Anthem, Oasis, and Celebrity Reflection Together in St. Maarten (Photos)

Dave85

Dave, this is a picture of good, better, best and only you can decide which is which. I wish I had this view right now and was sitting at Holland House. Sounds like you two had a great time.

Happy Thanksgiving to you both.

Thanks Andrew. As you probably guessed, that photo was indeed taken from the Holland House. Our preferred spot on Orient was closed for renovation this time so we went there instead.

Having cruised all 3 classes now, my humble opinion is:

Good: Solstice Class

Better: Oasis Class

Best: Quantum Class

I realize I'm probably in the minority with that opinion, but we loved the Anthem!

Edited by Dave85

Thanks Andrew. As you probably guessed, that photo was indeed taken from the Holland House. Our preferred spot on Orient was closed for renovation this time so we went there instead.

I realize I'm probably in the minority with that opinion, but we loved the Anthem!

HH is our preferred stop in St Martin.

I might change the ranking order, but IMO 2 flow riders are better than one.:D I however won't rule out the other two ships until I try them. It seems as though many have cut out the Quantum Class without trying it. You and a another "cruise geek" I know have tried the Quantum Class and love it so I know I have to get there one day.

Wow....this is great to know!!!!! Did not think ANYTHING could compare to the Oasis class (our favorite ..so far)

HH is our preferred stop in St Martin.

I might change the ranking order, but IMO 2 flow riders are better than one.:D I however won't rule out the other two ships until I try them. It seems as though many have cut out the Quantum Class without trying it. You and a another "cruise geek" I know have tried the Quantum Class and love it so I know I have to get there one day.

Wow....this is great to know!!!!! Did not think ANYTHING could compare to the Oasis class (our favorite ..so far)

Once you've done the Oasis Class and experienced the sheer magnificence and grandeur of what they were able to build, when you come to the Quantum Class ship you just find a higher quality experience all around. Fewer people, but still a huge ship. Standard balcony cabins have a much better and more spacious layout. Included food was of higher quality and greater variety in our view, and having 4 MDRs plus Devinly Decadence with different menus allows for a greater variety of dining options. We loved the flexibility of Dynamic Dining now that it's running more smoothly, and making the reservations was easy.

On the entertainment side, I'll take two70 over the Boardwalk or a VCL any day. It's just magnificent what they're able to do in there. It's truly a world class venue. While I prefer the pool deck layout on the Oasis Class because it's more spacious, it's nice to once again have a central pool area to hold events. I enjoyed returning to headliner shows for which you don't need reservations. Finally, the extras that some derisively called gimmicks were some of our favorite experiences of the cruise. North Star, bumper cars (so much fun), iFly (such a cool experience), the puzzle break room escape game... Just great.

Other people have different viewpoints obviously, but by the end of the cruise it was clear to me that I preferred the Quantum Class.

Once you've done the Oasis Class and experienced the sheer magnificence and grandeur of what they were able to build, when you come to the Quantum Class ship you just find a higher quality experience all around. Fewer people, but still a huge ship. Standard balcony cabins have a much better and more spacious layout. Included food was of higher quality and greater variety in our view, and having 4 MDRs plus Devinly Decadence with different menus allows for a greater variety of dining options. We loved the flexibility of Dynamic Dining now that it's running more smoothly, and making the reservations was easy.

On the entertainment side, I'll take two70 over the Boardwalk or a VCL any day. It's just magnificent what they're able to do in there. It's truly a world class venue. While I prefer the pool deck layout on the Oasis Class because it's more spacious, it's nice to once again have a central pool area to hold events. I enjoyed returning to headliner shows for which you don't need reservations. Finally, the extras that some derisively called gimmicks were some of our favorite experiences of the cruise. North Star, bumper cars (so much fun), iFly (such a cool experience), the puzzle break room escape game... Just great.

Other people have different viewpoints obviously, but by the end of the cruise it was clear to me that I preferred the Quantum Class.

Can you tell me when they held this on the ship (anthem). Thanks in advance

We were all ignoring his rude comment (as always) because that is what he does. Sooooo we just ignore him. Please take notice in his signature however. He is BOOKED on one of those "UGLY" SHIPS. LMAO

You just commented .. so how are you "ignoring" my comment? :rolleyes:

And yea I'm booked on Anthem ... because of the itinerary (and because we got a great deal on it) .. but I still say its a hideous looking ship design-wise.

It sounds as though the Quantum Class is a polished version of the Oasis Class. A little thinner and trimmer, better interior finishes and technology abounds.

Can you tell me when they held this on the ship (anthem). Thanks in advance

When they held what / which event?

Just an FYI, when people log in to CC with an app (as I often do) they cannot see the Title line... so it's best to post the subject of the question in the body of the posting.

I now see you were asking about puzzle break. It's held a number of different times and days during the cruise. You will need to check your Royal IQ app or inquire with the staff after you board. To date, it has not been available for booking before the cruise.

Cool pictures! You can really see the resemblance between Anthem and the S Class ships in these photos. I've never been on Anthem or Celebrity S Class, but I think they're both beautiful ships. And then there's Oasis Class, which are just amazing IMO. I have a cruise booked next December, but I'm thinking of switching it to Anthem (Or maybe just go back to Jewel, one of my old favorites...)

Anyway, thanks for posting!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Fabulous photos - glad you didn't bother with the P&O 'thing' that was also in port!

Tough call between the 3 - I love Anthem as being a hybrid of Oasis and X. Oasis is good because of the different areas, but Reflection really let the side down on the Solstice class as they crammed too much in, I feel. So my order would be:

1: Anthem

2: Oasis

3: Reflection

Now if Eclipse was in port it may be a different order....:cool:

Fabulous photos - glad you didn't bother with the P&O 'thing' that was also in port!

Tough call between the 3 - I love Anthem as being a hybrid of Oasis and X. Oasis is good because of the different areas, but Reflection really let the side down on the Solstice class as they crammed too much in, I feel. So my order would be:

1: Anthem

2: Oasis

3: Reflection

Now if Eclipse was in port it may be a different order....:cool:

You should try the Silhouette. It doesn't have Reflection's extra deck, and it's an improvement (imho) on the already wonderful Eclipse because it swaps the glass show for the fabulous Lawn Club Grill (and adds The Porch).

You should try the Silhouette. It doesn't have Reflection's extra deck, and it's an improvement (imho) on the already wonderful Eclipse because it swaps the glass show for the fabulous Lawn Club Grill (and adds The Porch).

I've been on Silhouette - she runs a close 2nd to Eclipse - but I don't like the Cabanas taking up the room on the top deck but I like the new restaurants up there! Tough call!

I've been on Silhouette - she runs a close 2nd to Eclipse - but I don't like the Cabanas taking up the room on the top deck but I like the new restaurants up there! Tough call!

I agree with you there. I hate that they trashed the views with those cabanas.