Deluxe drinks package price reduced?

sunkisser

For our upcoming cruise... it is $1776.24 CAD (including the gratuities) for 14 nts for the two of us. That converts to $1414 US... divided by 14 is $101US... which means it is $50.50US per night for each of us, including the gratuities.

So about $41US before gratuities.

7 days with the 18 percent gratuity it's $92 dollars for 2 people per day. Total cost was 644 for the week for 2 people, $37 per person w/out gratuity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I think your math is a little off. $39 a day X 7 days = $273. $273 + 18% = $322.14. So, while your total of $644 for 2 people is correct, your daily price of $37 is wrong. The daily price is $39 per person + the 18% gratuity.

For my Oasis sailing on April 22, I had purchased it for me & my DH when it was $48 each + gratuities. I had applied my $300 OBC towards the purchase. It is now being offered at $45 each + gratuities, so it would be a total of almost $50 less now. I know that it not a lot of money, but I could put that towards an excursion ;-) Question: If I cancel & re-purchase it, will I get my $300 OBC back & re-applied towards the new package? Just want to make sure I'm not making a mistake for a mere $50! Thanks!

For my Oasis sailing on April 22, I had purchased it for me & my DH when it was $48 each + gratuities. I had applied my $300 OBC towards the purchase. It is now being offered at $45 each + gratuities, so it would be a total of almost $50 less now. I know that it not a lot of money, but I could put that towards an excursion ;-) Question: If I cancel & re-purchase it, will I get my $300 OBC back & re-applied towards the new package? Just want to make sure I'm not making a mistake for a mere $50! Thanks!

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

I purchased the deluxe beverage package when it was priced at $47 a person. Now that I’ve purchased it I cannot seem to find a way to check the price for a price drop. The website keeps wanting me to login. And since I’ve already purchased it it has disappeared from my options. How was everybody aware of price drops? They fluctuate all the time and I don’t feel like calling and asking every day. But the drop of several dollars can make a difference overall.

I purchased the deluxe beverage package when it was priced at $47 a person. Now that I’ve purchased it I cannot seem to find a way to check the price for a price drop. The website keeps wanting me to login. And since I’ve already purchased it it has disappeared from my options. How was everybody aware of price drops? They fluctuate all the time and I don’t feel like calling and asking every day. But the drop of several dollars can make a difference overall.

No need to call, just check in your cruise planner. And to be honest, you will have to check occasionally to find the best deal.

However, I will say that in 2018, I have seen no reports of anyone paying less than $45pp (plus 18%) for an OASIS class sailing. The smaller ships seem to be cheaper.

It all varies from sailing to sailing. I've paid as high as $55pp (plus 18%) buying in advance through cruise planner.

Since you are on the Brilliance, it may go lower. (if your cruise does not include either Christmas or New Year's Eve)

It should NOT have disappeared from your Cruise Planner. You should still be able to see the current pricing.

Log on and look at your Cruise Planner. Let us know if you can't do that.

You should also join your cruise's Roll Call. If you are really unable to see, someone else could look for you.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257

No need to call, just check in your cruise planner. And to be honest, you will have to check occasionally to find the best deal.

However, I will say that in 2018, I have seen no reports of anyone paying less than $45pp (plus 18%) for an OASIS class sailing. The smaller ships seem to be cheaper.

It all varies from sailing to sailing. I've paid as high as $55pp (plus 18%) buying in advance through cruise planner.

We paid 42 pp for our Dec 9 Harmony sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We paid $42 pp for our Symphony Transatlantic. We’ve seen the same price again a few times since we purchased.

The prices for the Anthem of the Seas cruise I booked for next year are not on sale. Do the Internet / drink package combos go on sale? According to the RC rep I spoke to, the Internet service in the combo is the same as if purchased seperately. I ask because the descriptions make it appear the Internet packages allow better streaming than the package deals.

I posted this bump yesterday "Quote (Originally by Pixietwin)--- I purchased the deluxe beverage package when it was priced at $47 a person. Now that I’ve purchased it I cannot seem to find a way to check the price for a price drop. The website keeps wanting me to login. And since I’ve already purchased it it has disappeared from my options. How was everybody aware of price drops? They fluctuate all the time and I don’t feel like calling and asking every day. But the drop of several dollars can make a difference overall. ."

I have found how to log on but it's been the same 47 dollars for the past 5 days. I just assumed it would change because the prices of the cruises have really been bouncing around. I figured that once you bought the package, your same rate would show up. But I guess if there is a change, it will be on the main beverage package page of cruise planner? I tried using our different laptop and desktop in case of cookies -- thought that it would keep the rate I paid. BTW, I saved nearly $700 in two days by checking the prices quite often!

Since you are on the Brilliance, it may go lower. (if your cruise does not include either Christmas or New Year's Eve)

It should NOT have disappeared from your Cruise Planner. You should still be able to see the current pricing.

Log on and look at your Cruise Planner. Let us know if you can't do that.

You should also join your cruise's Roll Call. If you are really unable to see, someone else could look for you.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257

I posted yesterday about my Dec cruise....Hey, how do you know I'm sailing on the Brilliance? Did I post that somewhere. Pretty cool . Then again I'm new to posting here so maybe I'm missing something important!

I posted yesterday about my Dec cruise....Hey, how do you know I'm sailing on the Brilliance? Did I post that somewhere. Pretty cool . Then again I'm new to posting here so maybe I'm missing something important!

Just click on your title name at the top of your post. It will give you 3 options, one of which is "find all posts by Pixietwin", where you must have mentioned something about being on the Brilliance.;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!:*

Thanks! I need to work on my signature line. I’ve cruised six times and I have four scheduled for the next two years. So I’m not a cruise newbie but I still have a lot to learn. I really appreciate reading everyone’s information.

Thanks! I need to work on my signature line. I’ve cruised six times and I have four scheduled for the next two years. So I’m not a cruise newbie but I still have a lot to learn. I really appreciate reading everyone’s information.

Okay, another question for beverage package fans. I have seen several of the buy one get one 50% off package deals. This is what I bought. But I'm confused as it doesn't seem to be discounted at all. Right now is no BOGO sale, and its $50 per person during my Dec cruise on Brilliance. I saw it at $49 over the 4th of July holiday. I purchased it at the $47 price. But once I called they said that these prices are actually 25% off the normal price and this is how they state 50% off second guest. Yet, the prices don't seem to reflect any 50% savings to me...you buy it at whatever the price is posted and this is before the 18% gratuity added. It fluctuates but what about this 50% off second guest.? Seems like B.S.

Okay, another question for beverage package fans. I have seen several of the buy one get one 50% off package deals. This is what I bought. But I'm confused as it doesn't seem to be discounted at all. Right now is no BOGO sale, and its $50 per person during my Dec cruise on Brilliance. I saw it at $49 over the 4th of July holiday. I purchased it at the $47 price. But once I called they said that these prices are actually 25% off the normal price and this is how they state 50% off second guest. Yet, the prices don't seem to reflect any 50% savings to me...you buy it at whatever the price is posted and this is before the 18% gratuity added. It fluctuates but what about this 50% off second guest.? Seems like B.S.

50% is off the price of what you would pay to buy package on board the ship. Not the available price online which can vary ship to ship or day to day...