Cozumel ----what to do?

kimma11

We have done mr. Sanchos the past couple of years. Something for everyone. We did Carlos and Charlie's this last time because we didn't really plan anything and got off the ship last minute and wanted a free beach and something where we could parasail. We got a taxi for about 4.00 pp each way and free entry to the beach with chairs, showers, umbrellas, etc at no extra charge. We were able to parasail for 50.00 each. They also had jet ski and banana boats too. We had time afterwards to go shopping at the port. Lots of time actually, as we were there for an extended time. It was a very nice warm sunny day in November.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cozumel is an island so most of the activities involve either water (snorkeling, sailing, fishing, etc.) or the beach.

The Mayan ruins on the mainland are popular - Tulum, Coba, etc. but involve a ferry from Cozumel and a bus ride both ways -- plan on spending more time getting there and back than you will touring the ruins. I would only do this via a ship sponsored tour.

What are you interested in? :confused: Cruising for your honeymoon? With kids? Lots of options, but you'll need to give us more info if you want the suggestions to be closer to your target.

One of our port stops is Cozumel. We haven't picked any activities yet as we can't make up our minds. So please tell me what y'all did at this port and if you would do it again!!! :)

We have been to Cozumel many times and have done it all from horse back riding to chillin at Mr. Sanchos (our favorite)...but we just got back 2 weeks ago and had the most fabulous tour in Cozumel!

We did TrikesCozumel

http://www.trikes-tours.com/

We have done the trikes in St. Maarten (6 days before it was blown away) and Aruba; but Cozumel was the absolute best.

We rode along the beach around the whole island.We stopped several places for photos. Stopped by the ocean and had THE best mojito you could ever imagine (all hand done, no blenders) $6.

Included was a Tequila distillery "tour" and tasting. Then they served us an amazing fajita lunch. Drinks were on your own; but reasonable.

I think they would have kept touring us had we not told them it was time to get back to the ship!

They furnish bandanas and helmets. All new equipment. They take time to get you introduced and comfortable riding the trike.

Trikes are automatic (car engines) and brand new. My husband (we are in our 60's) drove and I rode on the double wide back seat. (2 can ride). There were only 2 couples on our tour and we had NO complaints. We had 2 guides who led us in a VW Beetle; 1 hanging out the window taking pictures! They post all these pictures on their FB page and you can download any of them for free.

So glad we did the 3rd island with them. I have recommended them so many times that there won't be many more months of "just 1 or 2" on the tour!;)

Check it out!

btw...I am just enthusiastic because this is something new and unique for us that we totally enjoyed...I am in no way affiliated with them! :)

Last year we did the new tour "Cenote Hopping with Lunch" available through Carnival on the"extra" itineraries. It was an incredible day. It's a ferry ride to the mainland and comfortable bus to the site. You tour and swim in 4 different cenotes. Beautiful hike through the jungle/forest. One of them has a high (30-40 ft jump), one you zipline and drop into, one you paddle a canoe across and one has a cave. After the tour you get a traditional Mayan lunch cooked that was fantastic. We loved everything about it.

Went to Paradise beach twice. Great with the kids. Lots of blow up water toys. Then we found Dune Buggy excursion. We book through shore excursions dot. We've used them twice (both with the same guide, Roger). You snorkel, have lunch, visit Punta Sur lighthouse, see the wild side of shore, and visited Hacienda Antigua for tequila tasting/buying (love the blue tequila "Love Potion" it's citrus). We have booked them again in February and are hoping to get Roger again :D. You do have to have a driver that knows how to drive a standard (yup, I drive) and are not expecting anything fancy (old VW bug with the roof cut off). The last time we have all the girls with me and my husband drove all the boys. They also offer cold drinks during the tour. Our boys (16-17) enjoyed having a beer while their dad/uncle drove.

We have been to Cozumel many times and have done it all from horse back riding to chillin at Mr. Sanchos (our favorite)...but we just got back 2 weeks ago and had the most fabulous tour in Cozumel!

We did TrikesCozumel

We have done the trikes in St. Maarten (6 days before it was blown away) and Aruba; but Cozumel was the absolute best.

We rode along the beach around the whole island.We stopped several places for photos. Stopped by the ocean and had THE best mojito you could ever imagine (all hand done, no blenders) $6.

Included was a Tequila distillery "tour" and tasting. Then they served us an amazing fajita lunch. Drinks were on your own; but reasonable.

I think they would have kept touring us had we not told them it was time to get back to the ship!

They furnish bandanas and helmets. All new equipment. They take time to get you introduced and comfortable riding the trike.

Trikes are automatic (car engines) and brand new. My husband (we are in our 60's) drove and I rode on the double wide back seat. (2 can ride). There were only 2 couples on our tour and we had NO complaints. We had 2 guides who led us in a VW Beetle; 1 hanging out the window taking pictures! They post all these pictures on their FB page and you can download any of them for free.

