Passport for baby on Costa??

Lauderdale257

We’re cruising Costa the beginning. We’re bringinh our (who will be) 9 month old son. Dad and I both have passports. Ports of call are Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel and Progresso, I know a passport is recommended in case of an emergency. But, is it required on Costa for him to have a passport?

We’re cruising Costa the beginning. We’re bringinh our (who will be) 9 month old son. Dad and I both have passports. Ports of call are Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel and Progresso, I know a passport is recommended in case of an emergency. But, is it required on Costa for him to have a passport?

I would ask this on the Costa Board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138) or, better yet, see what Costa requires on your cruise summary. Even if not required by US border patrol and immigration, the cruise line may require it.

As noted, this is a question best directed to Costa. While legally there may be no requirement, some cruise lines have stricter requirements than the law in that regard.

I doubt you will need a passport for your child.

I was thinking the same but when I go to our online check in, which needs to be completed, there is no option to skip or put his birth certificate as a form of ID. I’m calling in the morning, just curious if anyone had any experiences. We had no issues with carnival when we took him.

I know people might have a hard time believing that I'm typing this but if it were me I would get a passport for the little one. The reason is because infants can get very sick very quickly so the risk in this case is heightened and heightened to the point where I personally wouldn't feel comfortable without it. I would also strongly recommend travel insurance for much the same reason. But unless this is something that Costa requires you could make the trip on a birth certificate alone if you felt comfortable with the risk.

I know people might have a hard time believing that I'm typing this but if it were me I would get a passport for the little one. The reason is because infants can get very sick very quickly so the risk in this case is heightened and heightened to the point where I personally wouldn't feel comfortable without it. I would also strongly recommend travel insurance for much the same reason. But unless this is something that Costa requires you could make the trip on a birth certificate alone if you felt comfortable with the risk.

:eek: I just spit out my coffee!!!

It's really cold outside this morning and with your post I now know that...................

HELL JUST FROZE OVER.

;);) :D:D

Yep another surprised person, but the advice is wise.

No, we all knew that if you drank yourself into a stupor, you would see the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, we all knew that if you drank yourself into a stupor, you would see the light.

Hate to disappoint you but that had nothing to do with it;). What I posted is consistent with what I've always posted. People need to make up their own minds based on their travel needs and their risk factors. Being a father and former EMT I know how quickly infants can get sick, which is a heightened risk factor and while the OP did not ask for unsolicited advice I felt it best to include that info for their consideration. What they choose to do with the info is up to them and it's still their decision.

Hate to disappoint you but that had nothing to do with it;). What I posted is consistent with what I've always posted. People need to make up their own minds based on their travel needs and their risk factors. Being a father and former EMT I know how quickly infants can get sick, which is a heightened risk factor and while the OP did not ask for unsolicited advice I felt it best to include that info for their consideration. What they choose to do with the info is up to them and it's still their decision.

Just "yankin' your chain."

Merry Christmas and any other holiday you may celebrate.