Pizza on AOS

Dear All:

First time cruiser on RCI coming up on AOS.....seen some horrid pictures of the pizza. I do think it's something Carnival does really well.....You can even order a plain pizza (no sauce or no cheese) and add a little butter and it taste exactly like Naan bread out of a clay oven.

Is the pizza as bad as it looks and sounds from people on here?!?!!?

It’s not THAT bad. I would compare it to tombstone frozen. It’s definitely not something you have for dinner but it’s something to have as a late night snack.

You can also make your own pizza and they will cook it for you right then and there. That makes it slightly better.

Is the pizza as bad as it looks and sounds from people on here?!?!!?

Pizza is definitely NOT one of the things Royal does well. I love pizza and I rarely eat it from Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's. Look for other options on board and don't waste a meal or even a snack on their pizza.

It seems to be common knowledge that the pizza is generally disappointing on board. That being said, why doesn’t RC do something about it? It seems like a fairly low effort, high impact changeto make.

It's pretty bad. I enjoy Carnival's pizza and I actually spit out Royal's--on AOS. It reminds me of cardboard-y frozen pizza like Tombstone.

I don't understand why they haven't improved their pizza. It would seem to be a great way to reduce food costs by getting people to eat good pizza and possibly eat less of more expensive food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with others that the Pizzas are not great on RC. I disagree with those who seem to suggest that they are horrible or haven't improved. They have improved IMO but not as much as I would like.

For me they are fine as a late night snack especially after a few drinks.

I don't understand why they haven't improved their pizza. It would seem to be a great way to reduce food costs by getting people to eat good pizza and possibly eat less of more expensive food.

From what I've seen, it would cause a lot of people to eat more pizza while keeping their intake of expensive food the same. ;)

My husband really liked the pizza on Liberty. But then again it was after midnight and we had the drink package :)

Haha! Maybe I would have liked the pizza more if I had the Deluxe package. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

just got off Adventure... before the trip, I thought, how bad could it be... wow, it was bad. a number of other things they served in that cafe were rather good (pastries, little sandwiches) -- just stay away from the pizza

I’m imagining spongey crust, super sweet sauce, rubbery flavorless (or overly salty) cheese... it took me a bit to come up with that. I too thought “how bad can pizza really be?”. I’m sailing next week on the allure, I plan on stowing an extra sandwich or something in the room fridge for late night snacks.

I would not say it was great pizza, but it was OK. You cannot order a whole pizza at Cafe Promenade, they only have slices.
We are on Oasis now and am glad to report the pizza is much improved since our last 2 cruises on RCI.

My son got a whole pizza last night.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I would say it's okay if it's really late at night and you've had a couple of drinks, but even then okay is generous.

If getting food at Promenade Cafe on Adventure, I tended to stick to the sandwiches if they had any available late at night (also at about 12:30am many nights there was a very long line for the pizza; definitely not worth the wait).

Actually, one night we wound up seeing the huge line @ Promenade and bit the bullet and payed the $8 for room service for our late night snack rather than deal with the crowds.