So glad we did the 3rd island with them. I have recommended them so many times that there won't be many more months of "just 1 or 2" on the tour!;)

Check it out!

btw...I am just enthusiastic because this is something new and unique for us that we totally enjoyed...I am in no way affiliated with them! :)

These look like fun! Thanks for the info. I think this is exactly what I was looking for!! Are any of the trikes big enough for 4 people? And is the lunch included in the fee or did you pay extra for that?

These look like fun! Thanks for the info. I think this is exactly what I was looking for!! Are any of the trikes big enough for 4 people? And is the lunch included in the fee or did you pay extra for that?

In Cozumel we were pleased and surprised that lunch WAS included. Drinks were on us though.

The chicken fajita lunch they served each of us was enough for 2 people. So fresh and so good!

Trikes are 1 seat in front and double in back. Not sure if maybe an adult and 2 kids could fit on back? Probably not; mostly for safety concerns. Look at them on the site; not sure I've seen more then 3 on one in any port.

I personally love sitting in the middle right behind hubby. If you look on their FB page they had us on their "Have Fun" picture. Not sure if still there or not. I saved it!

It was a fabulous day. Worth every penny!

Lots of good ideas here though!

ok, I need everyone's advice!

Will be stopping in Cozumel on the Celebrity Edge next Jan with a group of about 20 ladies. Many many of us have been to Cozumel multiple times and this itinerary is all about the ship, of course! We'll also be stopping in Costa Maya and Grand Caymen...it's my job to find fun/different/memorable things to do (just back from Windstar last week)

So, I love the Trikes Tour.

But wondering if we need to look into the Dos Ojos tour....looking at the Cozumel tours website by Johan and Sandra, they offer the snorkeling/Dos Ojos Cenote tour as well as a Chocolate and cooking tour...

Help steer me in the right direction, please!!!!!!:cool:

Will be stopping in Cozumel on the Celebrity Edge next Jan with a group of about 20 ladies. Many many of us have been to Cozumel multiple times and this itinerary is all about the ship, of course! We'll also be stopping in Costa Maya and Grand Caymen...it's my job to find fun/different/memorable things to do (just back from Windstar last week)

But wondering if we need to look into the Dos Ojos tour....looking at the Cozumel tours website by Johan and Sandra, they offer the snorkeling/Dos Ojos Cenote tour as well as a Chocolate and cooking tour...

Dos Ojos is definitely different and I know I'd go back. Can all the ladies swim? Would any be fearful of going in a cave?

If you need something for Costa Maya...Maya Chan is excellent. Look at their FB page. There is a picture of a large group of ladies that visited last week...all floating out in the water in a group. The staff kayaks out to serve you your drinks...you never have to leave your seat!!

We were there in Jan for the first time and loved it. Wasn't looking forward to going to Costa Maya at all...but would return again for Maya Chan.

Went to Paradise beach twice. Great with the kids. Lots of blow up water toys. Then we found Dune Buggy excursion. We book through shore excursions dot. We've used them twice (both with the same guide, Roger). You snorkel, have lunch, visit Punta Sur lighthouse, see the wild side of shore, and visited Hacienda Antigua for tequila tasting/buying (love the blue tequila "Love Potion" it's citrus). We have booked them again in February and are hoping to get Roger again :D. You do have to have a driver that knows how to drive a standard (yup, I drive) and are not expecting anything fancy (old VW bug with the roof cut off). The last time we have all the girls with me and my husband drove all the boys. They also offer cold drinks during the tour. Our boys (16-17) enjoyed having a beer while their dad/uncle drove.

Can you share the link for this tour? I typed in what you spelled out above, and it was a dead link.

thanks!--CeleBrat

What does everyone reccommend for a family of 4 with 2 children (8 and 13)? We like water activities but are open to ideas. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the boards :cool:

Chankanaab Marine park offers sea lion shows, dolphins, nature trails, a small beach, separate snorkel area, etc. Adult admission is about $20 each (look on line for coupons) and a taxi for 4 will be about $11-12 each way.

There are many other beach clubs on Coz to choose from - Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, etc. Do some homework on this board and trip advisor before you make a choice.

Would you recommend this for kids? I'm struggling for something fun and different to do with my 9 yr old.

We did TrikesCozumel

Check it out!

Would you recommend this for kids? I'm struggling for something fun and different to do with my 9 yr old.

If you have a driver, the 9 yr old could definitely sit safely on the back; it has a seat belt. It is all open air and the island is gorgeous BUT...there is drinking and a tequila factory tasting; so perhaps not interesting to the child. Only 1 stop that they could go down to the water; and it's not recommended that anyone goes in at this point. (ROUGH water).

Beautiful ride.

You might check their site for age limits.

Perhaps they might enjoy going to a Mr. Sanchos type place and playing on the water amusements?

I guess it would depend on the child if they would enjoy this. Sorry to be a "no good answer" on your question!!