Water as Checked luggage

We cruise in 8 days! The last time we cruised with RC (8 years ago), we were allowed to bring our own bottled water and soda...I'm a Pepsi girl;p.

I have been told you can no longer do this, but is that a hard fast rule, or merely a suggestion? Should we just bring some and see what happens?

We cruise in 8 days! The last time we cruised with RC (8 years ago), we were allowed to bring our own bottled water and soda...I'm a Pepsi girl;p.

I have been told you can no longer do this, but is that a hard fast rule, or merely a suggestion? Should we just bring some and see what happens?

It varies cruise to cruise and port to port. What ship are you boarding? I saw people doing this no problem in most ports. I've heard stories from reliable sources things can change around spring break, but obviously that doesn't apply to your cruise.

It varies cruise to cruise and port to port. What ship are you boarding? I saw people doing this no problem in most ports. I've heard stories from reliable sources things can change around spring break, but obviously that doesn't apply to your cruise.

Sorry, we are on Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan on Dec 16th.

I enjoy my Dasani bottled water that I like to keep in the little fridge and enjoy at night I dislike the ship's bottled water. But I also don't have a problem with the ship's water with ice during the day or at dinner.

I have been tossing 6-8 bottles of Dasani in a handled tote bag as checked luggage for years now with no problem being delivered. I do make sure the water is separate from my regular checked bags...in case it goes down to the "naughty room"...which it finally did on my Oasis cruise last week.

Not being in any hurry to get it, I went down when there were no lines, opened it up in front of the security personal...and they let me take it once he saw it was indeed water. I also had two very small box wines in the bag also...which is allowed and he let me take that too. ;)

I enjoy my Dasani bottled water that I like to keep in the little fridge and enjoy at night I dislike the ship's bottled water. But I also don't have a problem with the ship's water with ice during the day or at dinner.

I have been tossing 6-8 bottles of Dasani in a handled tote bag as checked luggage for years now with no problem being delivered. I do make sure the water is separate from my regular checked bags...in case it goes down to the "naughty room"...which it finally did on my Oasis cruise last week.

Not being in any hurry to get it, I went down when there were no lines, opened it up in front of the security personal...and they let me take it once he saw it was indeed water. I also had two very small box wines in the bag also...which is allowed and he let me take that too. ;)

That is awesome! I love Dasani too! Glad to hear the ice water in and around the ship is good to drink.

That is awesome! I love Dasani too! Glad to hear the ice water in and around the ship is good to drink.

I always thought the ship's water was just fine anyway, and better IMHO than the ship's brand of bottled water...even the Evian. ;)

But still like my Dasani at night...bottle baby I guess. :cool:

I don't understand. YOU can get bottled water in the Diamond Lounge every night and squirrel it away in your cabin. Why do you bother to bring any on board with you?

I don't understand. YOU can get bottled water in the Diamond Lounge every night and squirrel it away in your cabin. Why do you bother to bring any on board with you?

Cool!

This might be a silly question, but can anyone over the age of 18 go into the Diamond Lounge? I think you have to be a C&A member, correct? I signed up for C&A, but this is my first cruise, so I don't think I am entitled to any perks. Does that matter?

It's true that you can get bottled water aboard ship, but my experience is that it is a time & convenience factor. Waaayyy too often whether I stop at a bar, Café Promenade, Starbucks, etc. I have to wait on line to get a bottle of water.

Our plan was to squirrel it away, but after the first few days of waiting 10-15 minutes for a bottle of water I realized that wasn't going to happen.

Cool!

This might be a silly question, but can anyone over the age of 18 go into the Diamond Lounge? I think you have to be a C&A member, correct? I signed up for C&A, but this is my first cruise, so I don't think I am entitled to any perks. Does that matter?

Unfortunate no - It is available only for C&A members at diamond status or higher

1) For some ports, they will NOT handle it without handles. Put the case of water in a cheap duffel. But it could be confiscated, as RCI policy is no water brought on board. YMMV. But you are only out a couple of bucks for the water.

2) With the beverage package, I have always handed two bottles. And if you hit the time right, no wait.

3) Ships water is safe, and actually better quality that most bottled water. Dasani is one of the ones that bottles basic tap water. :)

Just got off Allure. I don't think soda is allowed. They make too much money on the sofa packages. We had an 6 pack of plastic water bottles and we just taped our cabin luggage tag on it and it appeared in our room with no issues. Two bottles of wine per cabin are allowed as well.

Cool!

No, you can't, but Island Lady can. ;) :D

I'm planing to get a case of water and put a luggage tag on it and hope for the best.

My wife has to drink Mountain Dew or she get's migraines, so I asked and received a medical waiver from RCL.

Do yourself AND the porters a favor and put that cumbersome shrink wrapped plastic covered case in a handled tote/suitcase.

They don't like handling that bulky item anymore than you want to drag it around the ship as carry on luggage.

Much better chance you will actually get that water (which is technically not allowed, but most often looked the other way). I know the porters at PC will refuse it. Just FYI.

Did you miss the part that I stated I dislike the taste of ship's bottled water?

Would rather drink water out of the tap than that stuff...and the Evian is even worse IMHO. :(

I also stated I just like my Dasani in my cabin at night, but will drink the ship's ice water during the day in dining room, etc. In the WJ...I am kind of fond of the Arnold Palmers. :D

Edited by island lady

Did you miss the part that I stated I dislike the taste of ship's bottled water?

Would rather drink water out of the tap than that stuff...and the Evian is even worse IMHO. :(

I also stated I just like my Dasani in my cabin at night, but will drink the ship's ice water during the day in dining room, etc. In the WJ...I am kind of fond of the Arnold Palmers. :D

Apparently I did.

<smh> "Dasani (/dəˈsɑːni/) is a brand of bottled water from the Coca-Cola company, launched in 1999,[1] after the success of Aquafina (produced by Coca-Cola-rival PepsiCo). It is one of many brands of Coca-Cola bottled water sold around the world. The product is filtered tap water bottled from local sources with added trace minerals."