Royal Princess MDR

skoeper

Has anyone sailed on the Royal Princess? I'm looking at deck plans and wonder how you get to the theater from the Allegra Dining Room. It doesn't look like it goes straight through?

Has anyone sailed on the Royal Princess? I'm looking at deck plans and wonder how you get to the theater from the Allegra Dining Room. It doesn't look like it goes straight through?

Stairs or elevator to deck 7. Walk all the way forward to the theater.

Hundreds of thousands have sailed Royal since she launched.

You get to the theater from the aft deck 6 by going up ine deck to 7, Promenade then going all the way forward. Exact same as on Grand class ships..

You have to access the dining room the same way, go aft on 7 (or any deck above it) and take stairs or elevator down. You cannot access from Atrium...

Unless the fixed seating dining location has changed on Princess ships, that dining room location is always fixed seating. That is a disadvantage to fixed seating dining. But, it is a minor issue, in my opinion.

Unless the fixed seating dining location has changed on Princess ships, that dining room location is always fixed seating. That is a disadvantage to fixed seating dining. But, it is a minor issue, in my opinion.

On the other hand, that dining room on the Royal is gorgeous, very different from the Princess MDR decor that went before. And let's face it, having to descend a flight of stairs before dinner is a First World Problem.

The Traditional (fixed seating) dining room is traditionally aft on deck 6 on most Princess ships. No, you can't walk through to that dining room from mid-ship. The deck 6 dining room and the Traditional dining room share a kitchen. You'd have to walk through the dining room and through the kitchen to get to the Allegra dining room. I've never found this an inconvenience. You just need to know that from deck 7 and above, you can walk forward to aft.

I am not sure why getting to/from the aft dining room on Princess ships is considered by many to be a problem.

I have been on Carnival and RCCL ships that also have aft dining rooms on some decks that requiring going up and then down to get to them. Somehow that does not seem to be considered a problem on those ships.

I am not sure why getting to/from the aft dining room on Princess ships is considered by many to be a problem.

I have been on Carnival and RCCL ships that also have aft dining rooms on some decks that requiring going up and then down to get to them. Somehow that does not seem to be considered a problem on those ships.

Folks in wheelchairs and scooters can have an issue since their only way in or out of that dining room is via elevator.

Have multiple cruises on the Royal. First night is always interesting as diners in the Allegro try to figure out access. Once they have done it the issue disappears. What a true first world problem.

Folks in wheelchairs and scooters can have an issue since their only way in or out of that dining room is via elevator.

Isn't that the case for any deck though? If you can't use stairs, elevators are the only option to get to mid-ship dining rooms from your cabin, etc also.. Not sure what that makes any difference then..

And agree wholeheartedly with caribill - other cruise lines have dining rooms or lounges that are similar access and it doesn't seem to be an issue. Princess has had this set-up for 20 years or so, at least, not sure why it's still somehow surprising or an issue - especially for long time Princess cruisers.

If we want quicker access to theatre from the aft dining room, we go up to 8 instead of 7. No crowds of people to walk across on 8 , Then take the forward elevator down to 6 (or stairs). Less crowds entering on deck 6 than 7 and we always can find a seat.