Upgrade Email Received-Anthem

First, if you say yes, you are put on a list of potential upgrade candidates. You are not guaranteed to get the upgrade.

Second, how long is the cruise? For a 7-day cruise, $500 would be beyond our budget for an upgrade from Balcony to JS.

First, if you say yes, you are put on a list of potential upgrade candidates. You are not guaranteed to get the upgrade.

Second, how long is the cruise? For a 7-day cruise, $500 would be beyond our budget for an upgrade from Balcony to JS.

If it is per person, I would not do it, if it is $500 total, I would consider it. I wouldn't consider it on all ships though, Anthem has Coastal Kitchen and a JS would get access to it for dinner, so that would make me consider it.

If it is per person, I would not do it, if it is $500 total, I would consider it. I wouldn't consider it on all ships though, Anthem has Coastal Kitchen and a JS would get access to it for dinner, so that would make me consider it.

This is what I would have said.

I would take that if it was $500 total, but there haven’t been many reports of people receiving that email and actually getting the phone call.

I would pass if that’s $500 per person.

Be aware you will not receive double points should you get the upsell call and accept.

There aren't even any JS available. What they are trying to do is upgrade those in a JS to the higher suite cabins, and then upgrade balcony cabins to the now empty JS. Then I'm hoping they lower the price on the balcony cabins, so I can upgrade from my obstructive view balcony. There are lots of balcony cabins available, so hopefully there will be a price drop soon.

I got an email a couple of weeks ago to upgrade to a JS for $200 on Radiance. Today I got another one saying they wanted to give me a quick update and then gave the phone number of 866-562 XXXX and to watch for the phone call. They will call only once and then move on to the next person. On the original I said yes to if I wanted to be considered because you can always decline it if you do get the call and don't want to upgrade.

Call - please call!!!

I got an email a couple of weeks ago to upgrade to a JS for $200 on Radiance. Today I got another one saying they wanted to give me a quick update and then gave the phone number of 866-562 XXXX and to watch for the phone call. They will call only once and then move on to the next person. On the original I said yes to if I wanted to be considered because you can always decline it if you do get the call and don't want to upgrade.

Call - please call!!!

If the number to call back was 866-562-7625 that's just the main Royal Number.

So...we are booked on Anthem of the seas for Sept 2018 and have been reading all the threads about upgrades. I just received this email What do you think, take it or no?

I'd take it.

Coastal Kitchen Dinner

Bigger Room

Bigger Bathroom

Coffee Maker in Room

...and if you're close to another tier...

You get double cruise points for the sailing.

No harm in getting on the list, but if I were you I'd keep an eye on the prices yourself. I got a similar email about 2 or 3 months before my upcoming Harmony sailing, offering to put me on the list for a balcony to JS upgrade for $800. I put myself on the list but kept watching prices, and they dropped about 6 weeks before sailing. I upgraded myself to a JS for $240 total (not per person, and including gratuities). Never got an upgrade call from Royal after that, obviously.