Your first cruise... year and ship...

cruzn buckeye

My first cruise was on the Carnival Fantasy in 1991... it was a four day to the Bahamas. I remember wondering if I would be too seasick or if I would be able to handle being at sea for such a long time... it was exciting.. yet scarey before I boarded. She was a beautiful ship. And is still a very nice ship. I loved the back area where you could go outside with your breakfast and sit and enjoy the ocean. I liked it better then when the slides actually went into the pool... instead of the way they do now. One thing I really liked better about this ship back then was... it actually had 3 pools. The Lido deck pool, the Kiddie pool, and then on the aft , where they now have waterworks, was a nice area with a pool and hot tub. I understand how families love the waterworks... but for me personally, I really liked having that extra pool on that class of ship... Yep, this is the ship that got me addicted to cruising:D

1987, The Big Red Boat (Premier Cruise Lines). Four day cruise stopping at Nassau and Salt Cay, Premier's private island. Premier was the official cruise line of Walt Disney World back then, so Disney characters were on board, and our vacation package included three days at Disney World.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

First time on a ship - 1957

Saxonia

7 days Montreal Canada to La Havre, France

First time on a Cruise Ship - 1974

Sun Princess (the Original Love Boat)

7 Days in Caribbean

When I say the Original Love Boat I mean that it was the ship featured in the Love Boat Movie that came before the Love Boat TV Series which featured the Pacific Princess.

2008 Carnival Spirit to the Mexican Rivera

Fell in love with cruising on that ship.

Nothing like that first step into that first cruise ship.

Constantine as our room steward, and Christopher as our head waiter...

somethings you never forget :)

..... it was smoke free .....

Jan, 2003 - Jubilee. I was a little apprehensive, but (thankfully) it WASN'T smoke free, and i was able to get through it (and LOVED IT!!!). Fast forward to the cruising addiction current day... no longer apprehensive, more like anxious as HE!! if I don't have more than one booked at a time!

Hopefully 2013 will be kinder to us than 2012 was, and we'll see y'all on a ship near you, sometime soon!!!!!!! :o

Our first cruise was on the Holiday in 1995 for our 25th anniversary. We met on a ski lift, first kiss was on a bus, proposal was on a plane...we had to do something on a ship. We went to Catalina and Ensanada. I was so excited, and we got upgraded too. I still get excited, my first Princess cruise is next month with a Triumph cruise 2 days later. Whoo hoo!

1998 - Carnival Ecstacy

We went to Key West and Cozumel...4 nights.

About a week after the cruise, we were home and I was cooking dinner and DH was in the living room watching the news.

All the sudden, I hear him holler "Ecstasy, Ecstasy!!"

Of course, I had to see what was going on. Turns out, Ecstasy was on fire. From what I recall, there was no major damage...the fire was in the laundry area.

Archived