Would you spend $500 extra...

to sail on Symphony, as opposed to Allure? Same exact stateroom (OV balcony), same dates, similar ports.

Would you personally do it?

Personally I would need to know what the similar ports are prior to a yes or no decision. I assume the similar ports are not identical? Can you list both itineraries & length of voyages.

:)

Oh, and the dates are one day off as someone else mentioned. However, this does not matter to us so it was not a point of contention for me to bring up. The ports in question are:

Allure: St. Kitts > St. Thomas > Nassau

Symphony: St. Kitts > St. Thomas > CocoCay

We have no preference between Nassau or CocoCay, so we’re fine with either itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting thoughts. Thank you everyone for the comments! We’re (my husband and myself) sailing Allure this year, and are trying to decide on what to do next year. Symphony sounds... alluring. ;)

Bah dum pssssh …

I know people who only book Royal Caribbean ships that have a flowrider, then they spend 75% of the cruise on the flowrider.

If you are insanely addicted to slides, wet and dry, then choose Symphony.

If slides are "meh" for you, save the $500, and as stated previously, wait until Symphony ISN'T $500 more.

We have no preference between Nassau or CocoCay, so we’re fine with either itinerary.

Personally, avoiding Nassau would tip the scale to Symphony for me. IMO that is the worst stop in the Caribbean. Just an extra sea day. So if you stay on the boat in Nassau, all you're seeing over the course of 7 days is St. Thomas and St. Kitts. That's a week lineup, IMO.

Not trying to build CocoCay up to some amazing place but vs Nassau, I'd take a beach day at CocoCay in a heartbeat.

Different strokes. :)

to sail on Symphony, as opposed to Allure? Same exact stateroom (OV balcony), same dates, similar ports.

Would you personally do it?

I probably wouldn't either, but how important are the water slides to you. I am assuming Symphony is out of Miami. I had heard Allure was headed to Miami too, I don't know if that has changed, has it?

Have you seen either/both Hairspray or Mama Mia?

On 2nd thought, we always cruise around this time of year, one of my cruising friends wanted to try this class of ship and he picked the ship, for all I know I did pay the $500!

No and I wouldn't pay $100 less to sail on Oasis. I am sailing on Harmony though in January and it is costing me less than going on Allure in June.

I love Allure as does my family, but I wanted to try something different so will be trying Harmony.