Remind me regarding Seaside dinner times?

ssmea03

So when booking Seaside dinner times you're offered early 5-30 to 7-30 or late 7-45 to 9-45. Or do they mean 5-30 or 7-30 for early and 7-45 or 9-45 for late? Because the option was, for instance "early 5-30 7-30"! There was no 3rd very late sitting option. Some clarification folks please.

According to the Dailies that someone posted:

SeashoreRestaurant (Main Dining Room)

Dinner: 1stseating – 18.00

2ndseating – 20.30

Ipanema (MainDining Room)

Hours: 17.30 (1st seating)

19.45 (2ndseating)

21.45 (3rdseating)

MarketplaceBuffet

Dinner 18.30 – 20.45 1st seating

21.00 –23.45 2nd seating

All three dining rooms (I will consider marketplace a dining room for purpose of diner seating) will have a “first seating”. The actual time will depend on restaurant you are assigned to.

Option 1: Ipanema restaurant. Three dining times. You could get 5:30 or 7:45 or 9:45

Option 2: seashore restaurant. You could be assigned to 6:00 or 8:30.

Option 3 marketplace buffet. Two seatings. 6:30 or 9:00.

Some posts indicate flexibility in arrival times for marketplace but for either of the main dining rooms you have 15 minutes from your assigned time before you are locked out.

So first seating could be 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30 depending. Where it gets more interesting is if you requested late seating you could get 7:45, 8:30, 9:00, or 9:45 depending on assignment.

MSc likes to keep us guessing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All three dining rooms (I will consider marketplace a dining room for purpose of diner seating) will have a “first seating”. The actual time will depend on restaurant you are assigned to.

Option 1: Ipanema restaurant. Three dining times. You could get 5:30 or 7:45 or 9:45

Option 2: seashore restaurant. You could be assigned to 6:00 or 8:30.

Option 3 marketplace buffet. Two seatings. 6:30 or 9:00.

Some posts indicate flexibility in arrival times for marketplace but for either of the main dining rooms you have 15 minutes from your assigned time before you are locked out.

So first seating could be 5:30, 6:00 or 6:30 depending. Where it gets more interesting is if you requested late seating you could get 7:45, 8:30, 9:00, or 9:45 depending on assignment.

That's what I was afraid of!

Are they really locking people out 15 minutes after their assigned time in the two main dining rooms? If so it will make me very happy. Other lines used to do that as well but stopped, so people feel perfectly fine showing up 20, 30 or even 45 minutes late.

Cruze- that’s what has been reported but I can not confirm from first hand experience on seaside. They did close the dining room doors on divina.

Nimiq- aurea and yc have anytime dining. You will need to book one of those two “experiences” for my time dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I´m 5:30 pm so I´m in Ipanema.

steamboats

How did you guarantee a 5-30 slot? The NA web site only offers a range of early times for fantastica.

Where did you book from, did you book on line, with a TA or over the phone, and which experience have you gone for? If you don't mind, please.

I have Fantastica and my cruise docs (and the website under My Booking) say 5:30 pm. I have booked directly with MSC (Germany).

Thanks Steamboats, you have an advantage over us our North America booking still shows a range of times for late dinner, maybe we'll be able to narrow it down a bit when the time comes to settle the bill.

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, ssmea03 said:
steamboats said:
I have Fantastica and my cruise docs (and the website under My Booking) say 5:30 pm. I have booked directly with MSC (Germany).

Thanks Steamboats, you have an advantage over us our North America booking still shows a range of times for late dinner, maybe we'll be able to narrow it down a bit when the time comes to settle the bill.

Are there tables for 2?

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

This is a big difference, we are early, and like early, but prefer 6 to 530, which seems too early, even for us.  Can you request Seashore so that its 6pm?

If you want anytime dining you have to Aurea.

You will get you exact dining time and restaurant printed on your key card when you check in for the cruise. If you are unhappy, go to the dining room and speak to the maitre d. If there is space available, your time can be changed.

Also, if you wish to dine with others you are traveling with, you can request that as well.

3 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

This is a big difference, we are early, and like early, but prefer 6 to 530, which seems too early, even for us.  Can you request Seashore so that its 6pm?

The times have changed from the earlier posts made in 2018.

The current times are:

5:15/7:15/9:15 in one and 5:30/7:30/9:30 in the other.  Early generally I 5:15/5:30/7:15 and late 7:30/9:15/9:30...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

The times have changed from the earlier posts made in 2018.

The current times are:

5:15/7:15/9:15 in one and 5:30/7:30/9:30 in the other.  Early generally I 5:15/5:30/7:15 and late 7:30/9:15/9:30...

Wow, so even worse!?  So if it says we will be told our dining time on board, even though it says early, it can be between 515 and 715?  This is so bizarre!  Hard to book things before boarding if you dont know if dinner is at 515 or 715..

11 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Wow, so even worse!?  So if it says we will be told our dining time on board, even though it says early, it can be between 515 and 715?  This is so bizarre!  Hard to book things before boarding if you dont know if dinner is at 515 or 715..

What things are you booking beforehand that make a difference for dinner time? You can't book shows or spa times in advance of being on the ship. Specialty dinners, sure - but that wouldn't make any difference with MDR times, as you likely wouldn't be doing both in same night. Otherwise nothing else at night that needs booking.  

• Like 1

Just kind of like to plan our days/what were doing in port/what the plans are after dinner etc..

Dont get me wrong, we like an early dinner, but being ready for dinner at 515 on vacation is quite early, especially on a port day I would think.

I wonder if its the same on Seaview, I cant recall what time we ate last summer on her but I dont recall it being too out of the norm for us..

Certainly wont ruin the cruise for us..I guess I just feel early and late work because usually people prefer one or the other.

10 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Just kind of like to plan our days/what were doing in port/what the plans are after dinner etc..

Dont get me wrong, we like an early dinner, but being ready for dinner at 515 on vacation is quite early, especially on a port day I would think.

I wonder if its the same on Seaview, I cant recall what time we ate last summer on her but I dont recall it being too out of the norm for us..

Certainly wont ruin the cruise for us..I guess I just feel early and late work because usually people prefer one or the other.

As noted above, if the time you're assigned doesn't suit you, go see the maitre'd and asked to be moved. If there's space available, they'll move you.

• Like 1