US airways again but not this route to the Caribbean.

I forgot to say that there were some very unhappy people at Philadelphia on the way back as some people returning from Florida had not pre booked seats and families had been split up including some with very young children. Families were trying to swop boarding passes in the departure lounge to enable them to sit with their kids.

Our TA had pre booked seats on all sections f the journey so no problems.

I forgot to say that there were some very unhappy people at Philadelphia on the way back as some people returning from Florida had not pre booked seats and families had been split up including some with very young children. Families were trying to swop boarding passes in the departure lounge to enable them to sit with their kids.

Our TA had pre booked seats on all sections f the journey so no problems.

US Airways allows you to select a seat at no additional charge when you purchase your ticket. I suspect that the people who were scattered didn't bother to do so, or booked through a third party that didn't do so. The only other explanation is that they had booked last minute when the only seats left were middle, in which case they certainly knew going into it that they would be scattered and should have planned accordingly.

Hi

We flew with US Airways to Miami via Philadelphia from Manchester last year. We'd read real horror stories and were dreading it. It was absolutely great. We've flown BA from Heathrow before but enjoyed US more. The legroom (in economy) was fine, seat back Tv's kept us occupied, and the stewardesses were lovely. Only sorry that we're flying with AA this year!

Don't worry.

We flew US Airways from Los Angeles to Sydney, AU and back.

Good information, except you definitely did *not* fly US Airways to Australia. Was it a codeshare on a United aircraft? US Airways doesn't have anything in their fleet capable of flying between the West Coast and Oz...they would have a Captain Sully incident into the Pacific if they tried ! :D

Good information, except you definitely did *not* fly US Airways to Australia. Was it a codeshare on a United aircraft? US Airways doesn't have anything in their fleet capable of flying between the West Coast and Oz...they would have a Captain Sully incident into the Pacific if they tried ! :D

The only other possibility would have been something through a *A carrier. Air New Zealand, maybe?

Hi When are you flying? we have not used anyone other than

Virgin for the last 6/7 years, their PE from Man to Orlando

Is really good, but they have upgraded the planes and the

Configuration is different. Hope we are not disappointed in Feb

Would you let me know what US airways are like if you do

Fly with them, also do they have a Premium Economy Section.

Thanks

g.inns@hotmail.co.uk.

I'll let you know certainly. We're not flying until October and have always used Virgin but they are £1500 more for the 5 of us so it's a no go.

We've not booked the flights yet, still hunting about on the Internet.

We've just flown with Us airways from Manchester to San Juan via Philadelphia. Last year we flew Virgin. We thought Us were good although we had read poor reviews. Seat pitch was bigger than virgin and therefore more comfortable. Food usual airline fare although we had to pay for it on the Philadelphia to San Juan leg. In flight entertainment trans Atlantic good but nothing available on the other flight.

We would definitely US airways again but not this route to the Caribbean.

This is the route we are looking at. It seems the key thing is to prebook seats so i'll get on seat guru as suggested.

Many thanks everyone

Archived