Chankanaab Cozumel

Ethanolfin1126

we are planning to revisit this amazing place but instead of booking with carnival we intended to just take a cab from the port. I found out they have a website and I’m curious should I book us tickets prior to our cruise? Or just wait and pay when we arrive at the park? I didn’t want to show up and then they tell me “ohh we are full for the day”. If that’s even possible:') any help would be appreciated

we love chankanaab! we've gone several time and have never got tickets ahead of time,just got them at the entrance and was never turned away bc it was full. when you go to the website, check out the coupons and bring them with you. the park is great about accepting them without a problem. every little bit helps :) enjoy!

we love chankanaab! we've gone several time and have never got tickets ahead of time,just got them at the entrance and was never turned away bc it was full. when you go to the website, check out the coupons and bring them with you. the park is great about accepting them without a problem. every little bit helps :) enjoy!

This. And a quick cab ride over. Buy your tickets at the entrance. All good.

I have been wondering if the experience has changed since Carnival is doing excursions there now. Wouldn' it be more crowded than before?

Carnival has been using them for dolphin encounters as long as I can remember. I have never had bad crowds. But as others have indicated, it is MUCH better to take a cab and go direct with them. You get their earlier and aren't stuck with the group. I have never seen bad crowds there; the park is so big there is plenty of room for everyone.

And while I have never been to Mr. Sanchos, I am not aware that they have dolphin and sea lion encounters so any comparison between the two is unwarranted unless you are speaking regarding the beach. As I understand it, Mr. Sanchos is sandy with little to no snorkeling; Chankanaab is on the rock wall and has very good snorkeling right from shore. It's all about the experience you are wanting.

I am not sure if they still do this, but we found a special on their website a few years ago that included the Royal Dolphin Swim, a Swim with the manatees and sea lion interaction. It was substantially cheaper than the regular website or walk-up price.

If you are wanting a dolphin swim, monitor the website for specials and sign up for their emails. If you see a decent discount, you can book ahead. Also, if you have a fairly short port time, it might be worth it to book ahead. Otherwise walk-up is usually not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found an excursion on shore excursioneer that seems to include a bunch of stuff. We want to snorkel, have lunch, hit the tequila tasting mainly, which is all included as well as lockers and beach chairs. Not terribly interested in the dolphins or sea lions. They are asking for $39/pp. Would we be better off paying a la carte for all of those things?

We loved it there. We did the 39/pp online before we cruised and that included lunch , sea lion show , chair and bottled water. It also included snorkeling equipment but we always bring our own. The food was good, it was not over crowded, snorkeling was great. Well worth the money.

Thanks for the info everybody another question has come to mind. What about currency if I pay at the gate? Obviously I will have American dollars, do I need to acquire some Mexican currency before hailing a taxi and heading on my merry way? I hadn’t considered this until now lol

Thanks for the info everybody another question has come to mind. What about currency if I pay at the gate? Obviously I will have American dollars, do I need to acquire some Mexican currency before hailing a taxi and heading on my merry way? I hadn’t considered this until now lol

Most everyone in Cozumel accepts U S Dollars. If you use a credit card, the receipt usually shows in Pesos, so make sure you know the conversion rate to ensure you are charged correctly. Also, your credit card company may charge you a conversion fee, but is not generally excessive.

• 1 month later...

We are looking at going over their next week; was going to buy ahead of time but not sure what the weather will be and the tickets are non refundable. Our ship is in late so will only have about 3.5 hrs till they close. Have any of you come into port late and still had no issues with getting in?

I would just taxi and pay there. I think it was less than $80 for 4 people and that included free t-shirts when we were there last month. We were in town for 11 days and got to experience a number of beach clubs. The Money Beach Bar would be another great option. It's free other than the food and drinks you have to buy and you can wade in right from the patio and do some awesome snorkeling. We also liked Paradise Beach Club and went there twice. Amazing pool. Great beach and tons of water toys (huge inflatable trampolines, slides and icebergs, etc.) That was $18 a person but they waived the fee each time when we told them we would be buying beers, virgin daqruis and food. But if you like all the attractions Chankanaab has, you won't find them at either so stick with that. Just trying to offer some options in addition.

Also, agreed on the currency. When there last month, it was 20 pesos to 1 dollar in most instances. Paying in pesos would get you a discounted price for cabs, meals, etc. But if you are there for just a day, I'd do that. They will take cash or your credit. We used CC at the park.

• 4 weeks later...
January 3, 2019 looks like Cozumel will be pretty full. On the Chankanaab park website, it was not possible to reserve any tickets for that day.

Actually the least busy day Jan 1-5 per Cruise Time Tables. Looks like Jan 6 is the day to be there. There could also be a lot of land-based travelers visiting during the New Year holiday as well.

edf383339bac67c494e7b2487c1ea458.jpg